IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

13 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Had eyes on it this morning and it was too wet, but left town this afternoon and won’t be able to hit the trails until Monday. If you head out let us know what you think. 

On DD, rock move wasn’t done by any of the stewards. Weird shit like that does happen, remember a few years ago someone moved the diving board rock at truth or dare and we had to move it back? I love people. 

Thanks for the update. If it was too wet this morning, then it is probably still too wet, as we got a good hour or so of steady drizzle mid-morning. And oh yeah I definitely remember us moving the "diving board" back on Truth-or-Dare. Took 3 of us as I recall. I'm still leery approaching that spot, always wondering if the step-down will be there or not.

I'm loving the new berms towards the end of DD going E-to-W by the way. Big thanks to whoever put in that work! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GreenMTBrider said:

I posted on it yesterday, so something’s screwed up with your view. With that being said, I’m in CO right now and can’t check trails so let us know how things are looking and I’ll update the page. 

The Twix UX changed recently. Unless you are logged in you can no longer see a feed chronologically or view the most recent posts. That's Elon trying to force everyone to sign up to access the content, same BS as Facebook etc. Unfortunately it diminishes the value of feeds like BC Trail Conditions as a public service since it will only be useful to logged in Twix users, and Twix is a pit of despair and degeneracy so hard pass.

If you want to make the trail conditions freely available to the public, maybe consider posting them here.  Thank you for doing it.

I was out there today around 2:30 walking my dogs and Rim / Bob Ross / west side of DD were still a bit soft, suitable for walking not riding IMO.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cutter said:

The Twix UX changed recently. Unless you are logged in you can no longer see a feed chronologically or view the most recent posts. That's Elon trying to force everyone to sign up to access the content, same BS as Facebook etc. Unfortunately it diminishes the value of feeds like BC Trail Conditions as a public service since it will only be useful to logged in Twix users, and Twix is a pit of despair and degeneracy so hard pass.

If you want to make the trail conditions freely available to the public, maybe consider posting them here.  Thank you for doing it.

I was out there today around 2:30 walking my dogs and Rim / Bob Ross / west side of DD were still a bit soft, suitable for walking not riding IMO.

I already cross post on two Facebook pages and I regularly update the austinbike.com Google sheet, so honestly not going to cross post on here often. 

Thanks guys. There is a hack (at least for now). Simply substitute nitter.net for the twitter.com portion of the link. Incognito mode may also help. I can see all the posts now and don't have an account.

https://nitter.net/brushycreektc

After looking into it, nitter seems awesome - I think this guy summed it up - That's why I'm a fan of Nitter, a free service that lets you quickly look at a tweet, thread, or profile without getting sucked in. This is a lightweight, private front-end—basically you can replace any Twitter URL with a Nitter one and the tweet will open without any ads, tracking, or other nonsense.

Edited by GFisher
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 4:02 PM, GreenMTBrider said:

On DD, rock move wasn’t done by any of the stewards. Weird shit like that does happen, remember a few years ago someone moved the diving board rock at truth or dare and we had to move it back? I love people. 

Diving Board rock is once again missing on Truth or Dare! I scouted around a bit after noticing it gone yesterday and didn't even see where it was placed. Suppose it's possible that it broke and somebody just cleared the remnants.  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Who's going to be the 1st to create "The Meg" Strava segment? 

1/4 Notch 

Double Down

Bob Ross

The Rim (all the way to the top, down Dave's Ditch, then the climb back up to Rim that starts near the end of Dave's Ditch, then take a left towards The Bowl)

The Bowl

Billy Goat

Picnic

I think the opposite direction (Counter Clockwise) starting at Picnic will be harder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/23/2024 at 9:10 AM, HoneyBadger said:

The new trail at Brushy is open. It's called Billy Goat in memory of Rob Paulk. He helped build a lot of the original trails at Brushyand and did countless hours of volunteering in the mtb community.

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/billy-goat-729615/?fbclid=IwAR2yEYQWcl9eWK_brERaFADb_XYKmrbcYCy_uNFe0IelGgyagpi1oKunrkE

"Billy Goat", and not "Old Goat" which was his actual nickname? Maybe another Wilco official's overreach, because "Old" would be ageist?

He was a great guy, was always willing to give a hand, and would give you the shirt off his back, so he definitely deserves recognition and is missed dearly. 

Glad this old dream of a trail was finally realized. 

• Like 2

On 2/26/2024 at 12:08 PM, rugger said:

"Billy Goat", and not "Old Goat" which was his actual nickname? Maybe another Wilco official's overreach, because "Old" would be ageist?

He was a great guy, was always willing to give a hand, and would give you the shirt off his back, so he definitely deserves recognition and is missed dearly. 

Glad this old dream of a trail was finally realized. 

The name stems from the name of his Jeep. At his memorial his family requested the trail be named this as it was special to them and his memory. 

The county had no part in the naming. The county has been great to work with lately btw. 

Rob.jpg

• Like 5