IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

40 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

I think you’re referring to Surburban Ninja, which leads to Red Horn/Peddlers. Definitely check it out if you haven’t already, it’s a sweet trail and a good way to end a ride with a beer. 

Thanks, where's the entrance?  I usually start at Champion Park, do Candyland, then continue west and hit (most) everything until I get to the YMCA, then hit a bunch of stuff again on the way back (Dave's Ditch, Rim, Picnic, Peddlers, Candyland again).  Would be a good way to end the ride since I start/end at the eastern section..  I've known about this trail, but completely forgot about it since I've never ridden it. 

Thanks, where's the entrance?  I usually start at Champion Park, do Candyland, then continue west and hit (most) everything until I get to the YMCA, then hit a bunch of stuff again on the way back (Dave's Ditch, Rim, Picnic, Peddlers, Candyland again).  Would be a good way to end the ride since I start/end at the eastern section..  I've known about this trail, but completely forgot about it since I've never ridden it. 
The easiest way to find the trail is to start at RedHorn /Peddlers . The trail head is just down the grass hill behind the bank and Sonic. But if you wanna access it from the bcrt you need to take that tunnel under pass under Brushy Creek rd. Then take the neighborhood street Walsh Trail the majority of the way . from there are a few different ways to get to the dirt trail. Zoom in on his strava to see one option. Or I van send more detailed turn list if needed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The easiest way to find the trail is to start at RedHorn /Peddlers . The trail head is just down the grass hill behind the bank and Sonic. But if you wanna access it from the bcrt you need to take that tunnel under pass under Brushy Creek rd. Then take the neighborhood street Walsh Trail the majority of the way . from there are a few different ways to get to the dirt trail. Zoom in on his strava to see one option. Or I van send more detailed turn list if needed.

All the times through there never knew there is a tunnel. The trail from Peddlers is fun for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Gonna have to hit this when it stops raining in July. [emoji849]

Just a heads up on this tunnel. I remember riding past it one year and seeing no less than 10 snakes hanging out in some water in that tunnel. It was nightmare fuel straight out of Indiana Jones. I think it had flooded or something recently. I’ll take snakes over cars but don’t scream like a girl if that stick you’re about to bunny hop starts moving.

• Confused 1

Just a heads up on this tunnel. I remember riding past it one year and seeing no less than 10 snakes hanging out in some water in that tunnel. It was nightmare fuel straight out of Indiana Jones. I think it had flooded or something recently. I’ll take snakes over cars but don’t scream like a girl if that stick you’re about to bunny hop starts moving.

It’s like you really know me

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

I have never seen any snakes in there. Are you sure they weren't just earth worms and your fight or flight took over. emoji38.png

I was on the West side of the road looking down there a little after dusk.  I think there is a light under there or something and I remember seeing the snakes, not believing what I was seeing, and turning around to check it out.  They were snakes and there were more than a few.  I think what happened is that it had some water in it from the flood and possibly had some fish or critters collected down there.  The snakes were having a buffet and could have given two shits about some biker trying not to crap his pants.  Even after that, I'd still take that tunnel if the traffic was bad.

• Like 1

I was on the West side of the road looking down there a little after dusk.  I think there is a light under there or something and I remember seeing the snakes, not believing what I was seeing, and turning around to check it out.  They were snakes and there were more than a few.  I think what happened is that it had some water in it from the flood and possibly had some fish or critters collected down there.  The snakes were having a buffet and could have given two shits about some biker trying not to crap his pants.  Even after that, I'd still take that tunnel if the traffic was bad.
Meh..rat snakes. No biggie. If Mittens was chilling that's different but Rat snakes eating sushi is cool.
I like when they do that over by the train trestle by Muligan.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I had one of those moving branches under my front wheel las year. It made a good effort to get me.   I thought it was mittes because it rattled. That is why the picture is far away.  But forum experts say rat snakes do that sound sometimes.  I don’t have that in my country so it really got in my head. Kept making up imaginary snakes pop up on my rides for like 3 months.  Life hasn’t been the same 😅

51D7A270-6B7A-4886-85D9-24654309B2BD.jpeg

Edited by Morris
  • Like 1

I’m REALLY hoping I can hit the trail tomorrow around 11am/noon. 

I’m looking for someone to crush my hopes and dreams of doing that or to say that it might actually be possible. GreenMTB’s Twitter link doesn’t show up for me. :/

any insight would be greatly appreciated. Hoping sun and wind today will dry off rocks and make things ok to ride? *cringe* & *wince*

With all this rain and lack of riding wearing on us, it might be worth considering an organized work day to address any problems you're seeing out at Brushy.  The crappy weather and need to get some dirt under our feet is good motivation to go out and dig.  The regular Walnut riders have turned the R&I into an S&I (Shovel and Imbibe) tonight at 5:30

• Like 2

I walked the rim trail today at lunch, and it was nearly completely dry.  Totally rideable.  Plus it was sunny and windy, so stuff is going to be drying out pretty quickly. 

If I was one of the inhabitants of this thread that seem to ride either Brushy or nothing, I'd ride this evening for sure.

• Like 1