IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Super stoked! Managed to clear the 4 rightside lane church jumps(third one took a few tries) . Getting better at jumping . My goal is to clear the flat creek jump line this year.  Kids there were doing. No handers and landing in manual but still I think I was happier 😂. #fatandfortyteam

Edited by Morris
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, schoolie said:

Funny. I haven't hit either of these yet either, but I've been working up the guts to give it a shot. The snail one seems like a better start to me for some reason. Seems like the landing is more gradual at snail, the church drop almost looked flat.

I’ve done both now and feel like the snail one has a lot less room for error! And looking down from the top of both seems different to me. The Christ church one you go “that’s a big drop!” The snail one you go “holy s%*# that’s a big drop!” Just my perception. By the way I wouldn’t hesitate to hit the Christ church again when it opens back up, but will probably wait until this whole virus thing is over to convince my wife again that it’s responsible for me to drop a couple mortgage payments on a new Enduro bike before I hit the snail one again!

Edited by 4fun
  • Like 2

I find myself running 28-30 pounds, even with no tubes and sealant. I like a firmer ride and I hate feeling like I'm gonna burp a tire on a tight term. Also, I have never had to replace a rim except for eyelet cracks, never a dent.

Plus you don’t leave the ground much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/21/2020 at 2:23 PM, quixoft said:

It marked me as Peddler's Pass 4.0 for today's ride. It also says my time was 18:45 although when I entered the path it was 11:29:00 and when I exited it was 11:48:30 so that's 19m30s by my count. Unless math has changed recently. I don't share anything publicly, just with friends, so none of mine get on the leader boards. Probably a good thing as I would probably be sad when I saw the results!

It’s never registered 5.0 for me in the last year.

Does anyone happen to know anything about the current state of Buescher State Park trails? 

Years ago, I camped there and they had a nice, fast stacked loop system. I looked it up on Trailforks the other day and it seemed like there is only maybe a few miles of trail now like maybe it’s not ridden and/or maintained? 

If that’s the case, I’m thinking maybe it doesn’t get ridden with Rocky Hill being right there? Also, does anyone happen to know if Rocky Hill is open during this pandemic situation? Left a message the other day and got no response. Maybe I missed it, but the website wasn’t helpful. 

I think Suburban Ninja counts as part of the Brushy Creek trail system, right? Anyway, is it ok for trail running? I don’t mean is it physically possible, some trail runners will run anything. More like do bikers frown on pedestrians running the trail? Is the trail pretty much tailored so much to biking that pedestrians should and are encouraged to stay off? Or is it ok for us to run (I generally don’t run over the obstacles specifically built for bikers, don’t wanna tear them up). 

I don’t want to be a nuisance, I’ve never run there before. But the exploration of new trails makes it super tempting. Thx

3 minutes ago, B.J. said:

Anyway, is it ok for trail running? I don’t mean is it physically possible, some trail runners will run anything. More like do bikers frown on pedestrians running the trail?

I'd say as long as you're not running laps on the Red Horn or Christ Church jump lines you'll be just fine!

• Like 1

It’s okay for trail running. That’s to say I’ve ran in a number of times without anyone frowning at me. Just be cognizant of your surroundings and move to the side when you hear cyclists. 

Also, for anyone that didn’t see the trail condition update. I checked 1/4, Double Down, Picnic and Peddlers this morning. All were good to go but I thought Peddlers needed a tad more time. Peddlers is probably good to go at this point. It’s getting warm out here! 

Edited by GreenMTBrider
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, B.J. said:

I think Suburban Ninja counts as part of the Brushy Creek trail system, right? Anyway, is it ok for trail running? I don’t mean is it physically possible, some trail runners will run anything. More like do bikers frown on pedestrians running the trail? Is the trail pretty much tailored so much to biking that pedestrians should and are encouraged to stay off? Or is it ok for us to run (I generally don’t run over the obstacles specifically built for bikers, don’t wanna tear them up). 

