IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Looking forward to seeing the changes there.  Funny story (maybe) about that spot.  I'm trying to get my 11 year old into mountain biking and have been using PP as a training ground for him, and he's been doing great.  The first time he's going down that spot he stops, and I coach him, tell him to maintain good momentum, weight back and let the bike do it's thing.  I didn't even think about what happens after the little drop.  So he hits it at a decent speed, no problem, and then skids out trying to stay on the trail.  Then  we both just stand there as we watch his new bike slowly slide and roll right into the creek.  It's not easy to get down there and drag a bike back up.  Kinda funny in a 'had to be there' sort of way.  

30 minutes ago, Spalding said:

Looking forward to seeing the changes there.  Funny story (maybe) about that spot.  I'm trying to get my 11 year old into mountain biking and have been using PP as a training ground for him, and he's been doing great.  The first time he's going down that spot he stops, and I coach him, tell him to maintain good momentum, weight back and let the bike do it's thing.  I didn't even think about what happens after the little drop.  So he hits it at a decent speed, no problem, and then skids out trying to stay on the trail.  Then  we both just stand there as we watch his new bike slowly slide and roll right into the creek.  It's not easy to get down there and drag a bike back up.  Kinda funny in a 'had to be there' sort of way.  

Shouldn't happen again 

• Haha 1

Ha! Totally relate. I would have turned to my kid and just said " Well, Making Memories"
I hope you and him have many more out there. And man there are alot of other trails out there at BC and adjacent that an 11 yr can tackle safely and have fun and build skills. And make memories

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

I got a report theres a pungi stick thats sticking into the trail by the big tabletop bridge close to the end of the West side of Peddlers  Pass. Can someone take care of it this morning, i can't get out there. Apparently it looks like someone snapped a branch and just left it.

I’ll be riding later this morning and will take care of it if someone doesn’t beat me to it. 

18 hours ago, Spalding said:

Funny story (maybe) about that spot.

I have a funny story about that spot too, but it was from back when the trail went up it vs. down it. A buddy of mine who never mountain biked before said he wanted to ride with me. So I tell him sure come on over, thinking he would use one of my extra bikes. He shows up at my house and starts unloading his bike out of the back of his SUV. It certainly wasn't a mountain bike, but it did have some form of front suspension. I again asked if he wanted to use one of my bikes and he insisted on just riding his own, although I did convince him to use one of my helmets since he hadn't brought one. Anyway to make a long story short, I took him over to Peddler's Pass and started down the trail at a casual pace, him following closely behind. We come up on that spot and I lift my front wheel and glide up the rock face like I always did, and before I could even turn around to check on him, I hear this god-awful clanking noise from all the loose parts on his bike - fenders, chain guard, kickstand, etc - as he rams into that rock. Amazingly though when I finally turn around, he's already up and over the rock with an ear-to-ear grin on his face, and I'm thinking how the hell did he clear that with his bike making that much noise.   

• Like 3

Not on Twitter, but keep us posted here on the efforts needed to fix this up. Willing to come out for a morning to help build a feature or whatever Ronan plans. 
Feel better Deb!!!! 
Want to come out tomorrow (Thursday) and give me a hand? I am doing a trail walk on Peddlers to clean it up. No digging. Just cleaning her up and filling small holes. Lite trimming. If anyone wants to join me.
I'll be over by the softball fields about 830 AM ish

38 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

Want to come out tomorrow (Thursday) and give me a hand? I am doing a trail walk on Peddlers to clean it up. No digging. Just cleaning her up and filling small holes. Lite trimming. If anyone wants to join me.
I'll be over by the softball fields about 830 AM ish

Wish I could, but Thursday morning is still office morning for me.