IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

5 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

@rugger it’s been a shit show, largely due to the increase in riders in the past year. 

No IMO needed, the berms need serious work soon. I started by trying to address the bypasses (constant battle) and also worked on pulling in some of the lines that have widened significantly. Next step should be repairing drainage issues and the berms. l’ll shoot you a PM. 

It’s great to see everyone working together on this, original trail builders and new trail stewards. It’s a huge undertaking both building and then maintaining, so both area very appreciated. 

Keep up the great work....and let us know how to help. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

@rugger it’s been a shit show, largely due to the increase in riders in the past year. 

No IMO needed, the berms need serious work soon. I started by trying to address the bypasses (constant battle) and also worked on pulling in some of the lines that have widened significantly. Next step should be repairing drainage issues and the berms. l’ll shoot you a PM. 

Yep, the lowest common denominator has reach an all time low. It's to be expected. I had a runner on 1/4 that I had to play the passing game 5 or 6 times because he kept cutting the trail, that's frustrating, but not a problem you can fix. Widening, cheater/alts to a point can definitely be addressed, but diligence is key. 

Berms are easy enough, and IMO, also very rewarding to correct and good investment for rider enjoyment. A crew of 4-6 can knock out fixing those berms in a couple hours each. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Heard there’s a tree down at wall. I won’t be able to make it out there until tomorrow morning so use caution. 

As of 5pm yday there wasn’t. 
I did mean to mention that there’s a oak branch dangerously low towards the bottom of 1/4 Bailout. 

1 hour ago, Shinerider said:

Just now, I heard that someone tore down the blockade and fence on the old Bob Ross trail section and pitched it into the woods!  Apparently towards the Rim side.  Just heard about it.

received_429425584927299.webp 409.48 kB · 9 downloads

That's odd. I just rode by there an hour ago on Rim and didn't notice it being down. Possible though that I just wasn't paying close enough attention.   

Finally dusted (actually hosed) and de-webbed the bike yesterday and got out for a ride... @First-Blood was right, DD has changed since last May... the last time I took a hiatus it was 1/4 that changed the most. I guess Covid brought out a lot of new trail users. Squeezeplay is no joke now! There are new rough/tech sections throughout 1/4 and DD that weren't there before. Tons of riders, hikers and runners out, even at 2pm on a Monday... Maybe the same problem that caused the wear will make the trails so difficult that people will stop using them as much...

• Like 3

I posted on Facebook about the fence been torn down...People on facebook are ridiculous.  Some people started with the whole "It's my land I pay for with taxes, the County can't tell me I can't use it". It highlights what is wrong in society today,

1. People have lost the ability to see their actions affect others.

2. The world is not centered around you.

3. The Government's sole purpose isn't to restrict your rights, their not out to get you.

4. You must compromise, if both sides give up a little everyone gains. 

Edited by HoneyBadger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I posted on Facebook about the fence been torn down...People on facebook are ridiculous.  Some people started with the whole "It's my land I pay for with taxes, the County can't tell me I can't use it". It highlights what is wrong in society today,
1. People have lost the ability to see their actions affect others.
2. The world is not centered around you.
3. The Government's sole purpose isn't to restrict your rights, their not out to get you.
Leave FB. You won't regret it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

1 minute ago, First-Blood said:

Leave FB. You won't regret it

I know, I'm slowly breaking the ties. I have put a time limit on it and making an effort to not look at it more than once a day. After watching "The Social Dilemma" and "The Great Hack" on Netflix I've started to use social media less and less, with the goal to not be on it more than once a week. 

I know, I'm slowly breaking the ties. I have put a time limit on it and making an effort to not look at it more than once a day. After watching "The Social Dilemma" and "The Great Hack" on Netflix I've started to use social media less and less, with the goal to not be on it more than once a week. 
Sometimes I miss being in the loop. But overall my mental state is better.

• Like 2