IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Just got back from walking east section of Peddler (aka Carcass Cafe). Some turns are soft but most straights are hero dirt. Some of the rollers are very soft at the bottom but no standing water. New sidewalk trail the county is adding is underway. Some trail is blocked off. East side Peddler is now in 2 pieces - temporary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Chunky monkey was good. 2ed part was a little slippery on rocks (double down?) Didnt have engery for 3rd part (dont know name). We just break down deception and call it 1, 2, and 3. New part, oppsite of peddlers, was great. Finally getting packed down. Picknik was good. This was at 430 yesterday. 

Does anyone usually ride at about 430? 1.5 hr ride. My little group keeps getting smaller. 

• Like 1

Better get out there and ride today or tomorrow. Based on the forecast,  it might be the last chance for February. I rode today, the rocks are still slick but it's rideable.

I asked the City if they could leave me a pile of any excess dirt from the sidewalk construction. I hope this is it..it's hhhuuugggeee

20190205_1257321.jpg

Edited by HoneyBadger
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Tonlocvw said:

Does anyone usually ride at about 430? 1.5 hr ride. My little group keeps getting smaller. 

I ride at that time on weekdays. I start from the YMCA and usually hit 1/4 Notch backwards then forwards.

I’d like to try riding in a group to see if I can keep up.

Shoot me a message if you have room for a semi-noob.

• Like 1

So doing everything once yields me about 20-21 miles now. Maybe 22 miles when all of Peddlers Pass and Mulligan dries up.  I think the only thing I've never bothered to add is The Peddler's bike shop out-n- back. For anyone who's ridden that bit, is it a worth while addition given the neighborhood spin to get to it?  

It looks like the trail portion is almost 2 miles, and the road spin is only about 1 miles. So my total ride would work out to be maybe 26 miles. 

• Like 1

So doing everything once yields me about 20-21 miles now. Maybe 22 miles when all of Peddlers Pass and Mulligan dries up.  I think the only thing I've never bothered to add is The Peddler's bike shop out-n- back. For anyone who's ridden that bit, is it a worth while addition given the neighborhood spin to get to it?  

It looks like the trail portion is almost 2 miles, and the road spin is only about 1 miles. So my total ride would work out to be maybe 26 miles. 

Yes it is worth it. And soon the road part will almost all but go away.

You can create a pretty long route if you Start at Red Horn/Peddlers.

I do that trail (suburban ninja) it spits you out by Gumdrop/Anklebitter. Then you do Gnargasm and Caddyshack. Then onto the bcrt over to Peddlers then(maybe Mulligan) to Decpetion to Rim to Snail. Then Bcrt back to Picnic X and Picnic then (maybe do Mulligan ) and then Bcrt either back up Sub Ninja or just take Parmer or neighborhood adjacent to Parmer back to the the Peddler bike shop/ Red Horn.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Barry said:

I ride to Suburban Ninja from my house and drop in next to Redhorn. Ride that down to Gumdrop hit Gnargasm and Snow White then onto Peddlers, Mulligan and hit Deception at the 13mile mark. Usually get 15> miles doing this ride. I've heard there's been additions to Suburban Ninja, haven't been able to check it out due to weather conditions.

Edited by Chief

13 hours ago, Barry said:

Thanks for the feedback on SN all. That worked out great!

The trails are in very good condition. Even east Peddlers and Mulligan. Brave the cold and get a ride in before that changes again.

I should point out that BCRT, or at least in the Deception/picnic/Mulligan area, did not see 30 minutes of hard rain as your Strava posts mentions. In fact, my rain gauge, which is about 200 ft from Deception didn’t even record 0.10”. The statement in Strava is misguiding as it implies that BC trails will be good to go even after 30 minutes of rain. Had the area gotten that rain there’s no way they’d be rideable. 

Edited by GreenMTBrider
I should clarify that I’m not trying to sound like a dick, just wanted to mention the area didn’t get much if any rain.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

I should point out that BCRT, or at least in the Deception/picnic/Mulligan area, did not see 30 minutes of hard rain as your Strava posts mentions. In fact, my rain gauge, which is about 200 ft from Deception didn’t even record 0.10”.

Ah. That makes sense. Twitter (you?) said it was raining at Brushy when it was raining at my house near WC. That lasted about 30 minutes, so I assumed the same was true just up the road.