IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

1 hour ago, El Gringo said:

I tried an eMTB from Pivot during the demo days. I think I'm hooked. it was so fun!

Same! I always thought they might be good for extending rides and getting through long climbs (something we don’t have much of here), but i was surprised by what it really brought. Speed! It made riding suburban ninja almost as exciting as flying down spider mountain. 

On 1/16/2020 at 6:41 PM, Morris said:

When are we riding?  It would be cool to get a tour if that new area from you

Sorry @Morris thought I had responded to this already. I'm ready when you are. Gonna head out this afternoon to check out the stuff closer to home, Snail /Rim / DD. I'm thinking most of that should be GTG. 

So trying to ease back into riding some, went over to the "new" peddlers for some low impact pedaling... Wow, someone's been hard at work! I guess it's been a couple of years since I rode it last (since finger recovery). Question though: I started the right direction at the entrance, and seemed to continue the correct direction (arrow signs facing me), until I reached the creek section closest to the eastern-most ball field parking lot, where I noticed some of the signs faced the other direction... I decided to just keep going, and once I passed back under Parmer, the signs were facing me again... I'm fairly certain I didn't jump-trail twice, but since many of the re-used segments reversed direction with the new trails and re-routes, it's possible that I did out of old habit... or are the signs backwards?           

1 hour ago, gotdurt said:

So trying to ease back into riding some, went over to the "new" peddlers for some low impact pedaling... Wow, someone's been hard at work! I guess it's been a couple of years since I rode it last (since finger recovery). Question though: I started the right direction at the entrance, and seemed to continue the correct direction (arrow signs facing me), until I reached the creek section closest to the eastern-most ball field parking lot, where I noticed some of the signs faced the other direction... I decided to just keep going, and once I passed back under Parmer, the signs were facing me again... I'm fairly certain I didn't jump-trail twice, but since many of the re-used segments reversed direction with the new trails and re-routes, it's possible that I did out of old habit... or are the signs backwards?           

Do you have a Strava screen shot? I might be able to see if you jumped trail by accident. 

2 hours ago, Skyyhorn said:

Do you have a Strava screen shot? I might be able to see if you jumped trail by accident. 

Nah, I'm not a Strava-er. Next time I'm out, I'll take a pic if it happens again. I think 2 were bridges, at least one was.

Edited by gotdurt
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, gotdurt said:

No sign's should be backwards. The whole trail is now counter-clockwise. I'll check the signs

5 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

No sign's should be backwards. The whole trail is now counter-clockwise. I'll check the signs

Now that I think about it, when i was out there on Saturday I came across a father and daughter going the wrong way.  They said they saw an arrow pointing the other direction, so I had them take me to the spot.  One of the paver arrows was turned and pointing the wrong direction so I fixed it.  I didn't think there could be others that had been moved.

1 minute ago, Skyyhorn said:

Now that I think about it, when i was out there on Saturday I came across a father and daughter going the wrong way.  They said they saw an arrow pointing the other direction, so I had them take me to the spot.  One of the paver arrows was turned and pointing the wrong direction so I fixed it.  I didn't think there could be others that had been moved.

I think the 2 or 3 that I saw were stapled to trees, I know at least one of them was at a bridge.