IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

3 hours ago, CBaron said:

If anyone makes it out to the trail, please post up conditions.  Yes, I subscribe to the twitter feed.  But I'm hoping for a current update.  Thinking of doing Deception proper after work.  Would love to put some wheels down onto PP, but thats not completely necessary if its not GTG.

-CJB

Haha dang man how current do you need? We didn’t get any rain last night so it’s still g2g. There are a few spots of standing water on Deception so be aware of that, but besides the rest of the trail is good. 

Havent checked Peddlers since I’ve been stuck at work, but I plan to hit it up after I leave to see how things look. 

Edited by GreenMTBrider
Because I suck at typing
  • Like 2

In the next few weeks , the City will be starting construction on a sidewalk from the intersection of Parmer and Brushy Creek road down to the BCRT. The sidewalk walk will bisect the Peddlers Pass, but reroutes are planned for when it's finished. During construction, mountain bikes will not be allowed to cross over the construction area. I will be taping off the area. This means the trail will temporarily become two separate trails. Use the BCRT to travel between the two sections. Please respect the temporary closure and don’t cross the limits of construction. The yellow line in the picture is the approximate location of the sidewalk.

New Sidewalk.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Skyyhorn said:

According to twitter for ATCEMS they are extracting an injured person from around rim loop. It didn’t specifically say a bike rider, just an injured male on the bike trail. Hope it will be minor injuries after they get him out. 

I saw a few beginners out there today on some sketchy looking bikes.  

17 hours ago, Skyyhorn said:

Final said it was an adult male in his 50’s, serious but not life threatening injuries. Sound anything like the people you saw? 

That was my buddy, Tony. I wasn't riding with him yesterday but the guy he was with said it happened on Rim Loop on the downhill portion.     They had just dropped into the revine(not sure what that section is called) and he slid out on wet limestone and went OTB. He's not exactly sure how it happened but he does ride clipped in. Handlebars were completely twisted around.  He's an experienced and skilled rider and we've bombed down that section many times. That wet limestone is no joke.             911 was called and EMS carried him out. Looking at his Strava, it looks EMS accessed him via the 183A trailhead.                                 He snapped his right femur in two places. Jut below the hip and just above the knee. That's a lot of force. The xray is pretty impressive.  He is in surgery right now. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ACL said:

That was my buddy, Tony. I wasn't riding with him yesterday but the guy he was with said it happened on Rim Loop on the downhill portion.     They had just dropped into the revine(not sure what that section is called) and he slid out on wet limestone and went OTB. He's not exactly sure how it happened but he does ride clipped in. Handlebars were completely twisted around.  He's an experienced and skilled rider and we've bombed down that section many times. That wet limestone is no joke.             911 was called and EMS carried him out. Looking at his Strava, it looks EMS accessed him via the 183A trailhead.                                 He snapped his right femur in two places. Jut below the hip and just above the knee. That's a lot of force. The xray is pretty impressive.  He is in surgery right now. 

Oh wow, that sounds like a bad crash. I hope the surgery goes well and his rehab gets him back riding soon. 

• Like 2