IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

1 hour ago, AntonioGG said:

I did some hand trimming at DD last week.  There was one section where the cedar was blocking the sightline on a g-out.  Lots of spots on 1/4 too.  I have been riding with only a bottle though.  I'll try to bring my pack with pruners and folding saw next time.

Once the temps cool down and I can walk more than a few hundred feet without my hip seizing up, I'll gladly walk the trail with my loppers and take care of some more of that. I'm really sick of being cooped up in the house, but every time I've gone outside since my injury I just want to go back in. That should change soon! 

1 minute ago, throet said:

Once the temps cool down and I can walk more than a few hundred feet without my hip seizing up, I'll gladly walk the trail with my loppers and take care of some more of that. I'm really sick of being cooped up in the house, but every time I've gone outside since my injury I just want to go back in. That should change soon! 

Message me, and I'll walk it with you.

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2019 at 9:43 AM, Morealice said:

Bingo. 

All trails are boobs. 

Remembering that riding is fun on the new bike...even in this shitty humidity and mushy legs. Still so fun and glad to be back on a 29er...and more glad to be on one that rides like a hardtail. Unngh. 

AEDFA83E-6B02-4C62-8B2B-14B2E6AA7EA7.jpeg

Finally made this. Dunno how, exactly. Just looked straight through trees as I approached the ledge, and rode right through. I think I keep getting hung up by looking at the ledge. Line perpendicular to ledge points at that tree on the left, so I always turn a bit that way, then end up riding right into it. :classic_rolleyes: This last time, I don't think I even looked at the stupid rocks and just rode through the tree gap. I should probably do that more often (not look at stupid rocks.) As far as 1/4 Notch goes, last obstacle I need to work on is up sponge bob. Smashed a testicle last time I tried, though. Not in a hurry to repeat that.

• Like 5

Nice!  Yeah after watching the video of someone going up SpongeBob I tried and was able to catch myself but not made it up.  I just need more speed.  I think I'll ride it up before I ride it down.  There are 3 places on DD I need to get, some in both directions (guess that'd make it 6 places?)

Edited by AntonioGG
meant to type speed, typed stop. Need coffee.

2 hours ago, Haught Diggity said:

I rode last night and noticed a log was removed from the trail on Picnic.  It was that one where you split right at the Y in the trail and then there's 2 logs to hop before you cross the little dry creek.  One log has now been removed by a helpful novice.  

I noticed this today as well and was pretty upset. I loved hopping that one. 😑

Rained hard at Brushy. Chain is up on Peddlers Pass.  ....and of course, stopped 3 people riding Peddlers right after the thunderstorm rolled through....and as always, when i pointed out their tires were caked in mud, they said...wait for it...."i thought it was a little muddy, we were just about it get off the trail"...ha ha, of course you were.

Edited by HoneyBadger
i suck at typing

Should dry quickly but as Ronan mentioned, we did get decent rain here, including at Deception. I’ll report on conditions early tomorrow morning, but anticipate Peddlers may need to dry in the morning before reopening. Other trails will likely be bueno tomorrow morning. 

*Update* Woo, about a half inch of rain in a short time. Ground near Deception is very soft. 

Edited by GreenMTBrider

2 hours ago, TheX said:

Poured twice here in Pf. Walnut could use some of it as well. Anyone reporting in from R&I yet?

I went to do a lap at WC, started, and got absolutely drenched by the time I made it to the root drop. I only got 2.5 miles in.

The ground is so hard packed that my tires weren't leaving any marks while it was raining. The ground hadn't softened up yet, and will probably be fine tomorrow.

11 hours ago, TheX said:

Poured twice here in Pf. Walnut could use some of it as well. Anyone reporting in from R&I yet?

Got in 10 miles at WC (started at 3). We got off the trail when it started raining but we were all the way in the back. A bit slippery, but the ground was so try that it was not turning to mud. My guess is that it should be ok today, but someone should give it a visual before we say good to ride.

I was riding at Ski Apache in Ruidoso when my rear rotor started rubbing all the way down the trail. I reset my calipers to zero rub “in the stand” but it kept happening. 3rd time up the gondola realized a bolt had backed out on my couple months old Yeti SB100 😲...guess I’m glad it stayed together on some of those wood features and tame drops. My rear wheel was definitely canted to one side. Now the spots where the frame was rubbing are gnarled. Guess I figure Yeti would be sure things are to spec coming from the factory 🤷🏻‍♂️

01E8D1F7-3454-420C-A34B-128C6FCA1318.jpeg

4FCC1BD3-FC92-4F58-BE25-C26B15BE076F.jpeg

56950EBF-AEA1-4AEC-B147-FE70E6B1BDC5.jpeg

Edited by Morealice

52 minutes ago, 4fun said:

How much rain did brushy get today? Checked the Twitter feed with no new updates. Is there a chance anything will be rideable by 9:00 PM?

I'm a few miles south of BC, and the several minutes of downpour that just hit should be over brushy soon, if it isn't already. Might be a bit wet if you plan to ride there.

Edited by jcarneytx

1 hour ago, 4fun said:

How much rain did brushy get today? Checked the Twitter feed with no new updates. Is there a chance anything will be rideable by 9:00 PM?

Yea sorry, been slacking. Started my first day in a new role so hard to leave the office to scope things out. Wife said we just got rain. I’ll be home in the next hour and can let you know how things are then.

• Thanks 1