IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

23 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Pretty close. It gets complicated as you can jump lines but here I'll try in my drunken state.

#1. Wooden table or Rock berms which lead to the OG dual drops. You can also jump the wooden berm into the Highline trail that has a large wooden drop to a big step up and then onto the rest of Highline

#2. The OG line that leads to dual drops and into ravine

#3. The line that has dilapidated table jump to small wood ramp. It leads 3 different lines. The chunky downhill. The step short downhill into ravine or the big ole Randy's Elbow drop feature.

#4. It's technically now a beginner ish downhill run. It used to be just one if the several climbs up.

#5. Bermy and flowy Downhill run with a table that leads to a new mini ravine. In the ravine in splits to 2 lines that both lead to same spot just one side in future will have a feature. Mayne another drop.

# 6. Currently unavailable. Only planned route but it will hopefully be the most advanced route out of the 6.

There is also a FreeRide line that I don't even wanna blast out there cause it is sketch RN. But it's l up in the trashy part of the big ravine.

Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Hit #1 multiple times today - nicely done! Stuck to the middle section of the wall but hope to go higher once I get off blood thinners. Still like #2 as well, especially when coming out of the adjacent trail and hucking off the ramp leading into it. What's funny is that I finally graduated to the taller of the two OG drops and see now what @Morris has been telling me all along. The taller drop is actually more mellow than the lower one. They're both fun though. Did #5 twice and couldn't get enough speed to clear that table top. Repetition will be the key for me there, but that is definitely a fun line that I'll hit again and again. Great work guys! I am truly blessed to have all of this in my "backyard". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Couple of things...

1) Someone got the bridge back to the East End of Ankle Biter/Gum Drop. 🎉

2) Ankle Biter/Gum Drop is really widening out with all of the new traffic. It's like a highway now, well not quite, but still. 

3) I crashed/ barrel rolled from the upper ledge (Right-side of picture below), luckily the tree (far left of same picture) stopped me from entering Brushy Creek from an unwelcome height. 

4) I'm limping somewhat today and kicking myself for not wearing my clunky knee pads, anything would have been better than nothing. Any suggestions for "better than nothing knee pads" that can be peddled in? 

large.20210207_132241.jpg.e8e3b83a98a734c3eb8d5a88810730ae.jpg

7 hours ago, RedRider3141 said:

Couple of things...

4) I'm limping somewhat today and kicking myself for not wearing my clunky knee pads, anything would have been better than nothing. Any suggestions for "better than nothing knee pads" that can be peddled in? 

https://www.amazon.com/G-Form-Knee-Black-Adult-X-Large/dp/B07JH4G1MJ/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?crid=3RG1FK0RXIXAX&dchild=1&keywords=mountain+bike+knee+pads+for+men&qid=1612873385&sprefix=mountain+bike+knee%2Caps%2C585&sr=8-3-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExVkZVNEU4MUIxUjhEJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDYxNDA0VUhJR0pVUEoySVkyJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAyMzQyNjYyOURNWkFGNllUQUdNJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I have these and matching elbow pads.  No complaints.  They've saved my knees and elbows on several occasions at this point and now I feel weird if I don't have them on.  That said, I haven't ridden with them in the summer soooo.... 🥵

8 hours ago, RedRider3141 said:

Any suggestions for "better than nothing knee pads" that can be peddled in? 

I spent 7 years riding without pads and finally decided to protect my knees. These have been great - lightweight, cheap, and ample protection. Fortunately I haven't had an opportunity to see how well they actually protect against a direct impact, but believe they will be adequate.   

Kali Mission Knee Guards | Jenson USA

• Like 1

[mention=88]throet[/mention] finally the drops! Awesome to hear about that [emoji41]. You have been ready for those for so long and it makes that whole line very fun.  Congrats on the progression! 
Speaking of those dual drops they are in terrible shape. Been meaning to re build them. Just been patching for years. May post up a work day soon and knock it out

• Like 2

Got out to Brushy Creek yesterday for the first time in quite a while.  Rode 20 miles and had a ton of fun!  Here's the route I rode:

• Candyland (Gumdrop, Snow White, Gnargasm, then back around to Snow White via trail above Gnargasm).
  • Peddler's Pass
  • Mulligan
  • Picnic East to West (entire length)
  • Bob Ross
  • Rim Job out and back
  • Snail trails (went up three times three different ways, coming down on 2, 5, and YMCA)
  • Bob Ross in reverse
  • Picnic West to East to 1/4 Notch bailout
  • 1/4 Notch West to East (reverse)
  • Back to car at Champion Park (via singletrack where I could).

Was nice to see all the cedar fences inside Peddler's Pass to prevent people from cutting across trails, well done!  The new Bob Ross trail is great and flows well in both directions (although certainly more climbing west to east).  And you can now climb out of the trail at the end (near the Double Down exit), which I didn't even attempt previously. 

