IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

17 hours ago, RedRider3141 said:

Anyone here at Brushy this afternoon and see the guy riding a quad trying to force his way onto Peddler's Pass?

I wouldn't even expect to see one in the park let alone on PP. I did ride PP yesterday afternoon and didn't see anybody on a quad. I did see a dude on what looked like one of those folding eBikes. He was stopped on PP and talking to somebody on who was on a regular MTB. They both ended up walking their bikes off the trail into the park area. Wasn't sure what was going on there.  

1 hour ago, throet said:

I wouldn't even expect to see one in the park let alone on PP.

I'm not sure how he got to the park but after he left the trail I swear I heard him leave on Brushy Creek Road towards Parmer. After he left the baseball side of the sports park I lost sight of him near the driveway and the. Never saw him on the skatepark side. 

• Like 1

I've never seen the quad guy, but about a month ago I did manage to finally catch a teenager on a dirt bike that had been riding Double Down. Caught up to him the BCRT by a taking shortcut through the trees and popping out in front of him. I grabbed his handle bars and politely told him dirt bikes are not allow. He called me sir and apologized, haven't seen him since.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

I've never seen the quad guy, but about a month ago I did manage to finally catch a teenager on a dirt bike that had been riding Double Down. Caught up to him the BCRT by a taking shortcut through the trees and popping out in front of him. I grabbed his handle bars and politely told him dirt bikes are not allow. He called me sir and apologized, haven't seen him since.

I know that back when 1/4 notch and DD had dirt, someone riding a dirt bike out there had been a thing (MANY yrs ago).  Do you think this was the same guy by any chance?

Edited by CBaron

• 4 weeks later...

Rode a straight line through Suburban Ninja and hit the regional brushy trails yesterday afternoon.   SN was good except for a few damp spots in the shade.  From the regional trails, Deception looked slightly too wet.  I saw a couple coming off of picnic x by the bridge and their tires were tracking mud (not too bad though).

I think the trails will be good this afternoon except for mulligan and maybe peddlers.   I'm planning to ride out there later today.

• Thanks 3

Bob Ross, Rim, and the other new connector where good last night except water running at the top where you drop in from the double track at the end of double down.  New connector had water only in the armored bottom area.  Kudos to the builders who made this section, it flies from west to east.  Much fun!  did not even look at Dave's....

• Like 2

Rode Snail and Double Down this evening and everything was bone dry except for a couple of low spots on DD just east of the PicnicX cutoff. I was pleasantly surprised since I really didn't know how much rain came through in the early AM hours. It was nice being out with not another soul in sight. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Went out for an evening ride yesterday thinking I would find wet trails since my house that is a mile from the YMCA got a good drenching in the morning. Instead, it appeared that no rain fell at all on Snail, Rim, Picnic, DD, or 1/4. I was pleasantly surprised and had a great ride. Solid breeze made up for the hot / humid temps. Something about the west end of 1/4 Notch though. Just like last year, I was relentlessly pursued by a hungry horsefly on that stretch of trail. Definitely motivation to ride faster, but those things are incredibly annoying.  

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Anyone with eyes on the trail this morning after last night’s rain?

17 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Didn’t rain too much here. Yard by quarter was wet but dirt was gtg 

Get your ride in soon, this afternoon will be wet.

image.png.a12f7d1208ef81ae6e2c4cbc6ba52681.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, chuckt said:

I agree, from what I could tell, it had been smoldering for quite a while. The coals were pretty deep in places.
I wonder if anyone saw any kids hanging around the area yesterday?

Idiot kids is a slightly preferable option to malicious arsonists. Although that's not mutually exclusive either.

• Like 1