IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

18 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

1020382606_NewendtoPeddlersPassmissedpart.thumb.png.7de0da381df4b492fc5dcb1dee816fa2.png 1st yellow circle. If you miss it you will get to a log blocking the existing trail by the labyrinth, stop, turn around, and go back +/- 100 feet and look for the new stuff (now on your left).

There's a second crossing of this existing trail indicated by the second yellow circle, just go straight over the existing trail.

There's a third crossing of the existing trail indicated by the third yellow circle, Turn left onto the existing trail, ride for about 75 feet then turn left and it will lead you back to the original end of Peddlers Pass

New end to Peddlers Pass missed part.png

• Like 2

Finally got out and checked out all of these changes everybody's been talking about. I really need to get over to Candyland more often - love that stuff over there. Wish there was a way to tie Caddyshack in more easily - that's a really fun little out-and-back. Only downside today was coming across a guy riding Picnic on an eBike and dealing with the rocks that somebody keeps piling up at the bottom Dave's Glitch. For me the Glitch is all about the line. There's very little margin for error, but if you get the line right, it rides like any other g-out. Of course the line is different depending on which direction you're going. Wish folks would quit messing with it. 

Finally got out and checked out all of these changes everybody's been talking about. I really need to get over to Candyland more often - love that stuff over there. Wish there was a way to tie Caddyshack in more easily - that's a really fun little out-and-back. Only downside today was coming across a guy riding Picnic on an eBike and dealing with the rocks that somebody keeps piling up at the bottom Dave's Glitch. For me the Glitch is all about the line. There's very little margin for error, but if you get the line right, it rides like any other g-out. Of course the line is different depending on which direction you're going. Wish folks would quit messing with it. 

There is a route over to bcrt so you dont HAVE to do an out n back. PM for details if interested .

I wonder who is doing the rock piles on Glitch. Rider or runner.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Man. Best ride of 2018 so far Sunday. Weather. Shiiiit. Dirt. Shiiiiiittttttt. Just. So good. 

I rode all the trails from my apartment. Don’t hate. It’s a long ride for me, especially if I’m going for flow.

My mantra the entire ride was: “Paper Cranks”...my friend once told me to act like my cranks were made of paper. It was amazing. I was staying on top of my gear and the power was there when I needed. 

Old school type ride. I dabbed Squeeze Play (east to west) and rode it two more times before making it. I used to never miss that one. Trail channnnge. I take a diff line up now. 

Fuckin had a CLASSIC self-doubt moment on EBD. I grabbed a tree at the flat just before the ledge. I charged it and got all the way up and unclipped in a moment of doubt. Dabbed forward, clipped back in and yelled, “Fuck! Almost! Next Time!”

After Snail Trail, I merged with what looked like to me a high school mtb team entering Daves Ditch from BCRT. They peeled immediately left and up and I kept rolling up the ditch to my preferred bail about 2/3 way up....real punchy techy climb to beginning of Rim Job. 

Bombed Rimjob and Picnic X and Picnic out...practiced wheelies all the way across the dam and then ate a bar and rode home. 

Man. That was awesome. Oh, rode the new Peddlers stuff. I started to think, “That could use a berm”....but then I remembered who’s building that shit. Lol.

• Like 2

Had a  really nice Xmas Eve ride yesterday afternoon - never saw another rider on the trail. On the east end of Deception a red and grey fox darted across the trail in front of me. First time seeing one out there. It was limping but still moving swiftly. Very cool to see and might explain why the rabbit numbers have been on the decline. 

