IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Only had time for a quick ride. Picnic, 1/4 Notch, and Rim are all in great shape. Mulligan was fine except for that one massive mud hole in front of the U-turn, which kind of makes it not even worthwhile. Although I didn't ride Double Down, I'm sure it's fine too. Hard to know what the status of Peddlers is but hopefully somebody else can give a report on that. 

I know they have changed out there. Any suggestions for nice and easy
If I was taking my girl for the 1st time to ride , knowing what I know now, I would take her Walnut. Point 6 comes to mind..windy and flat. Double track trails through the park are easy. The paved path is easy. I would aim that she enjoyed herself and didnt get hurt. Fun and enjoy the day. Resist the urge to show her how awesome you are.
Even easier for a first timer and still not all pavement is Southwest Williamson County Park off Sam Bass. The path there is super easy. Enjoy the beautiful day.. Pack a picnic or take her to Red Horn. Keep her safe and have fun. Brushy isnt going anywhere let her build up to that or this will be the last time she wants to ride with you.
Enjoy.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

even peddlers is probably too hard for a first time rider. When I started riding for the first time since college, I rode on the road around 10 times. Do not underestimate the importance of just getting basic balance. 

I would stick to the BCRT or north/south walnut creek trails

Best trail that I know of for a beginner to learn on is the trail in Sunset Valley. It's a nice mixture of easy flowy singletrack with a few places that have easy to a little difficult (for a beginner) rocky sections and no real rooty sections to speak of. It also has some areas with doubletrack jeep road type trail that gives the beginner a chance to open up their spinning/speed so that they can build some confidence in their riding (having confidence is super important to learningto ride mtb trails... And enjoy doing so). The worse thing to do is take someone on a trail that they need to continually get off their bike and walk. People get on a bike to ride... Take a beginner to places they can ride.

The trail in Sunset Valley will also be uncrowded, which is good for beginners. It also has a few different trail sections that you can approach from different directions. Worked out properly, you'll easily get maybe four miles of riding in. Then there are places you can go eat; and if you want to ride some more there's Dick Nichols Park that's five minutes away, which, if you stay away from certain sections, is also good for a beginner. But I don't think it has the mtb character of Sunset Valley. But together you can get in seven or eight miles of riding that a beginner can handle and would enjoy.

Gonna hit the trails tomorrow for first time in quite some time. Looking forward to seeing the new stuff on Peddlers. Looking forward to barely making it to the bailout East to West on Deception then limping up rim job to definitely spin the BCRT back home. In fact, already looking forward to finishing the ride. 

Has the wooden deal on Gnargasm been tightened up/inspected/made less sketch that we know of? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Morealice said:

Gonna hit the trails tomorrow for first time in quite some time. Looking forward to seeing the new stuff on Peddlers. Looking forward to barely making it to the bailout East to West on Deception then limping up rim job to definitely spin the BCRT back home. In fact, already looking forward to finishing the ride. 

Has the wooden deal on Gnargasm been tightened up/inspected/made less sketch that we know of? 

I went out yesterday, same situation... it didn't go as well as I had envisioned, lol. I cut the short ride I had planned... well, shorter. It also seems I haven't healed as much as I thought had. Text me, maybe I'll try again tomorrow, if I don't have to leave town.

4 hours ago, Morealice said:

I'm heading out now for a ride but probably won't make it as far east as Gnargasm. I suggest avoiding Mulligan until we can somehow fill in that massive mud hole. It wasn't anywhere near dried out a couple of days ago; so I'm really not sure what it's going to take short of filling it in with rocks. Deception, Rim, Picnic, and Snail have all been primo! 

I'm heading out now for a ride but probably won't make it as far east as Gnargasm. I suggest avoiding Mulligan until we can somehow fill in that massive mud hole. It wasn't anywhere near dried out a couple of days ago; so I'm really not sure what it's going to take short of filling it in with rocks. Deception, Rim, Picnic, and Snail have all been primo! 
That area has TONS of 1 to 3 inch rocks. Just need to take buckets and load it in real heavy. I got a newborn so getting out is pretty tough. If someone wants to head this up and get some people together I can at least bring supplies

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk