IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Just got done with a quick ride why my kids were napping. snail, rim and double down, west half of picnic were GTG! For the temperatures being perfect, was surprised to only see two other riders on the trail. Passed quite a few trail runners though.

Haha. What’s 1/4 Notch? I only know of Deception and associated trails. Every single time I ride and see that sign I am reminded of how dumb that name is; however, it apparently had to be renamed. I mean, when I jokingly suggested “Deception” to Rugger, I didn’t expect it to stick. Also, what’s wrong with “RimJob”...I don’t get it! 

1 hour ago, HoneyBadger said:

I fixed it this afternoon.

Cool, how'd you do it? I stopped and pondered possible solutions, but didn't really see anywhere to easily drain to since it's so flat... I was actually thinking like a small retention pond-like area between tracks for each set of rollers that would be dug deeper than the roller troughs, and drain to that...

Edited by gotdurt

Why is "Quarter Notch" called "Quarter Notch"?

Well you see it's a long historied tale as old as the ages themselves. It involves haters and people who just dont give a f**k. Legend has it that it was named Quater Notch out of spite for the hate received whilst under construction from one particular hater. Thos hater was also a self proclaimed bad ass. And whenever one would say WOW Deception is hard and techy...said hater would chime in with "it's only a 1/4 notch more effort than Walnut".

So when the overlords in power put down the hammer and said no trail in their lands would be named Deception we had to come up with something else. It had to be split in 2 segments since one half is clearly harder than the other. Now Deception was an unbeatable name. So what does one who does not give a f**k do when forced to take away an awesome name? You name it something ridiculous stupid and rooted in spite. Therefore the easier part of Deception was henceforth to be known as QUARTER NOTCH

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Did ya'll see the Cedar Park Parks work that looks to be putting a concrete trail in through parts of Peddlers Pass?

Page 152

https://meetings.municode.com/d/f?u=https://agendapalncus.blob.core.windows.net/cptx-pubu/MEET-Packet-154226a8dc6d40019facfdc106317bfe.pdf&n=AgendaPacket-11.08.18 City Council Meeting (Amended)-November 8, 2018 6.00 PM.pdf

Edited by Dirtnap

7 hours ago, Dirtnap said:

Somewhere buried in this thread, or possibly even the mojo thread, the trail steward (honey badger ) mentioned this was going to happen. I asked him at the trail work day this past Sunday about it and he pointed out the orange ribbons on peddlers east as part of that project. It was also mentioned that he would re-evaluate the trail after it’s done, but also expects the concrete to be lightly used and in an area with high visibility so if peddlers does cross bikers will be able to see anyone on the concrete. 

- Scott 

14 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Well you see it's a long historied tale as old as the ages themselves. It involves haters and people who just dont give a f**k. Legend has it that it was named Quater Notch out of spite for the hate received whilst under construction from one particular hater. Thos hater was also a self proclaimed bad ass. And whenever one would say WOW Deception is hard and techy...said hater would chime in with "it's only a 1/4 notch more effort than Walnut".

So when the overlords in power put down the hammer and said no trail in their lands would be named Deception we had to come up with something else. It had to be split in 2 segments since one half is clearly harder than the other. Now Deception was an unbeatable name. So what does one who does not give a f**k do when forced to take away an awesome name? You name it something ridiculous stupid and rooted in spite. Therefore the easier part of Deception was henceforth to be known as QUARTER NOTCH

Remind me never to ask about Gnargasm...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, gotdurt said:

Cool, how'd you do it? I stopped and pondered possible solutions, but didn't really see anywhere to easily drain to since it's so flat... I was actually thinking like a small retention pond-like area between tracks for each set of rollers that would be dug deeper than the roller troughs, and drain to that...

It was a temp fix. I got a shovel and scooped all the water out. Then scraped out the wettest dirt. Next, I smacked the surface with a shovel to get more water to rise to the surface and scooped that out. It does need a pond next to it, but i'm not doing that anytime soon. Or, it needs to stop raining so much. 

20 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

So maybe I am dense but where exactly did yall meet? I went out and ended up driving around but saw no one. 

Ended up riding but wanted to get dirty from work.

We were on the brushy creek park side (with the splash pad) working east of peddlers east. We were being pretty loud with the weed eater and leaf blower, but maybe not loud enough. We then worked further east towards the parking lot entrance.