Remarkable to see all the work that's been done in Snail.  I first rode up the cement along 183A, got to the top, and was amused at the 1-6 signs.  I rode down 5 first, and at the bottom saw that there's a new "Climbing" trail, so I rode that up.  Not bad at all.  I then went down the YMCA trail and then rode the trail at the bottom of that back up to the clearing.  Then rode 2 back to the bottom and even that trail has changed a bit.  I'm not someone who does jumps at all, but it's very cool to see what's out there, and I still enjoy the climbing and then descending the trails that don't have crazy features I cannot avoid.  🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, throet said:

Rode this morning and the trails were in great shape. 

They were certainly great yesterday!  Except for Mulligan, lots of water in the low areas near the end (before that small, rocky climb and then all the dips that follow).  I didn't try riding Dave's Ditch as I assumed that would be wet.  Also some water at the beginning of Gumdrop, but that's not unusual.

29 minutes ago, Albert said:

They were certainly great yesterday!  Except for Mulligan, lots of water in the low areas near the end (before that small, rocky climb and then all the dips that follow).  I didn't try riding Dave's Ditch as I assumed that would be wet.  Also some water at the beginning of Gumdrop, but that's not unusual.

Yeah I don't even fool with Mulligan unless we've been in an extended drought. Loving the way Bob Ross is getting tamped down - must be getting a good amount of traffic!

Edited by throet
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Albert said:

I actually rode Dave's ditch while wet a couple of weeks ago.  The two rollers are not very slick which is what I was always afraid.  The lower portion is easily navigable at low speed.

I rode SN for the first time in a while today.  Wow!  seems like lots of new stuff.  Church stuff looks nice.  I rode only the non freeride stuff but I eyeballed that first drop. It's about the same size as what I built in my yard, but the difference is my yard doesn't have the same slope down.  I need to sign the waiver and give some money to FR512 before I try it though!

• Like 1

I'm going to have some lumber I will not be using.  1 8ft treated 4x4.  A few shorter 4x4 pieces, some treated tread planks (with the rounded edge), etc.  Let me know if you need this or something else.  I also have heavy duty nails.
Always. I can come get it. Or just meet at Snail. DM me.

18 hours ago, throet said:

Yeah I don't even fool with Mulligan unless we've been in an extended drought. Loving the way Bob Ross is getting tamped down - must be getting a good amount of traffic!

Up to that point everything was nice, but the big puddles under the Parmer bridges (near the BCRT, where you enter after riding Peddlers to head towards Mulligan) should have clued me in.  Is there any way these can be fixed, given their consistently wet nature for some time after it rains?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I actually rode Dave's ditch while wet a couple of weeks ago.  The two rollers are not very slick which is what I was always afraid.  The lower portion is easily navigable at low speed.

Having slipped and fallen on my ass on those rollers when they've been wet, I'm happy to avoid them unless they are completely dry.  I could have avoided them and ridden the rest of Dave's Ditch (dumping me right near Snail, and avoiding more of the BCRT), but given how wet Mulligan was, I figured there'd be a lot of water in there as well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Albert said:

I could have avoided them and ridden the rest of Dave's Ditch (dumping me right near Snail, and avoiding more of the BCRT), but given how wet Mulligan was, I figured there'd be a lot of water in there as well. 

I've been avoiding Dave's Ditch Waterfall for a while. Lately I take the first right through the 3 g-outs. It's nearly as fun as the Ditch. It's called Attack of the Clones on TrailForks.

• Like 1

I think it must be that it was dry for so long, that not enough algae has grown.  I approach on foot, put tire on the water, and move around to see how bad it is.  I was definitely conscious of being completely centered though.   I wonder if it gets ridden enough if it will keep the algae in check?  I haven't ridden AoC in a while.  I'll have to do it next time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Barry said:

Lately I take the first right through the 3 g-outs. It's nearly as fun as the Ditch. It's called Attack of the Clones on TrailForks.

Is that when you get to the end of Rim and can go either up the hill to the left or to the right and either down to Dave's Ditch (bypassing the slippery rocks) or stay right and go along the parallel trail to Rim that eventually reconnects to the main Rim trail?  That is fun, and that is what I rode on Monday, but that last dip I haven't been brave enough to ride.

35 minutes ago, Albert said:

That is fun, and that is what I rode on Monday, but that last dip I haven't been brave enough to ride.

Yeah that's it. And indeed that one tight rocky g-out is a bit scary. Every time I make it through it I'm thankful that I still have my teeth.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Barry said:

Yeah that's it. And indeed that one tight rocky g-out is a bit scary. Every time I make it through it I'm thankful that I still have my teeth.

Great, thanks for confirming.  Yeah, if I watched some others do it and the line(s) they choose, I might be brave enough.  But I could just see my fork bottoming out and my slamming into the rocks face first.  Will have to look at it moire carefully next time I'm out there.  Which won't be this week!!!

• Like 1