IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

38 minutes ago, Barry said:

That was probably me. Not really a cross bike, or even a monstercross. It's a fat bike set up with 29er wheels and a drop bar. I call it a monstertour. And it's black and was there last night from dusk to about 7.

Same bike you were riding at WC?  I don't remember it having drop bars.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Morealice said:

When we built this thing I was picturing having it to ourselves. Wtf? Nah, it’s cool to see cars and trucks in the area with bikes on the back headed to the Sports Park. Kinda crazy really. 

Had a nice nostalgic ride yesterday. Temps were unreal and dirt was choice.  Somehow I managed to ride pretty slowly but keep nice flow AND have alot of fun.  I was remembering things like the days when all we had were loppers and garden hoes. Lol. That’s the first maybe .5 to .67 miles or so of East Deception...the skinny single track...then the McLeods arrived.

That's the kind of nostalgic story telling Brian was looking for this morning... Eric could only tell his side, then talk crap about you to balance it out, haha 😆 I tried to defend you, but I wasn't part of the interview...

• Haha 1

That was probably me. Not really a cross bike, or even a monstercross. It's a fat bike set up with 29er wheels and a drop bar. I call it a monstertour. And it's black and was there last night from dusk to about 7.
I think I let you go by me over by the water. I had a blue SS last night.

I rode a borrowed Kona with drop bars a few yrs ago when I was between bikes. It was so much fun. They guy who owned it painted it brown and called it dirty poo.
It was a blast out there.

Man if that was you..you were killing it brother

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cafeend said:

I think I let you go by me over by the water. I had a blue SS last night.

I rode a borrowed Kona with drop bars a few yrs ago when I was between bikes. It was so much fun. They guy who owned it painted it brown and called it dirty poo.
It was a blast out there.

Man if that was you..you were killing it brother

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Yep.  Barry's fast.  I tried to follow him at WC when this bike was setup as SS with a flat bar. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gotdurt said:

That's the kind of nostalgic story telling Brian was looking for this morning... Eric could only tell his side, then talk crap about you to balance it out, haha 😆 I tried to defend you, but I wasn't part of the interview...

I’m sure Erica talked about how much he loves gnar and how much I like lycra. Lol. It’s all true! Those were great times though. Admittedly, I built that (helped build) trail for me and me alone. I can’t lie. Seeing others enjoy it is now a side bonus. I was so selfish and short-sighted then. I was starving. Yesterday I saw all the cheater lines, muttered the word “pussies” but just kept riding. I’m humbled by people like ronan(sp) and josh and all the others I’m failing to mention who have done nothing but help keep things sick. It has grown to be something of which I know we’re all proud. Long live the trail!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

It was a short storm last night, but really heavy rain (including some hail). I would be very surprised if the trails were in riding conditions this am.

Thanks, that’s what I was thinking, may roll the regional trail or (I’m getting sick of doing this) jump on the road bike😢

29 minutes ago, Skyyhorn said:

Just walked up from the sports park to peddlers west and there is standing water in the roller section. With that being said, the soil didn’t look as soft as I expected so the trails may dry quickly. I’ll see what tomorrow brings. 

I’m shooting for a 2pm roll from crib. Gives it as much time as possible for a 3hr ride. Windy too so hoping that helps.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Morealice said:

I’m shooting for a 2pm roll from crib. Gives it as much time as possible for a 3hr ride. Windy too so hoping that helps.

I rode Deception W-E and was on the look out for a lycra-clad, eightball-looking dude on a black Troy. Must have missed you! It was fabulous out there. Scored a PR on Deception without even trying, and also while dodging quite a bit of oncoming traffic. I'm going back out tomorrow afternoon for sure. 

• Like 3