IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

7 hours ago, AustinBike said:

I only use FB to keep in touch with people on messenger for arranging rides. Because I am only doing solo rides these days I don't even do that. Haven't posted a picture or a status in 2+ years, but will comment on trail condition threads occasionally.

That was me until a few weeks ago.  Also used it to keep in touch with Family in Mexico.  But I just don't want to have to do anything at all with FB.  I requested all my data and everything deleted, not just "disabling account" which retains everything.  

If you do stick with social media, look into container tabs plugins for the browser.  Even before I killed FB completely, I had already deleted the app on my phone.

Most social media is just social poisoning. The anonymity brings out the worst in people. We would never be aggressive the way that people are today when we were younger. If you were talking shit about someone when we were younger you could count on them showing up at your doorstep or work or even better catch you out with your friends and make an example of you. We can't do that anymore but I feel sometimes it needs to happen.

• Like 4

The fence at Brushy that was torn down last week was permanently fixed today. GreenMTBrider and I moved the fence further back between two trees so it’s a pinch point, there’s no way around it unless you start chopping branches. The posts are cemented into the ground. I re-vegetated the trail by planting grasses and cactus, then placing rocks. You can’t tell it was once a trail. I also blocked the trail beyond the fence with brush, rocks, and cactus.

Fence 1.png

ReVeg 1.png

Edited by HoneyBadger
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

The fence at Brushy that was torn down last week was permanently fixed today. GreenMTBrider and I moved the fence further back between two trees so it’s a pinch point, there’s no way around it unless you start chopping branches. The posts are cemented into the ground. I re-vegetated the trail by planting grasses and cactus, then placing rocks. You can’t tell it was once a trail. I also blocked the trail beyond the fence with brush, rocks, and cactus.

Damn nice work!

Side note, I was out yesterday afternoon riding SN and around the church area. Have y'all been making new trails other than the the jump line area? I ran across one yesterday that I didn't recognize and looked somewhat new. Strava called it roller coaster and it's the blue path in the image. It was really, really fun so good job to whoever created it recently. And if it's old, shame on me for never seeing it considering I've ridden those trails a lot. But I haven't been out since June as I broke an ankle playing hockey and then once that healed I broke my collarbone at the Walnut BMX park. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 6.18.37 PM.png

17 minutes ago, quixoft said:

Side note, I was out yesterday afternoon riding SN and around the church area. Have y'all been making new trails other than the the jump line area? I ran across one yesterday that I didn't recognize and looked somewhat new. Strava called it roller coaster and it's the blue path in the image. It was really, really fun so good job to whoever created it recently. And if it's old, shame on me for never seeing it considering I've ridden those trails a lot. But I haven't been out since June as I broke an ankle playing hockey and then once that healed I broke my collarbone at the Walnut BMX park. 

Fairly new stuff from AJ. I enjoy it. 

13 hours ago, quixoft said:

I found that the last time I was out there about 2-3 weeks ago. It's a lot of fun!

If that is what I think it was, that's the new off-camber cut on the side of the hill. I liked it but did not have gears with me so it was a start and stop. Never went up above the bench cut line, looks like it goes up to the top. Gonna bring gears one of these days and check it out.
Hang Jowl is the area he is talking about. The other off camber steep stuff is just past the end of Gandolf.
You can ride HJ all day with your SS no problem. The other section no way , heck even with gears its tough. I think that part is called Balrog.. another LOTR reference.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Im out here now. Nothing is primo yet and rocky areas are sketchy. Rode the following so far...

DD - GTG

1/4 - GTG. Some puddles but rideable, tires not caking. East side is tacky and could use more time but rest of trail is fine. 

Picnic - GTG. Some wet low spots 

Peddlers - East side was good but I was getting too much caking riding the west side so I bailed. I’m going to put the chain up but I’m guessing someone will take it down prematurely. 

Suburban Ninja- GTG

Edited by GreenMTBrider

Just got back from my ride and got to ride bob ross in both directions and I hit snail trail #5 three times. Awesome work by both crews!!! Thanks a lot!!! Also found out I’m in terrible shape[emoji16]
Cool.. so whats the difference between trails 1 through 6?

48 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

Cool.. so whats the difference between trails 1 through 6?

#5 has some good flowy berms and a really well built table top that the speed you carry into it is perfect to clear it and it was hardtail friendly (that's what I was on today). For the rest someone else can probably give you a better description as I haven't ridden them since they have been labled, but I'll take a guess. I figure #1 is likely the new wooden roll in with the wood berm that drops you into what use to be the old right line. #2 is likely the old left line that you can also split off to Randy's elbow. #3 would then be the newish big line with the big drop to steep step up to another big drop and step up, to big wooden berm to steep roll out to end of trail. #4 would then be the old return route that is no longer a return (I should have checked that one out). #5 as above. #6 Didn't realize there was a #6 unless it's the new return route.  

Someone let me know how close I am to correct or how wrong I am!

• Like 1

#5 has some good flowy berms and a really well built table top that the speed you carry into it is perfect to clear it and it was hardtail friendly (that's what I was on today). For the rest someone else can probably give you a better description as I haven't ridden them since they have been labled, but I'll take a guess. I figure #1 is likely the new wooden roll in with the wood berm that drops you into what use to be the old right line. #2 is likely the old left line that you can also split off to Randy's elbow. #3 would then be the newish big line with the big drop to steep step up to another big drop and step up, to big wooden berm to steep roll out to end of trail. #4 would then be the old return route that is no longer a return (I should have checked that one out). #5 as above. #6 Didn't realize there was a #6 unless it's the new return route.  
Someone let me know how close I am to correct or how wrong I am!
Pretty close. It gets complicated as you can jump lines but here I'll try in my drunken state.

#1. Wooden table or Rock berms which lead to the OG dual drops. You can also jump the wooden berm into the Highline trail that has a large wooden drop to a big step up and then onto the rest of Highline

#2. The OG line that leads to dual drops and into ravine

#3. The line that has dilapidated table jump to small wood ramp. It leads 3 different lines. The chunky downhill. The step short downhill into ravine or the big ole Randy's Elbow drop feature.

#4. It's technically now a beginner ish downhill run. It used to be just one if the several climbs up.

#5. Bermy and flowy Downhill run with a table that leads to a new mini ravine. In the ravine in splits to 2 lines that both lead to same spot just one side in future will have a feature. Mayne another drop.

# 6. Currently unavailable. Only planned route but it will hopefully be the most advanced route out of the 6.

There is also a FreeRide line that I don't even wanna blast out there cause it is sketch RN. But it's l up in the trashy part of the big ravine.

Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How's Brushy today?  I finally have a new mountain bike after breaking mine over a year ago at Lake Georgetown!  Want to take it out to Brushy for the first time and hit everything out there, including the new stuff I keep reading about.  Have already ridden all the new stuff in Suburban Ninja.  🙂

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Albert said:

How's Brushy today?  I finally have a new mountain bike after breaking mine over a year ago at Lake Georgetown!  Want to take it out to Brushy for the first time and hit everything out there, including the new stuff I keep reading about.  Have already ridden all the new stuff in Suburban Ninja.  🙂

Brushys fine, go ride. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Albert said:

Great, thanks!  Want to get out today before the weather takes a turn for the worse this week.

I'm the worst at checking forecasts.  Thanks to you, now I'll be prepared to cover my fruit trees and other plants.  We'd already stowed our covers and everything is budding.  I have the peach and other farmers in my thoughts.

• Like 1