IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

On 1/8/2019 at 8:37 PM, First-Blood said:

It's worth inquiring about if the intrest is there to have it funded by riders. ARR gave the money for the kiosks. Wilco printed the maps but used sub standard product due to them being cheap. So we may need to go to ARR in near future to get quality maps printed.

Consider that process started. Check your email.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, First-Blood said:

I agree. I'm just citing their responses I have heard. They love to say no.
We cant have more trail because of you ..you know....the Indian artifacts obviously. They are everywhere!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

After you work with government employees for a while you recognize a pattern. IMHO, Government employee are not evaluated on what they get done. They are evaluated on what they prevent from being "criticized". If one government employee wants another government employee's job, they start criticizing decisions (or permissions) from that employee, That usually ends up with the 'criticized' employee being replaced - sometimes by the one doing the criticizing. Conversely, a government employee never gets replaced because the did not do something. No wonder government employees learn to 'just say no'. 

Another way to look at it is in governments - anybody / everybody can say no. But it takes a very high level person who is willing to take a chance to say yes. And those people are very rare. Normally, they do not get to be a high level person by taking chances.

Even though it sounds like it is - those comments are not meant to be critical of government employees. They deal with a different world than most of us.

Edited by cxagent
  • Like 1

A while ago I stopped to fix a flat and found an arrowhead...
Yup they exist out there. Where were you though. That is the reason that we had to shut down the trails on west side of Dave's Ditch. And same reason they give for no more trails. It's amazing that when the bcrt was made they must have avoided all those super important
antiquities.

11 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Yup they exist out there. Where were you though. That is the reason that we had to shut down the trails on west side of Dave's Ditch. And same reason they give for no more trails. It's amazing that when the bcrt was made they must have avoided all those super important
antiquities.

I wonder if in a thousand years when some sort of super weapon is the norm, people will find old shell casings from a rednecks firing range and claim that no one should disturb this land because these are relics?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JRA said:

Anyone know what the trail conditions are today? Hoping to get a ride in before the next turdfloater, maybe hit the skate park too.

Good timing, I was about to post on twitter and then saw this notification. Most trails are good to go. There are still low spots and spots that are slick, but these areas can be walked around or ridden through. Rocks and roots in exposed areas will be slick due to the mist we’ve gotten this morning, but ride smart and you’ll be fine. Go get a ride in before the rain!

• Like 1

Peddlers Pass 3.0 is alive. find it on Strava under "BCB - Peddlers Pass 3.0".

The loop is now 2.7 miles long. The new stuff is fast and has some elements not found on the rest of the trail. I'm going to give it about a month for people to burn it in then I'll be adding improvements when I have time.

...and as always, don't ride F!@# wet trails. 

Peddlers 3 point o.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

I've thought this many times watching their videos.  It's hard since GMBN films in the UK and conditions are so shitty there almost all the time that they have to ride when it's muddy or wet.  And then people watch it here (love the channel personally) and people think that it's how it's supposed to be here.  I would love to see them differentiate between what they ride there and what we ride in the States.  

6 minutes ago, TheSarge said:

Still working on my coffee so the answer may be obvious ... but why can they ride wet trails and we can't?  Why does it destroy our trails but not theirs?

Dirt vs Loam vs Clay based soils. We have $h!t dirt. 

Drainage and erosion is still a problem but those can be solved/mitigated. Wet weather riding can be very fun on dirtbikes and MTBs, just not here. 

• Like 2

Still working on my coffee so the answer may be obvious ... but why can they ride wet trails and we can't?  Why does it destroy our trails but not theirs?

Also they have an abundance of dirt. We typically have a few inches of duff then few inches if dirt mixed with rock on top of limestone.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Speaking of which. Does anyone know how the trails are looking today? I just flew out to NYC for work so checking trails is uhhhhh challenging. 

I was out yesterday afternoon, but only rode past Peddlers.  Peddlers west had standing water in the rollers and berms and the other sections were very muddy.  I would guess at least a few more days before it would be passable.  Sorry I don't have a report about the other trails.