IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

1 hour ago, throet said:

BTW does anybody know if the wind and sun were enough to at least clear Deception for riding? It's been 2 weeks for me, and even then it was nothing more than a shit show at City Park. If Deception isn't good for tomorrow, then I'll be dancing with Emma again for sure.  

I rode 1/4 and other than a few trouble areas that I walked it was good. I went down the bailout before double down. It sure was nice to ride a trail again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, throet said:

BTW does anybody know if the wind and sun were enough to at least clear Deception for riding? It's been 2 weeks for me, and even then it was nothing more than a shit show at City Park. If Deception isn't good for tomorrow, then I'll be dancing with Emma again for sure.  

You could check the link in my sig you know? 😉

18 hours ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Ugh, does it not show up? It shows up for me when I’m on my PC but I don’t see it when I use my phone. Whomp whomp 😭

No worries just checked it out for myself and Snail, Rim, Picnic, and Deception were all glorious. 😀 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Haven't been on myself, but I've heard it's good to go from multiple people. Skyyhorn mentioned two spots which are riders should ride thru not around. Apparently these spots are getting wiiidddeeeee.

One spot was pictured by honey badger precious, the other he started to armor with rocks and it’s holding up well. 

On a Strava note, I’ve ridden peddlers 3.0 for 3 laps now and I can’t get Strava to recognize it. Strava always seems to do odd things for me so it could be some setting or me just not understanding. Anyone else able to get it to show up? 

1 hour ago, Cafeend said:

How is Peddlers today? Headed over soon

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I saw some pics on the FBooks and it looked good to go, but I always advise people to ride Peddler's no matter what, it's best when it's super soupy. Keeps Ronan busy too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One spot was pictured by honey badger precious, the other he started to armor with rocks and it’s holding up well. 
On a Strava note, I’ve ridden peddlers 3.0 for 3 laps now and I can’t get Strava to recognize it. Strava always seems to do odd things for me so it could be some setting or me just not understanding. Anyone else able to get it to show up? 

I had the same thing happening with the segment not showing up. Once I changed the ride privacy controls from followers to everyone it showed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, tatternutz said:

I had the same thing happening with the segment not showing up. Once I changed the ride privacy controls from followers to everyone it showed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering if that was the issue. I’ll give that a try. Thank you! 

I need to talk with Kent @cxagent and Charlie @Chardog about this...but I got the Wilco go-ahead for signage at the kiosks. Ronan @HoneyBadger is planning to talk with Cedar Park about possibly adding signs to the parking lots. 

My thought is to have a sign for each kiosk (even Swag since users can come up the bailout) and the sign to either be:

1) Trails Open on one side, Trails Close on the other and flip it accordingly - locked into place
2) Sign locked on the back of the kiosk and out of site until needed and then locked onto the front of the kiosk as needed

Wilco officials response:

"The example photo you attached was very helpful.

image.png

Signs on kiosks OK – gate structures not OK. (I never asked for or suggested gates, in fact I recommended that they were not worth the cost and effort)

We have no objection if the signs are installed & effectively managed by you/ARR (e.g. costs, materials, labor, changing status of signs, etc.) and the Parks Department is not inundated with upset contacts from single-track users.

We would need to re-visit if problems arise with this approach.

Thanks for your efforts on the single-track sections of trail."

Edited by rugger
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chief said:

Open in big green letters and closed in big red letters. Would it be possible to add any authoritative verbiage to the signs to make it seem as if it were a parks decision?

God has chosen to close the Brushy Creek trail system by casting down torrents of rain upon us.  We know not the reason, only that we must OBEY or suffer eternal damnation!

Trails are open!  Have a nice day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheSarge said:

God has chosen to close the Brushy Creek trail system by casting down torrents of rain upon us.  We know not the reason, only that we must OBEY or suffer eternal damnation!

Trails are open!  Have a nice day.

Need to have god open the sky like in a Monty Python skit. Would definitely be effective😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let's try the open/closed signs. I expect there will be all kinds of complaints about "the trail should be open" and my perennial favorite "It's public land - I can do anything I want".

If the open/closed sign is next to the kiosk, let's put in the kiosk a small description of why the trail should NOT be ridden when it is wet.

• Like 3