IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

13 minutes ago, ACL said:

He's not exactly sure how it happened but he does ride clipped in.

I'm sure it all happened very, very quickly. Slippery limestone sucks. Here's another hoping for a speedy recovery for this fellow rider.

Nobody tell Seth about the "clipped in" aspect, it could spawn an episode of cognitive dissonance.

• Like 1

Yeah we wanted carnage stories but ones that were more funny. I couldn’t tell you the last time I rode down the ditch because of the nasty water at the bottom of the rolly section. 

Snapped femur. Damn. Hope the dude gets put back together and on the bike again. That’s gnarly. Sending out good vibes. 

5 hours ago, biga9999 said:

Yikes. 

Hope he pulls through ok. I get sketched there with any moisture. 

And it sounds like rained 1.5" last night. 

I am amazed at how slick the limestone gets when wet, it's no joke!

Speaking of wet, just drove Parmer North onto Brushy Creek East and looked down at Peddlers. Easy to spot standing water on the trail from the road, the 1.5 we got last night did it's thing...

So, I needed to test a new shock and start the dial-in process, so I decided to go see how wet Brushy was...

1/4 isn't ready yet... about 70%, but the lower parts still have a lot of slop, it was even hard to walk some of it. There was no shortage of ruts...
Surprisingly, The Hollows/DD was GTG.
PX isn't bad, but I'd skip Picnic.

What's interesting is that the "usual spots" are changing... many of what we've known as the "usual spots" are dry, but a lot of new spots are worse than the old ones ever were. Also, the drain at Rainy Day seems to be clogged.

Edited by gotdurt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, gotdurt said:

Oh, and don't be this jackass:

Some may say that sort of ass-hattery could justify mirror adjustment (verifying the ratcheting mechanism is functional) and the kind and considerate tire valve inspection at the very least.

It is important to periodically determine the valve will seal when repeatedly actuated, though voluntarily performing this safety procedure on random vehicles may result in the entire volume of air being evacuated from the tire. :classic_rolleyes: If equipped, checking the removable valve for cross-threading can be an added service offered.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ridenfool said:

Some may say that sort of ass-hattery could justify mirror adjustment (verifying the ratcheting mechanism is functional) and the kind and considerate tire valve inspection at the very least.

It is important to periodically determine the valve will seal when repeatedly actuated, though voluntarily performing this safety procedure on random vehicles may result in the entire volume of air being evacuated from the tire. :classic_rolleyes: If equipped, checking the removable valve for cross-threading can be an added service offered.

When I was in college, I lived in a small complex of duplexes and single unit "houses" (the 90's equivalent to "tiny homes"). We had a little gravel parking lot that we all parked in a row on... at the time, I had my daily car, as well as a '61 Ford F100 with a super-torquey straight-six, extra-low gearing and limited slip diff (they called them "stump pullers" back then, topped out about 65 on the freeway, rev'd out). One day, I came out to find some idiot parked his S10 behind my car (much like the pic above, except worse), so I hooked my tow strap onto it with the 61 it and dragged it across the lot, over the curb, and onto the street (still partially on the curb). Good times 😄

Edited by gotdurt
I should proof read before posting.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, gotdurt said:

so I hooked my tow strap onto it with the 61 it and dragged it across the lot, over the curb, and onto the street (still partially on the curb). Good times 😄

Birds of a feather I'd say. In the early 80's I had a K5 Blazer and was going to a night club in Houston with my buddy Bob. As we cruised the lot for a parking space some asshole swooped in front of me in a tiny sports car nabbing the spot as I was steering into it. The parking space faced the curb onto Westheimer Blvd. We had words, and the driver walked off with a fuck you attitude. Traffic was light and an idea struck me. It was clear the only thing to do was to drive to the end of the lot, pull around in front of the little car, and hook a tow strap to it. I dropped the transfer case into low range and dragged the car into the street where it now sat parked cross-ways, blocking a lane of traffic. I retrieved my strap, pulled around the little car, over the curb and parked in that spot. We went on inside like nothing happened.

We had a good time at the club. Nothing came of the incident. I had forgotten all about it until a few months ago when Bob recounted it to me. Good times indeed.

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Peddlers Pass temporary reroutes have been done for the construction of the sidewalk leading from the intersection of Parmer and Brushy Creek road to the BCRT. Once construction has finished the trail will go back to its previous route...almost. The trail will lose about 50' due to the sidewalk. After the cedar triangle feature, the trail currently turns left, in the future, it will turn right. The City adjusted the sidewalk to take out as little of the trail as possible.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

PEDDLERS PASS UPDATE:

Please help me, pretty please with sugar on top. As everyone knows the rollers and some of the berms on the Eastside of Parmer fill up with water after rain. There is a bucket in the trees next to the 1st roller on the second set of rollers. If the rollers or berms have water in them, please take a few minutes and bail them out. Everything will dry out much quicker with everyone's help.

Soon as it stops raining every few days, the water table should recede low enough that the rollers will be able to handle the occasional rain without a problem.

In the near future, I'm going to be adjusting the second set of rollers. They are too steep and the valleys are too short. I'll be lengthening the valleys and possibly reducing the height a few inchesThis should make them flow as nicely as the 1st set. 

Look for a work day in mid to late February. We'll be adding features on the new stuff.

The skinny triangle bridge is going to be replaced with a wider, longer, curved bridge in the coming months. 

The temporary reroutes for the sidewalk are in place. This should last for 4-6 weeks.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

PEDDLERS PASS UPDATE:

Please help me, pretty please with sugar on top. As everyone knows the rollers and some of the berms on the Eastside of Parmer fill up with water after rain. There is a bucket in the trees next to the 1st roller on the second set of rollers. If the rollers or berms have water in them, please take a few minutes and bail them out. Everything will dry out much quicker with everyone's help.

Soon as it stops raining every few days, the water table should recede low enough that the rollers will be able to handle the occasional rain without a problem.

In the near future, I'm going to be adjusting the second set of rollers. They are too steep and the valleys are too short. I'll be lengthening the valleys and possibly reducing the height a few inchesThis should make them flow as nicely as the 1st set. 

Look for a work day in mid to late February. We'll be adding features on the new stuff.

The skinny triangle bridge is going to be replaced with a wider, longer, curved bridge in the coming months. 

The temporary reroutes for the sidewalk are in place. This should last for 4-6 weeks.

This is a wonderful idea.  If anyone helps out, try and put the bucket back in the same place you found it so Ronan or others can find it next time.  

As a bonus for anyone that bails rollers, you also get to educate others about not riding wet trails.  I've been on the west side bailing the rollers or berms and I was able to educate people on how the trail was to wet to ride.  

• Like 1

Trail status?  Would like to ride tonight if possible. 
My wife and I took one of ours dogs out and hiked Rim to Up and Over to DD today. It was primo.
What little I saw of Picnic and PicnicX looked good but we didn't walk that side

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk