IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

There is a tree over the trail on the west end of Deception.    Not sure of the trail segment name, but it's just before you get to the jeep road.  Also another tree down at the top of snail.  

I can take my chainsaw over there Friday or Saturday and take care of it if that's ok with upper level management. 

• Like 2

On 3/4/2021 at 7:47 PM, GreenMTBrider said:

@JRIDER Not surprised about Double Down. Trees were cleared on both it and 1/4 but it appears there is still some movement from the trees. Feel free to tackle it. I’m out of town until Monday. 

Rode all of DD and 1/4 Sat and everything was clear except for some remaining carnage on Dare and on Huck Finn. I went back out today and took care of both of those spots, and also cleared a bunch of low-hanging stuff throughout DD. Great weekend to be back out riding! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Caddyshack cleared now. For those of you who ride that section it would be great if you could keep an eye out for paths like the picture below coming down from trail to bcrt and block or re block them. There can't be any direct intersections from this trail or Snail touching bcrt. I blocked it fairly well up top. Haven't covered the visible path as I didn't have a rake on me.
Thanks306b10eaac0200e926f6021eba0f6d93.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

FYI, someone blocked Gumdrop, same spot that someone built a half assed fence for before. I haven’t been over there all week but plan to check it out after my 3pm meeting to clear it. 
Do you know what it is blocked with? I have a t post puller if they did that again

37 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Caddyshack cleared now. For those of you who ride that section it would be great if you could keep an eye out for paths like the picture below coming down from trail to bcrt and block or re block them. There can't be any direct intersections from this trail or Snail touching bcrt. I blocked it fairly well up top. Haven't covered the visible path as I didn't have a rake on me.

THANK YOU! I can't count how many times I have blocked that. That and the lesser traveled one that exits at the base of the dam spillway. 

THANK YOU! I can't count how many times I have blocked that. That and the lesser traveled one that exits at the base of the dam spillway. 
Yea. Saw that one too. But it at least isn't as obvious. But it will need to be blocked. Problem with this particular section is that there are tons of ways to cut down. I think a few signs are in order.. but...Besides building a fence I don't have an answer that solves it.

2 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

If it isn't gone tomorrow I'll try and get out there Sunday or Monday

I scoped it out today and wow it took some effort for someone to do this. I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t a pissed off neighbor but instead some official. 

So it’s going to take more than one person to clear it. Let me know if you’d be up for meeting up tomorrow. I have a chainsaw that’ll make quick work of it. 

12CA6243-2485-4664-A436-A7564713748C.jpeg

• Confused 1

I scoped it out today and wow it took some effort for someone to do this. I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t a pissed off neighbor but instead some official. 

So it’s going to take more than one person to clear it. Let me know if you’d be up for meeting up tomorrow. I have a chainsaw that’ll make quick work of it. 

12CA6243-2485-4664-A436-A7564713748C.thumb.jpeg.50c9b3c58120bd70a9122208f3c9e0b3.jpeg

I would think anyone official would have posted signage or something to that affect. But that is one huge pile. If it was county you or Ronan would have known by now. If it was MUD official I would think a sign at minimum. The t post fence awhile back was more official than this and nothing happened after it was moved.

It almost looks like someone drug tons of branches from off the trail itself. Wonder if a resident didn't like the cleanup efforts and drug it all into plain view also blocking access?

Anyways

I'll be at work tomorrow for 24. . Won't be available til Sunday or Monday

1 hour ago, First-Blood said:

It almost looks like someone drug tons of branches from off the trail itself. Wonder if a resident didn't like the cleanup efforts and drug it all into plain view also blocking access?

I was kind of thinking the same thing, or maybe someone's trying to help by dragging out all the stuff that Moralice, Skyyhorn and I cut...? That's probably not even half of it.

7 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Thanks, I intended to get out there over a week ago to clear it and haven't been able to get out in daylight. 

9 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Is there a correct way down from the top of this trail once you  eat the dam?

9 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Is there a correct way down from the top of this trail once you get close to  the dam?

or do you loop back around to the entrance with the climb?

I rode most of Suburban Ninja yesterday, including all the new stuff (which is great!)  I noticed there are a TON of red ribbons along the new trails that weren't there a week ago, usually following the trails but sometimes seemingly in the woods by themselves.  There was also what looked like survey crews by the church and firehouse.  Don't know if there's a relation between the two.  Does anyone know what this is about? 

11 minutes ago, Albert said:

I rode most of Suburban Ninja yesterday, including all the new stuff (which is great!)  I noticed there are a TON of red ribbons along the new trails that weren't there a week ago, usually following the trails but sometimes seemingly in the woods by themselves.  There was also what looked like survey crews by the church and firehouse.  Don't know if there's a relation between the two.  Does anyone know what this is about? 

