IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

4 minutes ago, Skyyhorn said:

Does anyone have a prediction on if Brushy will be dry enough to ride this weekend?  I would venture to guess peddlers will need more drying time, but maybe 1/4 notch will be dry.  

With no rain today and full sun tomorrow, it's possible that Deception will be OK for Sat morning but I think more likely it will be Sat afternoon or Sun before things are sufficiently dried out. I'll definitely go scout things out late tomorrow just to see how Deception is coming along.  

• Like 3

Just finished riding bits a pieces of it.

My report is:

*snow white: ok

*gnargasm : ok but slick rocks morning maybe just morning dew

*caddyshack : same as above

*Peddlers pass: east side ok with few soft spots in bottoms of berms.

West needs a lot more time and little tweaks on drainage.

*Deception: good with occasional bad spots and slick rocks

*Snail : will be ok

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just finished riding bits a pieces of it.
My report is:
*snow white: ok
*gnargasm : ok but slick rocks morning maybe just morning dew
*caddyshack : same as above
*Peddlers pass: east side ok with few soft spots in bottoms of berms.
West needs a lot more time and little tweaks on drainage.
*Deception: good with occasional bad spots and slick rocks
*Snail : will be ok

Funny i was about to say too wet. But good enough for FB then good enough for me

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Nope. Damp and mushy.
Id say Sunday. Tomorrow is gonna be a clown show with the nice weather and everyone wanting to ride. RPR or.... But Id say too wet still. Sorry FB.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I rode picnic west to east to the swag bail out entrance and it was fine. Then rode up swag to double down. Rode east double down and it was also fine. There are a few of those off camber slick rock spots that are slippery af though. I also rode snail which was fine. Standing water in spots but no rutting. 

Hey to each their own. If it doesnt leave ruts I'm cool with it. It was slick as hell in a lot of spots and dangerous rocks but hey...this is mountain biking. I rode most all of it and didn't leave any lasting damage other than the typical shitty spots and a few slips from dangerous snot rocks. I would also suggest riding somewhere else but it isnt a doomsday if you do ride Brushy. Except for west side PP

• Like 3

We saw that yesterday also. Someone said that the big log in the center had fallen there and people started building off that. Not a practical feature due to the fact it is right at a switchback. Riding west to east it is right at the end of the turn not allowing enough momentum to get over it. Riding east to west you'd have too much speed coming off of it to safely make the switchback turn. Going west to east that particular switchback is hard enough without that monstrosity being there. First pic is looking going east second is west. 

IMG_6790.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

Edited by Chief

55 minutes ago, Chief said:

We saw that yesterday also. Someone said that the big log in the center had fallen there and people started building off that. Not a practical feature due to the fact it is right at a switchback. Riding west to east it is right at the end of the turn not allowing enough momentum to get over it. Riding east to west you'd have too much speed coming off of it to safely make the switchback turn. Going west to east that particular switchback is hard enough without that monstrosity being there. First pic is looking going east second is west. 

IMG_6790.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

Did you move it off the trail?

Probably need some type of saw. The log in the middle is pretty large. Also was not sure who built it, didn't know if was some new feature designed to increase the gnar factor.

Sooo full disclosure.. I ran into it yesterday and didn't remove it. (Call Rugger he is mia) Just bunny hoped it. I was on a mission and stopping wasnt it. I agree it was someone just making the best of a fallen tree. It should be easy enough to clear. Everything looked super dead.  

28 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Sooo full disclosure.. I ran into it yesterday and didn't remove it. (Call Rugger he is mia) Just bunny hoped it. I was on a mission and stopping wasnt it. I agree it was someone just making the best of a fallen tree. It should be easy enough to clear. Everything looked super dead.

I just don't get why they didn't leave the single log to be hopped over vs. piling a bunch of kindling around it. 

• Like 1