IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

9 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

Interested in what you came up with. I've been tempted as I've had a few pedal gashes from flats myself. 

G-Form

https://g-form.com/shop-product/everybody

The model I have isn't listed, but scroll down to see several shin and knee/shin guards. They breathe reasonably well, and are minimal. The light fabric is starting to show tears from the pedals hitting the calves from behind. Still, I'll buy more once I wear these out.

Soccer shin guards with tall socks is another option. Plenty to choose from at sporting goods stores. I haven't tried this yet, but it might be great for Winter riding.

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Like 1

The dirt last night was like FirstBlood in a gay club...HOOKIN UP!

I would love to extend a huge cyber hug to whomever put up the sign at the East end of Rimjob. I love it! I can’t speak to putting nails in trees but preliminary google search says no serious harm. I didn’t ride Deception to see if the signs were put there as well but they certainly apply. 

👏🏼

E02793D0-E327-44C7-AC4C-C5CE1E34A9FF.jpeg

Edited by Morealice
  • Like 10

The sign could have mentioned a little about the tremendous effort volunteers put in to build and maintain the trail, and, how those interested in helping could send an email to the address below to become involved. (or mention forums, groups, lists, etc.)

Edited by Ridenfool

Did a reroute get put in at PP recently? I rode it this morning and somehow bypassed the wet rollers without even realizing it. Also my Strava didn't log the PP 4.0 segment. Possible I suppose that I just took a wrong turn - but there are no turns. Anyway, glad I got out before the rains. Had a great ride this morning covering around 12 miles and everything was in great shape.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, throet said:

Did a reroute get put in at PP recently? I rode it this morning and somehow bypassed the wet rollers without even realizing it. Also my Strava didn't log the PP 4.0 segment. Possible I suppose that I just took a wrong turn - but there are no turns. Anyway, glad I got out before the rains. Had a great ride this morning covering around 12 miles and everything was in great shape.  

I didn’t see any re routes on the two laps I did, but now that the construction material is gone (those brown straw tubes) I could see how anyone could come from the west side, go straight across the paved path and end peddlers instead of taking that left. 

• Like 1

the email at the bottom makes this look like a prank...kind of....well maybe not.....I'm not sure.....it's it real or a.......

It's the real email. It's been real since ARR adopted the trail and it was known as just Deception. I dont have the powers to change. Or really care all that much too. I enjoy the homage it pays to the fallen name.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nope. My segment this am logged just fine and I went through the rollers and and all

The sign could have mentioned a little about the tremendous effort volunteers put in to build and maintain the trail, and, how those interested in helping could send an email to the address below to become involved. (or mention forums, groups, lists, etc.)

How many pages should said sign be? Ha. Anyways cant please everyone. Already got complaints from others about various other things like fonts and too many words. Sorry it didnt meet your needs too. But I get what you mean as well. not sure that saying people work hard on this for free would change an assholes mindset. Shit maybe none of this will. But there were already so many words on it. Anyone angry enough or interested enough will give the email a go.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, throet said:

No recent reroutes

3 hours ago, Ridenfool said:

I’m curious how many work days you have come too?

It's the real email. It's been real since ARR adopted the trail and it was known as just Deception. I dont have the powers to change. Or really care all that much too. I enjoy the homage it pays to the fallen name.  

Speaking of a homage
Please tell me the BCB refers to Eric's old page?
That would be funny

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skyyhorn said:

I didn’t see any re routes on the two laps I did, but now that the construction material is gone (those brown straw tubes) I could see how anyone could come from the west side, go straight across the paved path and end peddlers instead of taking that left. 

Maybe that's what I did then. Seems my segment is missing a couple of little loops that are normally there towards the end, and I'm guessing that's where the rollers are. Please don't tell my wife that I got lost - I don't want to have to go the Memory Care Assisted Living yet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

I’m curious how many work days you have come too?

I've only ridden Brushy once, and, yes, I did some trail work on that ride. Throet will vouch for me.

If you've ever ridden Rocky Hill, you will likely have ridden on trails I created there. Ever ridden Pace Bend? I spent a lot of time helping build out there. Reveille Peak? Many a weekend building the original trails. Slaughter? I helped build, but have never been back to ride them, yet. Bluff Creek Ranch, yep, I've done work out there too. Others may remember more places I've volunteered on trails over the years that I've forgotten.

To answer your question, no, I haven't driven the hour-plus from Fayette County to attend any work days at Brushy. Not yet anyway. Some day I might.

Just pointing out how that sign leans more toward being a challenge to ass-hats, Some might get it, others might flip it off and go do what they want.

But do whatever you feel serves you best. If you like constantly erasing B-lines and all the other complaints I read here, this might be better than nothing,

IMHO, as it currently reads, I think that sign will fall short of rendering the desired effect.  Maybe I'm mistaken. Time will tell.

If your goal is to get other riders who are local and clearly willing to work more involved with organized trail building and maintenance, it might be of benefit to offer them an invite.

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, First-Blood said:

How many pages should said sign be? Ha. Anyways cant please everyone. Already got complaints from others about various other things like fonts and too many words. Sorry it didnt meet your needs too. But I get what you mean as well. not sure that saying people work hard on this for free would change an assholes mindset. Shit maybe none of this will. But there were already so many words on it. Anyone angry enough or interested enough will give the email a go. 

"Keep It Simple Stupid" is especially important in creating a sign to be read from a moving platform,

Make it easy to read the important bits at a passing glance. I.E.:

PLEASE DON'T MODIFY THE TRAIL

This trail is built and maintained by local Mountain Bikers

If you would like to contribute your time and effort, let us know

Organized workdays happen often and you are welcome to join in the fun

For more information:

Join: Austin Ridge Riders

Visit: www.austinmountainbiking.com

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, throet said:

Yeah not sure what the hell I did. Somehow managed to chop a 1/10 of a mile off of the regular segment. 

https://www.strava.com/activities/2378512277

Be gentle, I’m on mobile. The crudely drawn black line would have been the path to the rollers. It’s not super visible right now, I’ve just ridden it so many times it’s habit. 

B9351204-214E-4440-B098-4B6DDB502B47.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1