• Like 2

Man. Best ride of 2018 so far Sunday. Weather. Shiiiit. Dirt. Shiiiiiittttttt. Just. So good. 
I rode all the trails from my apartment. Don’t hate. It’s a long ride for me, especially if I’m going for flow.
My mantra the entire ride was: “Paper Cranks”...my friend once told me to act like my cranks were made of paper. It was amazing. I was staying on top of my gear and the power was there when I needed. 
Old school type ride. I dabbed Squeeze Play (east to west) and rode it two more times before making it. I used to never miss that one. Trail channnnge. I take a diff line up now. 
Fuckin had a CLASSIC self-doubt moment on EBD. I grabbed a tree at the flat just before the ledge. I charged it and got all the way up and unclipped in a moment of doubt. Dabbed forward, clipped back in and yelled, “Fuck! Almost! Next Time!”
After Snail Trail, I merged with what looked like to me a high school mtb team entering Daves Ditch from BCRT. They peeled immediately left and up and I kept rolling up the ditch to my preferred bail about 2/3 way up....real punchy techy climb to beginning of Rim Job. 
Bombed Rimjob and Picnic X and Picnic out...practiced wheelies all the way across the dam and then ate a bar and rode home. 
Man. That was awesome. Oh, rode the new Peddlers stuff. I started to think, “That could use a berm”....but then I remembered who’s building that shit. Lol.

Had a similar great ride Sunday.. saw the high school group on D and one other dude in spandex on a Devinci going w-e.

Was feeling a little too good.. speeds got high, clipped a tree and kissed rocks. LOL.

Wife sutured me up because urgent care don’t mess with lips.

159276291a9902178437a8ed95de456e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ganderson said:

Had a similar great ride Sunday.. saw the high school group on D and one other dude in spandex on a Devinci going w-e.

Was feeling a little too good.. speeds got high, clipped a tree and kissed rocks. LOL.

Wife sutured me up because urgent care don’t mess with lips.

159276291a9902178437a8ed95de456e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ouch! And the loser in spandex on the Devinci was most likely me! Red roadie spandex jacket. Roadie helmet, lol. 

Edit: if you saw the dweeb on the Devinci on Deception proper going W-E, not me. I don’t have enough fitness yet to run D both directions AND do all other trails and ride home. 

Both of those riding accessories were given to me free as hand me downs. I only ride the freshest gear. 😕

Edited by Morealice
Your mom

Got out this morning for a yuletide ride thinking I would beat the rain but the mist and fog made for some really slick rocks. Still, rode Picnic in both directions along with 2 laps on Peddlers. Grateful for my 4th ride in as many days. I actually love riding Peddlers when the rocks are slick. Really lets you whip that back wheel around the corners. 

Isn’t Candyland just Gnargasm, Gum drop and Snow White? 
Yes it was the original name to describe the area. The names were supposed to follow Candyland board game theme. But it failed. Ha. The other C nale for a trail in that area is Caddyshack which people may be confusing with Candyland

Isn’t Candyland just Gnargasm, Gum drop and Snow White? 
Yea. I just get so into riding from Snail and Dave's and Rim that I don't always make it up that far. Lately I've been mixing it up.
Now I want to tie in Suburban Ninja and cut over to Brushy.
That's one thing I love about the trails. Almost endless ways to mix up the ride

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yea. I just get so into riding from Snail and Dave's and Rim that I don't always make it up that far. Lately I've been mixing it up.
Now I want to tie in Suburban Ninja and cut over to Brushy.
That's one thing I love about the trails. Almost endless ways to mix up the ride

My latest loop mix involves getting a coffee at Red Horn then riding Subninja to Candyland trails then Caddyshack over to the dam and onto Peddlers Pass. Then on to some variation of Deception trails or Snail. Then I take either Parmer or the airfield neighborhood back to Red Horn for and after ride beer.

• Like 2

My latest loop mix involves getting a coffee at Red Horn then riding Subninja to Candyland trails then Caddyshack over to the dam and onto Peddlers Pass. Then on to some variation of Deception trails or Snail. Then I take either Parmer or the airfield neighborhood back to Red Horn for and after ride beer.

Sounds like an amazing first date

• Like 2

Here's what I usually do..  I park at Champion Park and then head east to start with Candyland: 

• Gumdrop
  • Snow White
  • Gnargasm
  • Caddyshack (optionally)
  • Peddler's Pass
  • Mulligan
  • Picnic (to the end)
  • Over the Top (across from Deception exit)
  • Rim Job
  • Dave's Ditch (if not wet)
  • Rainbow
  • Dave's Ditch backwards
  • Rim Job backwards
  • Picnic
  • Peddler's Pass (again)
  • Snow White (backwards)
  • Gumdrop (backwards)
  • Back to car

Depending on my mood, I might do some of Deception as well. 