I don’t want to be a nuisance, I’ve never run there before. But the exploration of new trails makes it super tempting. Thx

I don't think it's that big a deal. Most runners and bikers are nice enough to each other. The only problem I have is runners with ear buds in that can't hear when I'm letting them know I'm coming up behind them. That's a bit annoying but I can usually yell loud enough to get their attention.

Edited by quixoft
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, quixoft said:

The only problem I have is runners with ear buds in that can't hear when I'm letting them know I'm coming up behind them. That's a bit annoying but I can usually yell loud enough to get their attention.

I hate that too. It’s usually the casual runners and especially casual hikers that are really bad about this.

Edited by B.J.

2 hours ago, B.J. said:

I hate that too. It’s usually the casual runners and especially casual hikers that are really bad about this.

Of course then there are the people that hear me say, "Coming on your left!" and then they move left to block me. Oh well, at least they tried.

On 4/22/2020 at 2:21 PM, horncpa said:

Someone mentioned to me there might be a "drop trainer" at the Free512 location in Smithville, I need to find out.

As for jumps, I agree as well.  I am going to go to Seguin MTB bike soon.  They are supposed to have a good progression of jumps available to learn on.  They even do a skills camp there from time to time.

I just rode up Suburban Ninja to Peddlers and back. There are a bunch of super easy jumps right behind the bike shop to practice on. I ran through them about 15 times before I realized I had better head back home for a meeting!

3 minutes ago, quixoft said:

Of course then there are the people that hear me say, "Coming on your left!" and then they move left to block me. Oh well, at least they tried.

I've stopped yelling "on your left" because most people move to the left. You'll be past them before they can react. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

I've stopped yelling "on your left" because most people move to the left. You'll be past them before they can react. 

I put a bell on all my bikes and that works pretty well to alert people.  If you ring it far enough in advance, the bell gives people enough time to look back and then decide where they want to stand as you go past them.  Of course, still doesn't work for the runners with headphones on (which is super annoying on a reasonably busy public trail system).

..Al

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

I've started to do the same unless they have a dog or kids which are unpredictable; I'll call out to them. Funny thing is the kids almost always move to the right while their parents look bewildered. I just slow down around them.

I also slow down around the folks I call the "weavers" who randomly weave from side to side on the trail. Usually talking on the phone.

8 minutes ago, quixoft said:

I've started to do the same unless they have a dog or kids which are unpredictable; I'll call out to them. Funny thing is the kids almost always move to the right while their parents look bewildered. I just slow down around them.

I also slow down around the folks I call the "Trail Zombies" who randomly weave from side to side on the trail. Usually talking on the phone.

Fixed it for ya👍

• Haha 1

Along the lines of the main trail tourists, the alternate route is open again so you can skip the dam to get to/from the trail east of brushy creek park. The dam gets crowded, but alt route is wide open. 

only part I don’t like is coming from brushy to champions, the wall they built closest to champions is kinda blind to cars coming out of the new neighborhood,  so be aware. 

Beautiful ride tonight. Saw 2 bikers all night and that was before the sun set. Amazing considering the masses wanderingly clueless lately.

Also a message to the chick who was in your bra and panties back off 1/4 getting your pictures taken. Number 1.. thanks! Number 2 dont act so surprised to see a biker ride by you. What the hell did you expect?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

Beautiful ride tonight. Saw 2 bikers all night and that was before the sun set. Amazing considering the masses wanderingly clueless lately.

Also a message to the chick who was in your bra and panties back off 1/4 getting your pictures taken. Number 1.. thanks! Number 2 dont ask so surprised to see a biker ride by you. What the hell did you expect?

I guess there are "perks" to riding 1/4 notch during golden hour. 

Also a message to the chick who was in your bra and panties back off 1/4 getting your pictures taken. Number 1.. thanks! Number 2 dont ask so surprised to see a biker ride by you. What the hell did you expect?

Possibly the best trail report I've ever read.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3