IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

On 8/21/2018 at 11:53 AM, Cafeend said:

Has anyone investigated the feasibility of constructing some tasty singletrack along the Brushy Creek Regional Trail?

I've started looking into it officially since there is a severe shortage of singletrack up there. The main trail is nice, but it does not offer much in the way of challenge and/or riding experience.

I was wondering if anyone had officially looked into having legal singletrack built and what his/her experience has been? (Was the proposal met with complete opposition, open-mindedness, reservation)??

I personally, along with some riders I have talked to along the trail, would LOVE to see some nice singletrack up that way....the land is PERFECT for building sustainable, flowy singletrack from what I can see.

You sound desperate for some trail up there. It’ll never happen...too much red tape. Turn your attention to community  and city council meetings, surveys, and things like that.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Morealice said:

You sound desperate for some trail up there. It’ll never happen...too much red tape. Turn your attention to community  and city council meetings, surveys, and things like that.  

So I guess naming every single feature , hump and bump and jump is not too much to ask for, Ohhhhh and please make sure that there is a map with all this info on it.

Also if it isn't too much to ask-- Lets not name the features anything obscene,, I'd sure hate to explain to my kid what a Rim Job is ,, OR why is Eric carrying dicks in a bag 

Also I'll need a guided tour as well -- Complete with history and explanations of the of it.  Yea,,,, Thats all.  And If i think of anything else ,, can I have the OG trail builders personal cell , so I can call ?

Great,, Thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rode Brushy Creek last night! Was hot as hell when we started at 6:45pm, but slowly cooled a bit.  Was pleasant when we finished at 8:45 with lights.  We rode, in this order, Peddler's Pass, Mulligan, Picnic (to very end), Up and Over, Rim Job, Snail, 1/4 Notch (backwards), and Peddler's again. 

Trails were in great shape, but obviously a bit dry!  Okay, very dry.  Even the creek crossings in Peddler's Pass were completely dry. 

https://www.strava.com/activities/1804397456

Hope to get out there Friday morning again.

Apparently Gum Drop is completely blocked by a fallen tree, and someone said it wasn't passable.  When I asked if it was not rideable or not passable, he posted this photo: 

image.thumb.png.0ec8341758c4e98620826bf7b621237e.png

That's one of the few trails we didn't ride last night (and is usually one I ride!), so this is good to know.  

I'm a newb on a Specialized Rockhopper. I ride Brushy Creek daily. I would love to meet some people to learn from and try to keep up with. I live right across the road from the Twin Lakes YMCA so I can hop on the trails fast.

I have been riding Peddler's Pass and Mulligan a lot since I started in July. I'm trying to build up to riding the more difficult trails.

I haven't made any mountain biking friends yet and my coworkers are sick of hearing about my fun, so let's ride together. Teach me some stuff!

Edited by tomreece
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tomreece said:

I'm a newb on a Specialized Rockhopper. I ride Brushy Creek daily. I would love to meet some people to learn from and try to keep up with. I live right across the road from the Twin Lakes YMCA so I can hop on the trails fast.

I have been riding Peddler's Pass and Mulligan a lot since I started in July. I'm trying to build up to riding the more difficult trails.

I haven't made any mountain biking friends yet and my coworkers are sick of hearing about my fun, so let's ride together. Teach me some stuff!

Sounds like we're in the same hood. What time of day are you riding over there? I usually ride Brushy 4 times per week, mostly Deception. 

32 minutes ago, endo_ said:

Are there any maps available for this new single track at brushy creek?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard the trail builders have maps, but they're all drawn in crayons with a Dora the Explorer maps

Edited by Yosmithy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, tomreece said:

After 5pm on weekdays and anytime weekends.

PM me when you want to ride. I am free 24/7 for the time being except for Monday and Tuesday nights. I'm more than happy to show you around and won't leave you in the dust. There's some good stuff at Brushy to learn on. Lot's of room to grow your skill set.

8 hours ago, Albert said:

Apparently Gum Drop is completely blocked by a fallen tree, and someone said it wasn't passable.  When I asked if it was not rideable or not passable, he posted this photo: 

image.thumb.png.0ec8341758c4e98620826bf7b621237e.png

That's one of the few trails we didn't ride last night (and is usually one I ride!), so this is good to know.  

Cleared out all the vines and trimmed the log down as much as I could with the help of a guy who stopped to help. Thanks dude! Definitely need a powered chainsaw and a couple of people to get this thing off the trail. Possibly a full-sized ax, as the tree was dead for a while and partially rotted. But a chainsaw is the best bet. It's at least 2 feet thick.20180829_190809.thumb.jpg.7f8252d3229158e93765b83b422030a1.jpg

• Like 3