IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

12 minutes ago, Barry said:

Maybe it's bad drinkin'-at-the-movies news but good bicycle news that Alamo went into Chapter 11.

New locations seem unlikely when 2 locations--including 6th street!--were just closed. If nothing else new construction will be significantly delayed. 

https://www.vulture.com/2021/03/alamo-drafthouse-bankruptcy-is-actually-a-good-thing.html

...too bad. They need to bulldoze that awesome Roller Coaster trail ASAP so I can keep my gravel bike KOM.

Ah, I had no idea... regardless, something else will go there. 

On 3/12/2021 at 2:01 PM, GreenMTBrider said:

FYI, someone blocked Gumdrop, same spot that someone built a half assed fence for before. I haven’t been over there all week but plan to check it out after my 3pm meeting to clear it. 

Is this at Olson Meadows entrance? Can’t quite tell from pic?

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Barry said:

Maybe it's bad drinkin'-at-the-movies news but good bicycle news that Alamo went into Chapter 11.

New locations seem unlikely when 2 locations--including 6th street!--were just closed. If nothing else new construction will be significantly delayed. 

https://www.vulture.com/2021/03/alamo-drafthouse-bankruptcy-is-actually-a-good-thing.html

...too bad. They need to bulldoze that awesome Roller Coaster trail ASAP so I can keep my gravel bike KOM.

Arguably, every theater is "drinking' at the movies" if you are discreet.

• Like 3

I’m at Gumdrop now and really all that needs to be done is to “Trim the Trimmings” in a Nirvana’s Serve the Servants spirit. No need to move all that shit. Just cut the trimmings at the West most end of the pile and make a little S turn into the mouth. 

Dirt conditions are sweet bewbs too, btw.

45 minutes ago, Morealice said:

I’m at Gumdrop now and really all that needs to be done is to “Trim the Trimmings” in a Nirvana’s Serve the Servants spirit. No need to move all that shit. Just cut the trimmings at the West most end of the pile and make a little S turn into the mouth. 

Dirt conditions are sweet bewbs too, btw.

Ronan and I are heading over there at 3PM to clear it.

On 3/13/2021 at 1:59 PM, Barry said:

The eating and drinking at the movies is awesome, but for me Alamo was great b/c they enforced rules to keep jerks from intruding on my movie watching experience.  Since A.D. I have gone to a regular theater only once and that was in N.J.  It seems like the Ch. 11 will allow them to keep operating most of their locations and I bet closing the ones that were loosing money opens up opportunities for expansion.  It seems the new owners want to keep the same vibe so that's great news.  Who wants to see lawyer and ER ads before a movie?  Give me some obscure and weird stuff to get my buzz on instead!  I'm looking forward to going back.  I think theaters, travel, and restaurants will boom.

Going back to the thread topic.  Is the roller coaster section the Hawg Jawz trail?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Yes sir. And definitely runs better one direction over the other

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yeah I was told I was riding it backwards by going left at the bottom/beginning/end of the trail. I rode it the “correct” way the other day and it was waaaay less flowy that way. Way more fun riding it backwards with the big swoopy part being the payoff at the end, imo

1 minute ago, throet said:

Anybody able to gauge how much rain we got last night / this morning? Trying to sneak out for a nooner today. 

It wasn't much. I'm about a mile away and not even a 1/4 inch in my gauge. It rained for all of 4 minutes for me.

• Like 1