IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Alright. 

Snail: Nope. Needs at least a full 24 hours. 

Bob Ross: surprisingly gtg

DD: I’m currently at the picnic bail out and started from the west entrance. Idk if I should call it gtg but it does seem almost there. I’ll update as I continue west. 

tire pic after DD. DCD0129C-FC02-4332-84C1-1369078E6855.thumb.jpeg.d35c63ab2f15c138376ff0f0d963e762.jpeg

Edited by WLemke
  • Like 1

DD from picnic to 1/4 is about the same. I’m still hesitant to call it gtg but I think it could start taking regular traffic tomorrow morning. 

ok. Heading into 1/4 but I don’t have time to ride the whole thing. I’ll get as far as I feel comfortable and/or run out of time. 

Alright. I got about a mile into 1/4 before I needed to turn around to pick up the wife from the YMCA. I didn’t hate it. Super muddy in the low spots but that is fairly normal. Thinking it may be ready for regular traffic in the morning as well but I’d appreciate a second opinion if anyone else can get out there. The big question mark is how does the east entrance look?

I hopped onto picnic and headed west from the 1/4 notch bail out. It was also gtg but like many trails, it got beat up. There was a large tree that fell across the trail. 6CCCA26B-2349-457C-B718-B260EA85BA26.thumb.jpeg.e60baecdb444b90e34c0df0d691bd040.jpeg

Edited by WLemke

On 9/2/2022 at 6:05 PM, WLemke said:

Alright. I got about a mile into 1/4 before I needed to turn around to pick up the wife from the YMCA. I didn’t hate it. Super muddy in the low spots but that is fairly normal. Thinking it may be ready for regular traffic in the morning as well but I’d appreciate a second opinion if anyone else can get out there. The big question mark is how does the east entrance look?

I hopped onto picnic and headed west from the 1/4 notch bail out. It was also gtg but like many trails, it got beat up. There was a large tree that fell across the trail. 6CCCA26B-2349-457C-B718-B260EA85BA26.thumb.jpeg.e60baecdb444b90e34c0df0d691bd040.jpeg

Tree has been removed. Several others removed also. For sure not ready for tires. Please keep off 

• Like 1

Picnic: Gtg. However, be very careful on drops. I know for sure that the drop going east on upper picnic just west of basket has some pretty thick rubble from the storm. If u hit it, make sure to give a little pop before going off to avoid. 

1/4: gtg, normal muddy low spots but otherwise dry

DD: I didn’t hit this but suspect the same as 1/4

rim: gtg but the entrance at the drainage ditch near 183A is incredibly washed out. 

bowl: probably too wet still

bob Ross: assume is gtg but didn’t ride

• Like 1

I slowly rode peddlers just now and it’s almost ready. East side was good other than a soft spot or two near the rollers. West side had a section I walked as I would have created ruts had it rode through. I’ve left the chain up for now. The west side exit to parmer needs some debris and trash cleanup. I’ll be on the west side tomorrow (Saturday) at 9am for debris and trash clean up if anyone wants to join. There will be a more structured work day posted with more notice to weed wack and dig out the water catch areas. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, RedRider3141 said:

Both sides of Parmer are one way. 

Thanks. I wanted to be sure because I ran into a couple while riding yesterday and kindly told them as I past that they were riding the wrong way. Dude immediately was mad and said, “There’s no signs and you aren’t the trail boss.” I stopped and tried to explain that most people ride it one diection, but he still wasn’t having it. I told him to have a nice ride and kept on my way. He is right that there aren’t any directional signs on the west side. If I could help with that, I would be more than happy to. Who would I talk to? Or can I just get some made and post them up?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, brokenrazor said:

Thanks. I wanted to be sure because I ran into a couple while riding yesterday and kindly told them as I past that they were riding the wrong way. Dude immediately was mad and said, “There’s no signs and you aren’t the trail boss.” 

Just once I would hope it was @HoneyBadger having this interaction so he could reply with, “well actually…”

Red to print some of these out:

E980914F-320F-488D-A03C-ECA3108FD4A4.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, 4fun said:

Not sure how much rain we got last night. Anyone know if trails will be rideable this afternoon?

Almost 0. We got a few sprinkles at around 1:30am, quickly dried. 

Unfortunately I’m not in town or I’d get a ride in to confirm, but rain gauges in the area show zero and my front camera shows just what I mentioned above. 

• Like 1