..Al

• Like 3

10 hours ago, McRibs said:

I have been adding at LEAST part of double down to every single ride the last few weeks. either from bailout to bailout, or from bailout to jeep road, or some other combo, east or west. It is making me stronger on other trails I can tell. 

I’ve said it for years...kinda stating the obvious, but it’s a true handling rider’s trail. I’ve heard stories of dudes with big tops and deep power being frustrated as fuck, crashing, breaking parts/bikes, etc and getting dropped by people with less lungs n legs and more fluidity. 

It really turned out to be a sick training ground for handling. 

I was riding Christmas and the rocks were wet. What a techy little fuckface of a ride it was. Been a Loooong time since I rode it like that. I did all associated trails (fell walking down a G out on Rim Job, almost slid down into the ravine, lol) and the Deception to Swag and back. 

Something I noticed, probably because boosted to the moon, but is something we all do but I never thought about it. Line selection when wet limestone, especially off camber...very deliberately straight lines up and down when flat wet limestone, but when going down off camber you’re aiming 8-10 inches (depending) left or right of the intended “front tire landing zone” in the dirt below said slick ass rock. It’s a mindfuck, but it was a blast. I was dabbing laughable stuff and walking some, but like making it up Dub Step, and the climb before Birdstone (right after Lloyd Bridges) felt like real achievement. 

It feels good to enjoy riding again. 🙂

• Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:32 PM, Morealice said:

I’ve said it for years...kinda stating the obvious, but it’s a true handling rider’s trail. I’ve heard stories of dudes with big tops and deep power being frustrated as fuck, crashing, breaking parts/bikes, etc and getting dropped by people with less lungs n legs and more fluidity. 

It really turned out to be a sick training ground for handling. 

I was riding Christmas and the rocks were wet. What a techy little fuckface of a ride it was. Been a Loooong time since I rode it like that. I did all associated trails (fell walking down a G out on Rim Job, almost slid down into the ravine, lol) and the Deception to Swag and back. 

Something I noticed, probably because boosted to the moon, but is something we all do but I never thought about it. Line selection when wet limestone, especially off camber...very deliberately straight lines up and down when flat wet limestone, but when going down off camber you’re aiming 8-10 inches (depending) left or right of the intended “front tire landing zone” in the dirt below said slick ass rock. It’s a mindfuck, but it was a blast. I was dabbing laughable stuff and walking some, but like making it up Dub Step, and the climb before Birdstone (right after Lloyd Bridges) felt like real achievement. 

It feels good to enjoy riding again. 🙂

Your story reminded me of my ride out here a couple of weeks ago with Michael and Ulisses from Monkey Wrench, both of whom were 3-lap finishers at DragonSlayer. They spotted me at the beginning of Deception going W-E. They had been riding a couple of hours already and were on single speeds. I was fresh, on my 26lb fully 11spd, and on my home court. So I led the way through all of the techy stuff and was killing just about everything. Tried to keep a good pace too, but any distance I put between us coming through the tech was quickly erased, as Ulysses would announce his presence riding my back wheel like a predator on prey. In the end we had a great ride and I believe Ulysses even conquered a feature or two that he hadn't cleared before. Whether that was due to him following my great lines or simply because he didn't want to get shown up by an old geezer I'm not sure. :classic_cool:

Edited by throet
  • Like 3

Took a spin along the BCRT and was amazed at the amount of water out there. The bridge coming west from Mulligan was flooded. The creek coming under the bridge by the YMCA was a raging river. Even rode up the jeep road behind the YMCA and it was a swamp up there. The little rocky section leading up there from behind the lake was flowing like a creek. I saw some teens toying around on part of the trail that runs up to Rim from the BCRT and asked them not to ride any of the trails in such wet conditions. Great day to practice manuals along the BCRT though!   

• Like 4