IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Just now, quixoft said:

It wasn't much. I'm about a mile away and not even a 1/4 inch in my gauge. It rained for all of 4 minutes for me.

I was just out about an hour ago. Ground was soft enough that I was getting dirt picked up on my shoes. It’s drying fast though and even in usually low spots we didn’t have much of any standing water. By noon they’ll likely be bueno. 

4 hours ago, GreenMTBrider said:

I was just out about an hour ago. Ground was soft enough that I was getting dirt picked up on my shoes. It’s drying fast though and even in usually low spots we didn’t have much of any standing water. By noon they’ll likely be bueno. 

Yep I went out around 1:30 and rode Rim, BR, and DD in both directions. The trail was in great shape but be cautious of large, low-hanging branches. I got walloped on the top of the head by a couple of them that I don't recall hanging that low, even as of last Fri. High winds may have brought some of the weakened branches lower. There was a huge oak branch with attached limbs laying directly across the trail on western DD, right where a switchback rounds a large tree. I ran straight into at at low speed and was trying to figure out how I ended up off the trail. Then I realized I was still on the trail. Interestingly there was no evidence of that branch coming off of any nearby tree. Seems more like somebody drug it over there. I cleared it off the trail and laid it adjacent to the barbed wire fence that runs along that section of trail.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just rode Peddlers and 1/4.  Both had small stuff on the trail that I think the wind has moved around. The wind was super strong so I think clearing them right now is a waste of time.  I also whacked my head in a spot on 1/4 I have never done that.  I can't tell if the tree is leaning over more or not.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 10:57 PM, Rdmtb said:

Is there a correct way down from the top of this trail once you get close to  the dam?

or do you loop back around to the entrance with the climb?

Loop back around, there are 2 lines part of the way. Makes a great loop.

19 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

That reminds me, whatever happened the last time EMS was out there?

The one ~2 weeks ago? Spoke to Austin Fire while they were out there. Was told it was a shoulder injury from a cycling accident. Looked like it occurred on Picnic based on where the ambulance drove down to. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Browndog said:

I saw the paramedics out there last night with a backboard on their little buggy. If someone got hurt I hope it wasn’t too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow! I ran into a bunch of novice groups out there last night. Then ran into a guy on an e-bike that said he was sizing up the drops on upper Picnic. Hope whatever happened wasn't too serious. 

2 minutes ago, throet said:

Oh wow! I ran into a bunch of novice groups out there last night. Then ran into a guy on an e-bike that said he was sizing up the drops on upper Picnic. Hope whatever happened wasn't too serious. 

Reminds me of seeing someone who seemed like a grandma on a stepover bike with whom I think is her grandaughter on 1/4 and I think two boys farther ahead were with them.  All wearing helmets, grandma with a smile on her face walking her bike down (W-E) one of the rocky/scree filled short sections close to the East end start.  I thought it was awesome.

• Like 3

I rode Brushy for the first time in a while this week, observations.

Even worse than my home trails, from the looks of it there was lots of tree maintenance that had to happen.  Nice work everyone

Rode Snail and then (sorry im sure there is a new trail name) came across the 6 signed options to go down.  Had to phone a friend to find out which one to take.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Taco Man said:

I rode Brushy for the first time in a while this week, observations.

Even worse than my home trails, from the looks of it there was lots of tree maintenance that had to happen.  Nice work everyone

Rode Snail and then (sorry im sure there is a new trail name) came across the 6 signed options to go down.  Had to phone a friend to find out which one to take.  

Thank you for reminding me of this.  Until Wednesday, I had not ventured West of 1/4 entry on the BCRT.  I had seen a lot of clean-up on 1/4, but West of 1/4 on the BCRT, the destruction and the work involved was incredible.  Some of those trees and branches were humongous!  Good work everyone!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Thank you for reminding me of this.  Until Wednesday, I had not ventured West of 1/4 entry on the BCRT.  I had seen a lot of clean-up on 1/4, but West of 1/4 on the BCRT, the destruction and the work involved was incredible.  Some of those trees and branches were humongous!  Good work everyone!

Just for the “sanctioned” trails and BCRT...

5+ miles of the BCRT cleared plus mtb trails 

12 volunteers

45+ person hours 

50+ cleared down trees/limbs 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, St.Bernardo said:

Any ideas of trail conditions after last night's storm?

This morning trails were too muddy. They seem to be drying very quickly. Areas without shade are dry, however, low areas still have standing water and walking the east side of 1/4 Notch 5 minutes ago I was getting some dirt caking on my shoes. 4PM may be good for 1/4. Can’t speak to other trails but it’s possible picnic, Rim, Snow White are GTG based on what I saw on 1/4. Double Down and other shaded trails may need a tad more time. 

• Like 2