IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Who is responsible for upkeep on ankle biter? From the drop in (E-w) it’s in pretty bad shape with the bridge missing again and a few low hanging trees. 

I would go out there and trim but I don’t want to get in trouble. 

21 minutes ago, Rdmtb said:

Who is responsible for upkeep on ankle biter? From the drop in (E-w) it’s in pretty bad shape with the bridge missing again and a few low hanging trees. 

I would go out there and trim but I don’t want to get in trouble. 

It’s not technically a sanctioned trail so no one. A few of us go out there when we can to take care of issues. Speaking of which…

Greg Steven’s and I just opened Gumdrop (ankle biter isnt the “official” name) back up. Chainsaw battery was running out of energy and so was I, but it’s at least rideable now. Couldn’t find bridge so we’ll have to tackle that later. 

Edited by GreenMTBrider
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, TAF said:

Salida, CO - but definitely missed the window to build, have to wait for material and labor costs to drop down.

Only spent a day in Salida but it seemed pretty nice and chill. Great location, too. Headed to Buena Vista this Sept. Love that area of CO but I see it growing fast as hell in large part from us Texans. 

I’m ultimately hoping to find something somewhere that looks like a plain jane single story house from the road but has a National Forest view from the deck out back, and I’ll be patient and deliberate about it. Getting that raise is going to be necessary first, however. Divorce be expensive. Roughly 1,825 days.  

5 minutes ago, Morealice said:

I’m ultimately hoping to find something somewhere that looks like a plain jane single story house from the road but has a National Forest view from the deck out back, and I’ll be patient and deliberate about it. Getting that raise is going to be necessary first, however. Divorce be expensive. Roughly 1,825 days.  

Pretty sure somewhere along the entire Continental Divide, you will find that property. I don't think Texans have filled up Wyoming and Montana yet.

4 hours ago, TAF said:

Salida, CO - but definitely missed the window to build, have to wait for material and labor costs to drop down.

I've got a buddy who spends his summers in Salida. Pretty awesome little town. Great mtbing and rafting or kayaking.

11 hours ago, Morealice said:

and never ever live in this kind of uncomfortable heat and exponentially growing congestion ever again. 

Was just talking to my neighbor who was born here in the early 60s when he said the population was 50,000.

I've only been here since '91 and the vibe is long gone.

We just got back from Colorado and Utah and I found I can handle altitude better than this humidity. You might consider looking around Boulder, UT although I don't know what land costs are like.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hugh said:

I've got a buddy who spends his summers in Salida. Pretty awesome little town. Great mtbing and rafting or kayaking.

I typically spend my summers in Salida! This one‘s been a little different, but I hope to head up there soon.

On 6/15/2021 at 10:04 PM, Cafeend said:

Regardless of the warmer weather I am loving less people on the trails.
Last few rides have been nice and the trails are not overrun and crowded with Jerry's

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Speaking of Jerrys... Does anyone have the Jerry of the Day post of that kid eating shit on Cru Jones?  I think they only posted it on Facebook.

• Haha 1

Speaking of Jerrys... Does anyone have the Jerry of the Day post of that kid eating shit on Cru Jones?  I think they only posted it on Facebook.
Jerry of the day is awesome. Old MOJO page has it .. I can search

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I rode from 9-10:45 with no problem handling the heat / humidity, and hardly saw anybody out there except for on Picnic. Rode Snail, Rim, DD, Picnic, and Mulligan. Also ventured up to the top of Dave's Ditch and discovered that the plunge down is dry enough to be safely ridden.

Definitely finding that the key these past few weeks for me is pacing myself, and giving only 90% on features vs. 110%. Max heart rate today was 155, with Avg at 125.  

19 hours ago, TAF said:

Not that fast. I'm not planning on spending $800k on a small two bedroom home.

17 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Was just reading an article about this.  Supply is moving toward meeting demand now and mills are investing in more capacity.

Guess I could have phrased it better - start saving as it may be safe to buy lumber soon.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Was just reading an article about this.  Supply is moving toward meeting demand now and mills are investing in more capacity.

Not sure this is the case.  Hardwood mills that usually cut Poplar in the South are now cutting pine because they can turn it faster.  Now that the pine has dropped 40% off it’s peak in mid-May, will the mills in the South continue to cut pine?

My bet is no, even if you can cut and dry pine faster why would you dry lumber under $1000m when you can dry lumber @ 2000m +?  You wouldn’t, so if current trends continue pine should plateau around 2-3x what it was 12 months ago (educated guess, softwoods are not my specialty).

2 Things really driving this (not Covid):  We (the US) build historically less single family homes in ratio to population growth for 15+ years.  Under building housing for 15 years will eventually lead to a supply issue.  Next, the Fed is fueling this with low interest rates (for now).  Most folks buy a payment not the purchase price of a house.

All of this is a national perspective.  Lots of things at play regionally on supply;  log availability, labor availability (BIG ONE), trucking cost & availability, etc.

Austin has it’s own forces at work, but this what I see from a national perspective.

Cheers,

Shaner

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone lose a GoPro out at Brushy? Much like the tale of Ozymandias, where a person meets another person who saw some stuff out in the desert, I met a person who knows a person who found a GoPro at Brushy. There were a couple pics on it - see below.

205956136_3083955178548736_8416900204734872411_n.jpg

211210202_354794366083068_6259439742013052025_n.jpg