IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

I know a lot of you aren’t on Facebook, but there’s an important request from Todd (Endura Race) related to an attack at brushy creek on a trail runner.  He is looking for anyone that may have been running a GoPro on Friday, July 30 2021 from around 7am-7:55am in the Dave’s ditch, rim or 183a parking area. 

If you don’t have Facebook and have any information I’ll connect you with him. 

Scott

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skyyhorn said:

I know a lot of you aren’t on Facebook, but there’s an important request from Todd (Endura Race) related to an attack at brushy creek on a trail runner.  He is looking for anyone that may have been running a GoPro on Friday, July 30 2021 from around 7am-7:55am in the Dave’s ditch, rim or 183a parking area. 

If you don’t have Facebook and have any information I’ll connect you with him. 

Scott

I did a ride Friday and went right through this area. Came from the far east side of brushy on gravel bike, went north on 183 trail to Whitestone and back down and home. 

I left just before 6am and was back a bit after 7am, so I was passing through there both times before 7am. Of course I don't have a camera/go pro, and don't recall anything out of the ordinary. I'd be happy to talk to Todd if it could be helpful though. 

5 minutes ago, bestbike85 said:

I did a ride Friday and went right through this area. Came from the far east side of brushy on gravel bike, went north on 183 trail to Whitestone and back down and home. 

I left just before 6am and was back a bit after 7am, so I was passing through there both times before 7am. Of course I don't have a camera/go pro, and don't recall anything out of the ordinary. I'd be happy to talk to Todd if it could be helpful though. 

I’ll let him know. I believe he is on this forum, but maybe not as often as some. I’ve told him about your post in case he’d like to speak with you. 

19 minutes ago, Skyyhorn said:

I’ll let him know. I believe he is on this forum, but maybe not as often as some. I’ve told him about your post in case he’d like to speak with you. 

I just took a peek at my Strava Flyby for that ride. I made the turn north onto 183A path from Brushy creek path at 6:17am, then made the turn east from 183A back onto Brushy creek path at 6:42am. 

With that said, there was a larger group of what looks to be roadies that passed right there also coming south down 183A path  turning west onto Brushy creek path at 6:47am. 

From a brief Strava stalk, there were at least 5 riders in this group. Possibly they have something. I am happy to share their names with Todd. 

• Like 3

I’ve been wondering why so many men (usually) smell like cologne out on the hike n bike. I pass so many dudes that smell like Drakkar or Old Spice that are riding or running. Are they hoping to get some ass while they’re out sweating and nasty? 

Am I doing it wrong?

Edited by Morealice
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Morealice said:

I’ve been wondering why so many men (usually) smell like cologne out on the hike n bike. I pass so many dudes that smell like Drakkar or Old Spice that are riding or running. Are they hoping to get some ass while they’re out sweating and nasty? 

I find that the 12 and 24 hour team guys (I call them lappers) also smell like this.   I've always wondered if they shower and spray after every lap?

51 minutes ago, Morealice said:

Am I doing it wrong?

I agree.  I don't want to smell any unnatural scents like perfumes of colognes or hear anything but my bike, conversations, and nature.  Don't play music over speaker.  Put some damn earbuds in!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WhoAmI said:

I agree.  I don't want to smell any unnatural scents like perfumes of colognes or hear anything but my bike, conversations, and nature.  Don't play music over speaker.  Put some damn earbuds in!!!

So much this, and I'll add cigarette smoke 🤢

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, gotdurt said:

So much this, and I'll add cigarette smoke 🤢

I’m don’t know why in the world but I actually LIKE a little cigarette smoke smell. It makes me chuckle when I smell it out on a trail where there is usually cardio type activity occurring. 

I actually saw a dude on a bike stop for a cig on Picnic once. Classic! 

7 minutes ago, Morealice said:

I’m don’t know why in the world but I actually LIKE a little cigarette smoke smell. It makes me chuckle when I smell it out on a trail where there is usually cardio type activity occurring. 

When I was in the military, one of the Marines in my unit would huff and puff, coughing, during the three mile run part of our PFT.  As soon as he crossed the finish line, he would whip a cigarette and lighter out of his sock and light it up, breathing normal again.  Weirdest thing...

23 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

When I was in the military, one of the Marines in my unit would huff and puff, coughing, during the three mile run part of our PFT.  As soon as he crossed the finish line, he would whip a cigarette and lighter out of his sock and light it up, breathing normal again.  Weirdest thing...

The smoke basically stops the cilia from moving mucus up which is what was probably causing him to cough.   A friend that quit told me about this.  I've never smoked but if I had, having seen what one of my friends spit out after some time hiking through the snow would have made me quit.  nasty against the white backdrop.

31 minutes ago, Morealice said:

Weirdo. I can't stand it in just about any occasion, but especially when I am breathing deep and enjoying the semi-fresh suburban park air...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Something I love when I ride is the smells of people cooking. Smells going through the woods as I ride through.
Over by SN behind the Italian place.. smelling the garlic bread type of smell is awesome to me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Riding through that neighborhood between Brushy and SN around 4:30 or 5 pm is a parade of awesome smells. There are a lot of Indian families living in there and the smells from those kitchens are amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree Magnet said:

Riding through that neighborhood between Brushy and SN around 4:30 or 5 pm is a parade of awesome smells. There are a lot of Indian families living in there and the smells from those kitchens are amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! Smells are amazing over there. 

14 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Something I love when I ride is the smells of people cooking. Smells going through the woods as I ride through.
Over by SN behind the Italian place.. smelling the garlic bread type of smell is awesome to me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Riding in my Neighborhood around Dinner Time or Weekends is strong smell of Grills/ Smokers.

1 hour ago, Taco Man said:

Riding in my Neighborhood around Dinner Time or Weekends is strong smell of Grills/ Smokers.

My neighborhood on weekends is like this.  The one the especially gets me is grilled marinated chicken, not the bbq sauce smelling stuff but more like the citrus marinade smell, like Pollo Regio or Pollo Loco.  During the week late morning or early afternoon and it's all sorts of Asian and South Asian food smells.

1 hour ago, Taco Man said:

Before this rain that is about to fall- what are the conditions at Brushy?  I used to get updates from the Twitter account but that seems relatively quiet.  Looking for a Saturday ride on dirt out there, and taking some newer riders on Peddlers.

It’s quiet because I’ve been out of state for the past two weeks. Last I heard Rim, Bob Ross and Deception were good to go. 

• Like 1