IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Ahhh …. nothing like a mid-morning ride on a cool, crisp Autumn day! Oh wait ….. we're in Central Texas grappling with monsoons and suffocating humidity in Oct. Ughh! 

Humidity aside, Snail and Picnic were fine but 1/4 Notch was pretty slick in spots. Still OK to ride, although the same typical mud puddles have grown in size from last week, probably from people going around them instead of through them. Didn't even attempt Double Down, but am guessing it needs another day to dry out. It would sure help if the air wasn't so saturated with moisture.    

• Like 2

throet, what time did you ride?  Was that you going West to East on 1/4 notch around noon?   

I also think 1/4 notch was a bit slick.  Some of those rocks looked mossy for the first time since I've been riding there.  I kept thinking my rear tire was going low or my wheel was loose, but it was just some slight sliding around in the rocks.

Mulligan had the usual muddy spot plus one other which I'd never seen.

I have some French drain tubes and a dry well I don't need and I'll be giving away.  I don't know if it's the kind of thing we'd be allowed to use on the trail or not.  It will go to craigslist free otherwise.  I'd really like to fix the drainage on that spot at the end of Mulligan.  The sticks flow down and make a dam and then the mud accumulates over the armor that someone put in earlier this year.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

throet, what time did you ride?  Was that you going West to East on 1/4 notch around noon?   

I also think 1/4 notch was a bit slick.  Some of those rocks looked mossy for the first time since I've been riding there.  I kept thinking my rear tire was going low or my wheel was loose, but it was just some slight sliding around in the rocks.

Mulligan had the usual muddy spot plus one other which I'd never seen.

I have some French drain tubes and a dry well I don't need and I'll be giving away.  I don't know if it's the kind of thing we'd be allowed to use on the trail or not.  It will go to craigslist free otherwise.  I'd really like to fix the drainage on that spot at the end of Mulligan.  The sticks flow down and make a dam and then the mud accumulates over the armor that someone put in earlier this year.  

We rode E-W and were finished by noon. I'm going to ride it again late afternoon tomorrow and I'm sure it will be better. We avoided Mulligan even though it's usually just that one spot that gets sloppy. 

22 minutes ago, Morris said:

It was a good ride, liked the new berms and cleanup at the drops in snail.  Throet ,like always , making my bad fitness shine 😅

We were both sucking wind today. Once it cools off we need to spend some time sessioning out there. There is much I can learn from you. 

• Like 1

I rode all of deception this evening and it was totally fine.  There were a couple puddles in low spots but everywhere that wasn't literally a puddle had great traction and no mud.  That transition trail from the jeep road to rimjob was ok, rimjob was ok, but the ditch was actively flowing so I turned around.  I didn't try to ride Picnic or mulligan, they looked a little wet.

Edited by Kyle
  • Like 1

We were at BC tonight. A lady who parked down by Parmer at the softball fields had her window smashed. She was gone 10 minutes or so. Few folks around but still.
So as a PSA dont leave your stuff in plain sight I reckon
Bummer

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bestbike85 said:

Can you guys report back this evening on conditions? I may try to get a ride in tomorrow morning if it’s good to go. 

It rained for a few minutes while we were out there - not enough to create any mud but enough to create some slick spots. We didn't even ride Deception or Rim as a result of that. Snail and Picnic were in perfect condition. The east side of Peddlers was perfect but the west side had a few slick spots. Seems like the sun has been out ever since, and as long as it doesn't rain anymore it should be fine tomorrow. However, the forecast is for more rain later today and tomorrow.   

27 minutes ago, throet said:

It rained for a few minutes while we were out there - not enough to create any mud but enough to create some slick spots. We didn't even ride Deception or Rim as a result of that. Snail and Picnic were in perfect condition. The east side of Peddlers was perfect but the west side had a few slick spots. Seems like the sun has been out ever since, and as long as it doesn't rain anymore it should be fine tomorrow. However, the forecast is for more rain later today and tomorrow.   

Thanks. Crankin and I got rained on after about an hour at Pace Bend. Lots of riders coming in when we left waiting on it to stop. Was going to be slick as hell out there after that heavy of a rain. 

I'll second what throet said.  After the super quick rain Brushy had today, it did create a few slick spots but nothing bad  No more rain and it will be hero dirt galore tomorrow...Peddlers, STT, Joshua Drop, Gnargasm, Ankle Biter. All great.  Except for a few very minor moist patches, it's great today.