IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

10 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Fair enough. I suppose some well placed rocks and logs are in order to help define the path desired.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My typical route is climb up, then right after it levels out go left and up a little more, come down to turn around, right hand downhill trackstand turn, lower line back out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, First-Blood said:

Of course you would do it the less fun way. Such an XC DOUCHE

I got nothin’.... it’s funny and true. lol

But how is the trail more fun the other way? I’ve ridden it that way, too, man. 

1 hour ago, chuckt said:

I think the upper return line is a little faint. I know I didn’t see it at first... and ended up dropping back to the concrete via those lines. I ended up seeing the correct return line from watching a YouTube video.

Are we talking about Caddyshack here?  I know towards the end of the trail there's an upper and lower line..  I usually ride the lower line, then take the upper until it comes back down to the lower line.  I had no idea there's an alternate exit that dumps back down to the BCRT.

8 hours ago, quixoft said:

Marked the offending branch. Westbound Lower Picnic right around 1/4 mile down the trail from the eastern entrance. Almost missed it again as I was looking at the roots in the path.

tmp-low-limb.jpg

Wait. I don’t recognize this part of the trail. 1/4 mile in from East entrance. Is that right by the creek? The rocks kinda look like it. There might be multiple routes and maybe I normally ride a different way. Either way, sorry man, I tried looking out for it. I was looking forward to actually contributing, and it didn’t work out. 😞

13 minutes ago, Morealice said:

Wait. I don’t recognize this part of the trail. 1/4 mile in from East entrance. Is that right by the creek? The rocks kinda look like it. There might be multiple routes and maybe I normally ride a different way. Either way, sorry man, I tried looking out for it. I was looking forward to actually contributing, and it didn’t work out. 😞

No worries.  Yeah it's the path closest to the creek. 

Wait. I don’t recognize this part of the trail. 1/4 mile in from East entrance. Is that right by the creek? The rocks kinda look like it. There might be multiple routes and maybe I normally ride a different way. Either way, sorry man, I tried looking out for it. I was looking forward to actually contributing, and it didn’t work out. [emoji20]
This is definitely not part of the riding trail. It is just an off shoot people take to the creek it's hard to tell the difference unless riding it the way it was designed is engraved in you from repetition.

5 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

What are those Maxxis tires?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ikon+ 

The Ikon is a huge hit in the XC world, but unfortunately they stopped making them in + version recently since everyone is preferring the Rekon+ (which was built from a hybrid of the Ikon and the minions). I snagged these on a killer deal on eBay. 

• Like 1

Dropped out On the hike a bike trail today after doing caddy shack and I saw two Wilco police officers on bikes cruising the paved trail. First time ever for that. Something up? By the way no masks for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, endo_ said:

Dropped out On the hike a bike trail today after doing caddy shack and I saw two Wilco police officers on bikes cruising the paved trail. First time ever for that. Something up? By the way no masks for them!

I’ve seen them pretty much every ride since the lockdown (2-4 rides a week). Only saw them in action once breaking up a large crowd of punk kids, so I think that’s all they’re doing. 

• Like 1

I've seen them out there a few times. Even going back months ago.
I'm headed out for a ride in a bit under the lights so hopefully no people

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 hours ago, endo_ said:

I've seen them out there also about 2-3 weeks ago.

13 hours ago, endo_ said:

You just reminded me that night rides are still options and a great way to avoid the peeps! Unfortunately I am usually hammered by the time it gets dark these days!

You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning😂

• Like 3