IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

On 4/9/2021 at 2:59 PM, AntonioGG said:

Wow!  I'm not over 100, maybe over 50. I've started doing steri-strips on my own.  I have a staple gun but I've yet to use it.  I used to ride Greyhound buses while in college, sat next to a ranch hand once who traveled with his own staple gun. Made sense.  No more waiting 3 hours in ER, no $1200 bill to insurance for 1 drop of super glue (kid you not).

Last set of stitches scenario 3 or 4 years ago-

Lighting hits backyard, smells like something is burning (duh), step outside to inspect, immediately step on a piece of glass.  Turns out my string lights now ceased to exist.

Wife says oh just put strips on it.. I say (with experience) no to big off to ER.  ER Doc says we are going to use an portable Xray and check for glass but lets numb this up first.  While numbing it he pulls out a Nickle size piece of glass.  He offered to glue it but I was headed to beach in 7 days and he thought Stitches would be stronger, gave me the scissors to pull out the stiches just before I went on the beach.

*Side note this is the visit where I learned that "burnout" the effects of novocaine .  I got two stitches in some serious discomfort when the Dr realized I could feel it more than I should.  He offered to finish (7 more stitches) quickly or move to lidocaine which is going to burn again and more.  I took one more stich and then opted for the lidocaine.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Taco Man said:

Last set of stitches scenario 3 or 4 years ago-

Lighting hits backyard, smells like something is burning (duh), step outside to inspect, immediately step on a piece of glass.  Turns out my string lights now ceased to exist.

Wife says oh just put strips on it.. I say (with experience) no to big off to ER.  ER Doc says we are going to use an portable Xray and check for glass but lets numb this up first.  While numbing it he pulls out a Nickle size piece of glass.  He offered to glue it but I was headed to beach in 7 days and he thought Stitches would be stronger, gave me the scissors to pull out the stiches just before I went on the beach.

*Side note this is the visit where I learned that "burnout" the effects of novocaine .  I got two stitches in some serious discomfort when the Dr realized I could feel it more than I should.  He offered to finish (7 more stitches) quickly or move to lidocaine which is going to burn again and more.  I took one more stich and then opted for the lidocaine.

Good Dr. you got to give you the stitch instead of glue. For the one in which I got glue I asked the dr for a stitch since I had a race coming up and didn’t want to miss it.  So instead I get drop of glue and a splint.  I was furious!

Just had my most adventurous ride of the year, but the excitement didn't start until I was in the bike lane at the traffic light waiting to cross S. Bell in front of the YMCA. A car was stopped immediately to my left waiting to turn left, as I was waiting to go straight thru to Little Elm. Then out of nowhere two law enforcement SUVs with lights flashing pull in front of and to the left of the car next to me, blocking him in, i.e. his only escape route was where I was at on my bike The driver, who was apparently being apprehended, puts it in reverse and then squeezes between me and one of the cop cars. He headed south on Bell towards Avery with the cops in hot pursuit. It all happened so fast, but afterwards I'm thinking, that could have ended badly for me. Kicking back with a cold one now!     

• Confused 5
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Glad you're alright!

Yeah my wife told me there was a lockdown order for NW Austin earlier due to a domestic violence incident near the Arboretum. No reason to believe this was related, but it does make you wonder! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, throet said:

Yeah my wife told me there was a lockdown order for NW Austin earlier due to a domestic violence incident near the Arboretum. No reason to believe this was related, but it does make you wonder! 

Three people killed in that incident I believe. Scary stuff.

Well I guess the log gave way or someone screwed with it. Rain in the forecast tomorrow, but I’ll reseat it properly Sunday or Monday. Also noticed a lot of face slappers still present, mostly on Double Down, from trees shifting which need to be addressed. 
1A9D8C60-FF73-43F9-95C1-A85ED3C7D0B5.thumb.jpeg.73aefc87ccce0031666e83c8b7d9d4b6.jpeg
Is it really worth putting back? When it was covered with dirt it was a small kicker but in its current form it serves no purpose IMO

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Is it really worth putting back? When it was covered with dirt it was a small kicker but in its current form it serves no purpose IMO

I always give it a little pop when I go over it.  It never occurred to me that I'm getting less air because it's smaller now.  I just assumed I suck.  I guess both could be true too 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I always give it a little pop when I go over it.  It never occurred to me that I'm getting less air because it's smaller now.  I just assumed I suck.  I guess both could be true too [emoji848]
Werd. Traveling E to W its no big deal and can still "pop" off it I guess. But W to E it's just a speed bump. I don't care either way if stays or goes. Just offering my 2 cents. When I first built it I didn't know much about trail building and would do it way differently today to make it last longer.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Werd. Traveling E to W its no big deal and can still "pop" off it I guess. But W to E it's just a speed bump. I don't care either way if stays or goes. Just offering my 2 cents. When I first built it I didn't know much about trail building and would do it way differently today to make it last longer.

It is almost 10 years old 😄

It's not much of a loss though...it was one of those 'silly' things we did in the beginning. 

Edited by rugger
  • Like 2

It is almost 10 years old [emoji1]
It's not much of a loss though...it was one of those 'silly' things we did in the beginning. 

That ‘silly’ thing has provided more than a few smiles and, at least perceived, airtime. It has served well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1