The church seems to only own a small piece of land. The bulk is owned by 2 corporations, 1 of which (Presidio Parmer Arg Lp - from WCAD, not the attached images) also owns the mixed use area just south of Ranch Trails Rd. Maybe the Church is related to these entities but I can't imagine this area staying undeveloped long.

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE0YjgwLWMwZjYtNjIxYi0wMAItMDAKAEYAAANlZhS6JMYBTLZq6B4Y3PE6BwBs9mKVgAHtQq5Q%2F4RvmJLhAAACAQwAAABs9mKVgAHtQq5Q%2F4RvmJLhAARK6VsZAAAAARIAEADfaUZsueHHSL4gCPSe6G2T&thumbnailType=2&isc=1&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjMwODE3OUNFNUY0QjUyRTc4QjJEQjg5NjZCQUY0RUNDMzcyN0FFRUUiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiJNSUY1emw5TFV1ZUxMYmlXYTY5T3pEY25ydTQifQ.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.HkcKNnaS1DSG5B1qollixV3-0U-t999p4F5tn6hwLcWxa70PjNWJlvcv4Et2sOLijbil5Ya69_Y3-9MxpYBAWSc9mLnGlTJ9NB0Rel1bSNZge06Z7CiOCUrWW54o3VaFkUrjUB9Pe4vKBPBqt5WGghSesOFeTpfpmTtDAMiMYWy2rGvJ_VmxMNKrJqmB1R1PrqVVapJgbsIeEOtNLTA35CcVAM7kX86IjKmGaHzN3ujvIMvaBTWMI_fuhyibC9rq5y1z7L9QxnYxKq8606eDuSRs_uL7_H4dO1yahMe8IRtcVnYXD_jMYzZYVuCeCX_nvrr4de8Sy4S8ixPfpa76JA&X-OWA-CANARY=zPqSCOmgVkmzHCfcCrIeAKBWzWxC5tgYYBLB-I3RC3CnSQ6C6yAqO5XCL2_Pwxmh-a5cnsXT5Bw.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20210301002.05&animation=true

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE0YjgwLWMwZjYtNjIxYi0wMAItMDAKAEYAAANlZhS6JMYBTLZq6B4Y3PE6BwBs9mKVgAHtQq5Q%2F4RvmJLhAAACAQwAAABs9mKVgAHtQq5Q%2F4RvmJLhAARK6VsaAAAAARIAEACbzurzhTK%2BSLCDWS4lNvog&thumbnailType=2&isc=1&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjMwODE3OUNFNUY0QjUyRTc4QjJEQjg5NjZCQUY0RUNDMzcyN0FFRUUiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiJNSUY1emw5TFV1ZUxMYmlXYTY5T3pEY25ydTQifQ.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.ap9TLpucW6b7-RqcogsKiw3koyO__H6q_HbwpWqiT_ncEhPAdG04PcZqSGlEtOiPxIHJ9oGsHcKTiObmEsUqxbfM-0lHjbxikRavFfLHD4IzSgPzzHiy8YGOdQcy7pCmytESHMHkt3bSrLfTcfA1soOp9vX0IvVTS88HADMaE2resawQi0Xlebi4zyck1Bmq05ny18k3AGVzwMKmYdW9N9jDlQFXl8M_mypPsM1oQDcE92XFTPDRVFXokoX2TICrDKqOMMpY0c3xItLFWCWKQ9gXB-oZRRPSI0mvFdxcxQ6yUYp4_15RHjTXQhAcgUPWgnEMlrH9CARj70_2S5D3KQ&X-OWA-CANARY=IFa3talBnkKTzd5yqeK2YyBbhI1D5tgYoRw7ycN7TnEXAu3JiB1J8z58d66u1gTYLizWTXa0I9w.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20210301002.05&animation=true

AJ and I both looked at WCAD long ago. There are literally only slivers of City of CP greenspace in the area of Church and Ninja. Anything else is fair game and WILL be developed for the most part. That said, much of Ninja is in said greenspace. Toro Grande should only impact a small portion of Ninja. The Blue line is an approximation of the Toro Grande extension. 

Much of  what people refer to as "Church" is not actually on the Church property. It's been well known that the majority of that area will be retail, Alamo Drafthouse inclided. The XC, skinny, and jump lines are about it, everything else - the open XC bits and old jeep roads will be gone. 

image.thumb.png.e2fff625b2bc57b5f7b67fef388782b9.png

2 hours ago, rugger said:

Alamo Drafthouse inclided.

Maybe it's bad drinkin'-at-the-movies news but good bicycle news that Alamo went into Chapter 11.

New locations seem unlikely when 2 locations--including 6th street!--were just closed. If nothing else new construction will be significantly delayed. 

https://www.vulture.com/2021/03/alamo-drafthouse-bankruptcy-is-actually-a-good-thing.html

...too bad. They need to bulldoze that awesome Roller Coaster trail ASAP so I can keep my gravel bike KOM.

• Like 2