IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

7 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Well I think that's a given. Still better than nothing. Gives me hope.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pretty sure you have a better trail report in your history than that.

Edited by Morealice
I know the truth!

If I helped pay for these signs to be put on various trails like Peddlers, Snail, Deception, and Ninja, do you think the City/County/Whomever would allow it.  Seems like money well spent.  I'm happy to get it going but I know ARR does stuff like this.  I'm just so tired of seeing people damage trails when wet.

65540978_673887433023723_4197515033514606592_n.jpg

It’s a good thought, but the idiots that are going to ride wet trails will continue to do so. As an example, there are signs on Deception to not alter the trails yet it still happens. 

I will say that I’ve been checking and reporting Brushy Creek trail conditions since 2017 and with the the trail condition feed I maintain, this page, and the FB Austin Mtb trail condition page, I have seen a decrease in trail damage here at Brushy after rain. And that’s with MORE people on the trails nowadays then in previous years. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

It’s a good thought, but the idiots that are going to ride wet trails will continue to do so.

If it stops one person riding a wet trail, wouldn't it be worth it?  Idiots know better and do it anyway.  Some people just don't know any better.

1 hour ago, horncpa said:

If I helped pay for these signs to be put on various trails like Peddlers, Snail, Deception, and Ninja, do you think the City/County/Whomever would allow it.  Seems like money well spent.  I'm happy to get it going but I know ARR does stuff like this.  I'm just so tired of seeing people damage trails when wet.

65540978_673887433023723_4197515033514606592_n.jpg

Suburban Ninja is a whole different beast over there. It is not really part of BC, more like adjacent cousins. Someone correct me but would not that be under AJs domain to ask this for that section of trail?

22 hours ago, B.J. said:

I think Suburban Ninja counts as part of the Brushy Creek trail system, right? Anyway, is it ok for trail running? I don’t mean is it physically possible, some trail runners will run anything. More like do bikers frown on pedestrians running the trail? Is the trail pretty much tailored so much to biking that pedestrians should and are encouraged to stay off? Or is it ok for us to run (I generally don’t run over the obstacles specifically built for bikers, don’t wanna tear them up). 

I don’t want to be a nuisance, I’ve never run there before. But the exploration of new trails makes it super tempting. Thx

Who gives a shit, it's a trail, run it, ride it, walk it. 

It's a good trail for running for sure, a lot more forgiving and a lot easier than Deception. 

That said, I think Peddlers would be the least idea for running, but that still just a matter of opinion. Way too many tight areas to collide with the bikers that for some reason actually like to ride Peddlers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Albert said:

I put a bell on all my bikes and that works pretty well to alert people.  If you ring it far enough in advance, the bell gives people enough time to look back and then decide where they want to stand as you go past them.  Of course, still doesn't work for the runners with headphones on (which is super annoying on a reasonably busy public trail system).

..Al

Last evening on SATN I called to a family on a dirt section of VC... There were about six of them I think... Half moved to the left and the other half to the right. I just smiled and waited for them to stagger the two groups giving some space in the middle.

On 4/22/2020 at 4:54 PM, circuitbreaker said:

you can see the dropzone clearly at the end of this video:

I've been watching some jump videos that tell you to compress into the face... But looking at these riders I'm not really seeing them do that — or at least it doesn't seem that they are. Particularly off the drops... They just seem to be riding off and maybe pulling up a bit when in the air. Am I missing something here?

You're only "on the face" for a 10th of second. You don't think they mean to compress and pull up in that 10th of a second, do you? The two screenshots show him standing high about 10 feet in front of the face, and then compressing immediately before, or "into" the face. This is what it should look like, as I undersand it. 

I've been watching some jump videos that tell you to compress into the face... But looking at these riders I'm not really seeing them do that — or at least it doesn't seem that they are. Particularly off the drops... They just seem to be riding off and maybe pulling up a bit when in the air. Am I missing something here?

The best way I can describe it is to think of a jump as a simple bunny hop. (Proper bunny hop technique needed not the clipped in pull feet up method). THINK OF THE LIP AS WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO BUNNY HOP OVER. Every jump will vary in when and how much to compress because not all jumps are the same height and distance.

With that said your speed and type of jump also effect what you do. There are jumps at bike parks where you dont need to do the exaggerated bunny hop...because of the speed you carry and the shape of the take off and transition you might be able to just compress into attack body postion (knees and elbows bent) and hold that through the lip.

The more you bunny hop the lip the more pop (height) you get.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barry said:

You're only "on the face" for a 10th of second. You don't think they mean to compress and pull up in that 10th of a second, do you? The two screenshots show him standing high about 10 feet in front of the face, and then compressing immediately before, or "into" the face. This is what it should look like, as I undersand it. 

Actually, that's what some were saying in the videos I watched.

I'll see if I can find them and give a link.

On 4/23/2020 at 4:48 AM, Morealice said:

Does anyone happen to know anything about the current state of Buescher State Park trails? 

Years ago, I camped there and they had a nice, fast stacked loop system. I looked it up on Trailforks the other day and it seemed like there is only maybe a few miles of trail now like maybe it’s not ridden and/or maintained? 

If that’s the case, I’m thinking maybe it doesn’t get ridden with Rocky Hill being right there? Also, does anyone happen to know if Rocky Hill is open during this pandemic situation? Left a message the other day and got no response. Maybe I missed it, but the website wasn’t helpful. 

It looks like the Strava Heatmap and Trailforks largely agree about what's there. If there is more there, it isn't getting GPS'd. 

image.thumb.png.c215a465c606e0ea99849831ccd57f6b.pngimage.thumb.png.66646c7b2a255497aa297822ae0d869a.png  

And RHR appears to be open according to their FaceSpace. And folks are certainly riding RHR right now. 

3 hours ago, RidingAgain said:

i think compressing for jumps can be a pretty slight movement. probably hard to see at speed. 

on drops, you don't need to jump if you have the right speed, you just ride off the edge and push the bike out in front of you.

Edited by circuitbreaker
  • Like 1

Beautiful ride tonight. Saw 2 bikers all night and that was before the sun set. Amazing considering the masses wanderingly clueless lately.

Also a message to the chick who was in your bra and panties back off 1/4 getting your pictures taken. Number 1.. thanks! Number 2 dont act so surprised to see a biker ride by you. What the hell did you expect?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Pics or it didn’t t happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1