IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Is anyone able to get up Chainless nowadays (W to E)?  It's almost unrecognizable in this video.  I sessioned all the harder lines on the east end of DD today and I couldn't even get close on that one.  The run up is just so eroded now.

Hardly anything in that video is recognizable, and it's been a year since my last ride there, so I bet it's even worse now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Is anyone able to get up Chainless nowadays (W to E)?  It's almost unrecognizable in this video.  I sessioned all the harder lines on the east end of DD today and I couldn't even get close on that one.  The run up is just so eroded now.

What is the time stamp for “chainless” in the video? I’m really bad with the feature names. 

21 minutes ago, WLemke said:

What is the time stamp for “chainless” in the video? I’m really bad with the feature names. 

Chainless isn't a feature, more of a sections of trail (an there is a subtitle "Chainless" - in the video and he's embedded it with the timestamp - so it should start on Chainless. The most notable portion is when it 90 downhill, off camber on a slab at the end. I assume the reference is riding it W to E (opposite of the video). Making that 90 uphill that is tough to ride...though the very top before the Cradle has always been tough. Hell, I built that shite I haven't have ridden all of DD in quite a while. 

4 minutes ago, rugger said:

Chainless isn't a feature, more of a sections of trail (an there is a subtitle "Chainless" - in the video and he's embedded it with the timestamp - so it should start on Chainless. The most notable portion is when it 90 downhill, off camber on a slab at the end. I assume the reference is riding it W to E (opposite of the video). Making that 90 uphill that is tough to ride...though the very top before the Cradle has always been tough. Hell, I built that shite I haven't have ridden all of DD in quite a while. 

Geeze. I didn’t click on the video link before posting. Don’t I look stupid. Thanks. 

57 minutes ago, rugger said:

Correct.  The timestamp for the actual feature is 2:52, but going in the opposite direction.  I got it a couple times a year or two ago, but I can barely even get my front wheel on the top now.

So the Chainless section - specifically before the Cradle was earmarked for significant rework - YEARS ago. Josh and I knew it was getting bad and would need work soon. Since I am no longer the steward and not planning to work out there... you can give feedback to Logan. There is some room for a slight reroute, but I think that eroded area could be "built up and armored". I thought it might also be a neat place for wood. 

I've always thought a wood option at Truth or Dare would be cool too. 

Edited by rugger
  • Like 1

I'll take a look at this this weekend and report back here. I'll need help whether we decide to do a slight reroute, rework, or build a small wood feature. Besides Saturday long runs, my weekend schedules are looking good, so we could get a group of us to tackle this soon. There are other areas that are also needing attention. 

Truth or dare. Anyone remember when someone moved the diving board rock? What a PITA. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 1:03 PM, GreenMTBrider said:

Heard SN is still too wet. 

Yep, just a tad. We didn't walk everything, but we replaced the first and middle bridges, so at least you can access all the trails. The big span bridge added for the race series will need a while to be replaced, and the low water crossing on TLC is only a frame, no decking, but a decent MTBer can manage it. I imagine there will be a few more trees down along the trail, today our focus was on the bridges. 

• Like 1

For those of you that don’t use the book, here is my DD update. 

Good news and bad news. 

Good News: Double Down at #brushycreek is just about gtg. Do note that I did not check any other trails. Only DD. There was barely any pick up on my tires and the soft spots that typically hang around long after the rain were getting close to being tacky. 

Bad news: The immense amount of rain has eroded sections of the trail severely. There are sections where loose rocks have piled up and other section where the rocks have been washed away. Be very careful the next time you ride as the loose rock piles are typically at the bottom of a fast downhill section and will washout your front tire if you are not prepared for it. 

Even worse news: With the impending rain we will be getting tomorrow, you may not get a chance to ride before it’s too wet again. 

In general, brushy took a beating. Even on the YMCA side there are rocks and mud littering the concrete trail.EA610BE9-DA25-4F32-838C-ABAADE5C007B.thumb.jpeg.6bccf1a67896840e903e3833929f8bb5.jpegA064CB9B-F64F-4BDA-BD35-782C0806B5EC.thumb.jpeg.80caac94826b4c241a9a6426b4c749e1.jpeg8567218E-966D-4581-8172-2F50DDDCD78D.thumb.jpeg.6bd1d08ec56b772cdc12916c2610a043.jpegB7A7843C-3B86-4191-B7D1-275603008FAF.thumb.jpeg.28e441c3422b8933469a5236a8d6e8e0.jpegC698FD62-9DEA-4D26-B93F-0F4FA8F26650.thumb.jpeg.1a7a248411bd3b0704fb289ce49020a8.jpeg

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Any chance that trails have dried out? At least 1/4 and DD?

I’m planning on hitting up brushy around 4-5pm today. If we don’t get an update before then, I’ll post up what I find. 

Judging by how wet my backyard is, even in the exposed areas, I’m not going to get my hopes up. 

Edited by WLemke
  • Thanks 1