IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

1 hour ago, WLemke said:

Lame. Hopped on the road bike to force feed myself some miles thinking Brushy would be too wet to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DD was fine but not ideal. Snail was a mess and needs more time to dry out. I didn't even try Rim. It's funny how you get on the bike at 6:30pm and head to the trail with the wind in your face flying down Little Elm. You're thinking, "this is going to be a sweet ride". Then half way through DD and you feel like you're in a tropical rainforest. You're now thinking to yourself, "why am I still sitting in the saddle with this feature right in front of me"? Still, you get through it, get home, slam a couple of Hopadillos, and have no regrets about getting in some exercise. Not sure I'll be doing it in Jul-Aug, but for now, life is good! 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, throet said:

Oh wow! I hadn't ventured over there in quite a while. That's very surprising! @El Gringo would know for sure. 

Bummer last time I was over there was pre-monsoon early May the 10th and the drops, jumps and unfinished whale tail were all still there.

5 hours ago, trailrider77 said:

Wonder what happened to all the hill side ramp jumps at 512 church area? They are all gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing somebody got seriously injured and they got removed due to liability issues. I was there last fall and watched a girl do a header off the middle one. It looked like she may have broken her collarbone, she was with group of people and they got her out of there. After seeing that my first thought was that this will not be here forever.

16 hours ago, Chief said:

I'm guessing somebody got seriously injured and they got removed due to liability issues. I was there last fall and watched a girl do a header off the middle one. It looked like she may have broken her collarbone, she was with group of people and they got her out of there. After seeing that my first thought was that this will not be here forever.

In a later post the OP said he was looking in the wrong place. Sounds like the jumps are still there. Everyone who rides there is supposed to sign a waiver from the FR512 website. There's signage that says this, but I doubt many people read it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, olddbrider said:

In a later post the OP said he was looking in the wrong place. Sounds like the jumps are still there. Everyone who rides there is supposed to sign a waiver from the FR512 website. There's signage that says this, but I doubt many people read it.

FWIW, I've read it and I've not ridden any of the features until I sign the waiver and throw some $ at FR512.

• Like 1

Rode Rim, DD, Picnic, and 1/4 Notch this morning. Despite the oppressive humidity, it actually wasn't that bad out there between 8:30-10. I consumed around 50oz of fluids and stopped once to cool off. Also have discovered great value in carrying a face towel in my pocket this time of year, since there's never a dry spot on my shirt to wipe my face / goggles. It's amazing to me how long it is taking for some of the muddy spots to dry up! We've had several days with little to no rain, but I guess given the amount of rain we had over a period of a couple of weeks, along with the clouds and humidity, it's just going to take more time. 

• Like 2

I should start waking up early and riding then.  It was brutal yesterday at 5pm.   At least one spot with dried deep ruts on 1/4 we'll have to fix.  And @GreenMTBrider let us know when the next time for some scree work.  There are several areas that have slight widening and loose rocks on the center path.

Edited by AntonioGG
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

It was brutal yesterday at 5pm

This is where Walnut shines. No matter how hot it gets, I'm comfortable there. It's almost entirely shaded and doesn't need any power moves to further tax the heart rate in the heat. It makes it really great for early hot season acclimatization. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

I should start waking up early and riding then.  It was brutal yesterday at 5pm.   At least one spot with dried deep ruts on 1/4 we'll have to fix.  And @GreenMTBrider let us know when the next time for some scree work.  There are several areas that have slight widening and loose rocks on the center path.

First priority needs to be to fix the drainage issues. We will definitely need help here. My plan is to map out and get fixes planned for problem areas and then setup an ARR workday. 

For awareness, workday won’t occur for probably a couple weeks. I’m heading out to MN early next week for a marathon and then to meet with my MN team members in Rochester after that. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

First priority needs to be to fix the drainage issues. We will definitely need help here. My plan is to map out and get fixes planned for problem areas and then setup an ARR workday.  

We have eager people including riders and trail runners at my work ready to use up our "giving time" hours.  Once you set that up I'll post it in our Webex Team Space.

• Like 3

On 6/8/2021 at 8:13 PM, throet said:

DD was fine but not ideal. Snail was a mess and needs more time to dry out. I didn't even try Rim. It's funny how you get on the bike at 6:30pm and head to the trail with the wind in your face flying down Little Elm. You're thinking, "this is going to be a sweet ride". Then half way through DD and you feel like you're in a tropical rainforest. You're now thinking to yourself, "why am I still sitting in the saddle with this feature right in front of me"? Still, you get through it, get home, slam a couple of Hopadillos, and have no regrets about getting in some exercise. Not sure I'll be doing it in Jul-Aug, but for now, life is good! 

Yuuuup.  I rode it W-E.  I got to the top of the climb before Truth or Dare and looked up and didn't even bother trying.  That humidity + heat really takes it out of you.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Barry said:

This is where Walnut shines. No matter how hot it gets, I'm comfortable there. It's almost entirely shaded and doesn't need any power moves to further tax the heart rate in the heat. It makes it really great for early hot season acclimatization. 

Super easy bailout options, too, if one does overheat or just decide it's time for a beer.

• Like 3

Just got back from a moto trip in Cloudcroft, NM. 

Rode yesterday and further solidified my plan to move to ANY mountains in 5 years. This morning it’s 74 with 90% humidity. Lol. Contemplating not riding at all this summer. For me, it just zaps the fun right out of it. 

edit: eh, I’m sure I’ll still ride and just incessantly bitch about it

Edited by Morealice
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, Morealice said:

Rode yesterday and further solidified my plan to move to ANY mountains in 5 years. This morning it’s 74 with 90% humidity. Lol. Contemplating not riding at all this summer. For me, it just zaps the fun right out of it. 

edit: eh, I’m sure I’ll still ride and just incessantly bitch about it

I'm with you - both with the shitty riding conditions, and the mountains. Thankfully I already own a slice of land in the mountains -- it's just too expensive to build right now!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TAF said:

I'm with you - both with the shitty riding conditions, and the mountains. Thankfully I already own a slice of land in the mountains -- it's just too expensive to build right now!

Nice! Where do you own land?

My plan is to buy a small RV when I’m out from under child support and rent (yes i know renting is a waste but I’m not buying for only 5 years in this market and no desire to be a landlord pff) and get a huge “raise”. (whole other story) I’m going to stay in National Forests and whatnot for at least a year with my RV, dual sport moto, and mtb and move from Montana to Arizona with the weather and find out where I’d like to buy a house. Then I’ll use the RV to escape winter if desired and never ever live in this kind of uncomfortable heat and exponentially growing congestion ever again. 

Edited by Morealice
Who cares
  • Like 3