IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

1 hour ago, Barry said:

As I understand it, they rode bicycles in the woods at ideal temperatures. So I imagine it was great. 

Just got back from a quick noon run of Mulligan, 1/4, and various Picnic flows. It was pretty great just now as well. 

On a side note, I haven't ridden 1/4 Notch in well over a year(because I keep breaking myself and having surgeries). Did the technical features get more technical or am I just getting old and worse at riding. Seems like erosion has made some things I used to breeze through much more difficult.

54 minutes ago, quixoft said:

On a side note, I haven't ridden 1/4 Notch in well over a year(because I keep breaking myself and having surgeries). Did the technical features get more technical or am I just getting old and worse at riding. Seems like erosion has made some things I used to breeze through much more difficult.

I'm guessing it's just the erosion.  Rode Pace Bend yesterday for the first time in over two years and I couldn't believe how much erosion has taken place there.  So many rocks and so much rougher along many of the singletrack trails.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a couple guys from San Antonio on 1/4 Notch yesterday.  Talked to the guy in the front while he was waiting for him friend.  He's a granite guy and tries to get rides in while he's up here.  First time at Brushy and kept saying how much he liked the trail.  Figured I'd let the guys know who put the work in.  It really is a great place and has made it so I can ride anywhere in the country with no issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, rugger said:

Ninja is 100% NOT ready. Very wet out there. But hey, there is .5 miles NEW along the Boat trail as of 3:30 today. 

image.thumb.png.db48a7c645a0f210a9168ac6dab953fe.png

Can somebody show (or tell) me where this new trail is on the map above? I ride Suburban Ninja almost every week but I don't think Boat Trail is on my normal loop.

1 hour ago, Albert said:

I'd also like to know this, thanks!

Take a left before the "big hill" with the overlook (pretty much only one), The intersection has rocks in the shape of heart on the ground. 

I start many of my ride ON that trail 😉 I cross the creek from the east when I ride from my house, this is basically my backyard. 

image.png.449062945358e465373c74ba7195dd65.png

Edited by rugger

Yep. I manually "replicated" the new segment here in blue. 

It's WAY too wet today - do not ride. I rode only the new segment since it was not exposed dirt at all yet. When SN is good to go, definitely ride the new trail - it needs wheels down. If you ride the boat trail, respect the blockage of the whopping 7 yards of "lost trail". 

image.png.fd90012776a191b40bda0d96225729cd.pngMay be an image of map and text that says 'Ln Trail Red Horn Kati 250 250m 250 260m'

image.thumb.png.50d4ce8eba7343a121645c9691451112.png

• Thanks 1