IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

6 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Brushy is not good. Can we combine all these brushy threads

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m sure it’s no shock, but peddlers west has some standing water in some features. I only looked at the ones I could walk up to from the sports park. Sadly I do think there were riders that were actively riding. 

On a side note, good try to whoever put the trash can and logs up to block the entrance to peddlers east right at brushy creek park, guess some can’t take a hint. 

17 minutes ago, Skyyhorn said:

I’m sure it’s no shock, but peddlers west has some standing water in some features. I only looked at the ones I could walk up to from the sports park. Sadly I do think there were riders that were actively riding. 

On a side note, good try to whoever put the trash can and logs up to block the entrance to peddlers east right at brushy creek park, guess some can’t take a hint. 

The trash can was probably Honey Badger. Under Parmer is a lake so I would imagine Peddler to be very wet. Saw a hiker coming out of Peddler under Parmer scraping mud off her feet. The gully next to the bridge by Rim entrance has about two inches of flowing water and the little waterfall along the H&B has a good amount of water flowing. These are some of the spots I use to judge what trail conditions are. If they're wet the trails are wet. The problem is with the temps cooler and a little bit of sunshine every idiot in the world is out at the H&B.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chief said:

The trash can was probably Honey Badger. Under Parmer is a lake so I would imagine Peddler to be very wet. Saw a hiker coming out of Peddler under Parmer scraping mud off her feet. The gully next to the bridge by Rim entrance has about two inches of flowing water and the little waterfall along the H&B has a good amount of water flowing. These are some of the spots I use to judge what trail conditions are. If they're wet the trails are wet. The problem is with the temps cooler and a little bit of sunshine every idiot in the world is out at the H&B.

Wasn't me, but I know who it was. Thank you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

Wow, I figured with the amount of riders I saw out there yesterday that the trails were G2G. I was slightly considering dusting off the Yeti today.

Back to the YAK I guess

If you have the skills to hit double down, then you can get a ride.  There were no wet spots yesterday evening when I rode and my tires were clean coming off.  My guess is quarter notch still has several wet spots and I wouldn't go anywhere near Mulligan or peddlers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

If you have the skills to hit double down, then you can get a ride.  There were no wet spots yesterday evening when I rode and my tires were clean coming off.  My guess is quarter notch still has several wet spots and I wouldn't go anywhere near Mulligan or peddlers.

I've been accused of a lot of things, but never having skills 🙂 

Thanks for the update on the trails

• Like 1

Hey all,

I am looking to get to know the brushy creek area a bit better this week.  Regular tracks for me are CP and BCGB western (ed's jefe rudy's dumptruck).  I've heard that there are some great trails up north and have only hit deception and peddlers.  Wondering if anyone wants to ride mid week mid morning?  I'll bring a smile and a beer or two for showing me around.  

Quick noob note...  I made a separate thread like a dumbass that has this same topic posted in it, then found this thread.  

Cheers

14 hours ago, surfingfaith said:

Hey all,

I am looking to get to know the brushy creek area a bit better this week.  Regular tracks for me are CP and BCGB western (ed's jefe rudy's dumptruck).  I've heard that there are some great trails up north and have only hit deception and peddlers.  Wondering if anyone wants to ride mid week mid morning?  I'll bring a smile and a beer or two for showing me around.  

Quick noob note...  I made a separate thread like a dumbass that has this same topic posted in it, then found this thread.  

Cheers

I'll probably be riding Brushy at least one mid-morning this week, although if possible I want to try and get a lap in out at LGT as well in prep for DS next week. I'll send you a PM.

I rode Double Down in both directions yesterday afternoon and this morning and it was fine, albeit with some slick rocks. I didn't ride anything else out there though, and suspect it is probably quite wet in spots. If it doesn't rain too much today or tomorrow, I think it will be fine at least on Wed.    

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 1:00 PM, throet said:

I'll probably be riding Brushy at least one mid-morning this week, although if possible I want to try and get a lap in out at LGT as well in prep for DS next week. I'll send you a PM.

I rode Double Down in both directions yesterday afternoon and this morning and it was fine, albeit with some slick rocks. I didn't ride anything else out there though, and suspect it is probably quite wet in spots. If it doesn't rain too much today or tomorrow, I think it will be fine at least on Wed.    

I'll have to check my rain gauge but I think we got about a 1/2" near brushy last night and today.  I'm hoping it's dry on Sat. when I finally have a chance to ride.  If you see a goober on a bright green bike wearing a bunch of pads say hi.

3 hours ago, throet said:

What a spectacular day today! I'm going to be heading out to ride around 2pm and hope to find most of the trails in good shape. 

I look forward to your report! If conditions are good, I may try to get a night ride in!