IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

3 hours ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Latest update...

1/4 - GTG. Note that this trail has low hanging trees that will be cleaned up tomorrow.
Double Down - GTG
Bob Ross - GTG 
Rim - GTG 
Snail - GTG - Still slick, but will be better later this afternoon 
Picnic - too soft. Recommended to hold off on riding until late afternoon/tomorrow
Mulligan - Slop city. Don’t around don’t drown
Peddlers - closed. Do not ride. 
Snow White - GTG. Sloppy creek crossing. 
Gumdrop - Sloppy, do not ride

Nothing is primo yet and some standing water exists, but zero to minimal dirt pickup. Use caution on limestone surfaces due to moisture.

That was a freakin humid 10 mile run this morning to check the trails. Blah. 

Can attest - rode Snail, Rim, and DD mid-morning and it was near primo. Humidity was bad but overall it was really pleasant with overcast skies and mild temps. 

I'm working all day tomorrow, but if there is additional limb trimming needed over the weekend, give me a hollar.  

Edited by throet

3 hours ago, GreenMTBrider said:

None. Bill and I were just out here doing some trim work. 

Get out here now before the real storms come in. 

Thank you for saving me from either a road ride or a trainer ride!  It actually cooled a bit while I was riding and some of the clouds cleared out.  It was still super humid.  I started strong then quickly faded away, but still had a blast.

https://www.strava.com/activities/5373913489

• Like 2

3 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Pics? Or descriptions of what they look like and on what.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I saw them Thursday. They were chalk on the ground. This last rain should wash them away. I assumed something to do with little Bella's.

I saw them Thursday. They were chalk on the ground. This last rain should wash them away. I assumed something to do with little Bella's.

There is a running group called Hashers or something that does this as well.

Sound like this....?

At a hash, one or more members ("hares") lay a trail, which is then followed by the remainder of the group (the "pack" or "hounds"). Sawdust, flour, or chalk are usually used to mark the trail. The trail periodically ends at a "check," The pack must find where it begins again; often, the trail includes false trails, short cuts, dead ends, check backs, and splits. These features are designed to keep the pack together despite differences in fitness level or running speed, as front-runners are forced to slow down to find the "true" trail, allowing stragglers to catch up.

Members sometimes describe their group as "a drinking club with a running problem," indicating that the social element of an event is as important, if not more so than any athleticism involved. Beer remains an integral part of a hash. However, the balance between running and drinking differs between chapters, with some groups placing more focusing more on socializing and others on running.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I wish I'd taken some pictures.  I saw marks in different colors, circles, exes. All in the dirt and all on their way to disappearing completely.  This looked like chalk paint and not powder.  In the past Hashers had used flour and/or chalk powder IIRC but it could be them.

• Like 1

*Update - About to get some rain. Trails will be rechecked tomorrow morning* 

#brushycreek report! 

1/4 Notch - GTG. Muddy low spot 1.3 miles from east entrance. 

Double Down - GTG

Picnic - GTG. Some standing water/muddy low spots that’ll take time to dry. Ride through not around. 

Mulligan - Needs more time. 

Peddlers - Closed

Will check other trails tomorrow. Memorial Day is looking good 😎😎😎

Edited by GreenMTBrider
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got a shower last night and a brief one moments ago while I was out checking the trails. Things will be really slick right now, so an afternoon ride may be a better option today. 

Latest update…

1/4 - GTG
DD -  GTG 
Picnic - GTG. Downed tree
Bob Ross - GTG
Rim - GTG
Snail - GTG
Gumdrop - muddy. DNR
Snowwhite - GTG
Suburban Ninja - muddy. Needs another day 

Wet low spots exist, but if it’s reported above there is zero trails minimal dirt pickup

Edited by GreenMTBrider

5 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Still too wet. I rode the east end of DD with no pickup but it’s slicker than whale dicks. Went to the east entrance of quarter and it was real mushy. 

Thank you for posting this.  I was thinking that 1/4 was probably okay but will do some bike maintenance instead.  Hopefully no rain tonight/tomorrow so hopefully something other than the path will be rideable.  I know wishful thinking.  

• Like 1