IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

3 hours ago, MrMentallo said:

I never made it, but by all present accounts, it should be good to go.

Rode Snail, Rim, and all of Double Down tonight and everything was good. Somebody put the rocks back on Squeeze Play. I just left them alone since I really don't care one way or the other, but I know others have complained that they like to know whether they are there or not. 

3 hours ago, Albert said:

Someone just posted on Facebook that they encountered two kids (roughly ages 12 and 14) on 50cc bikes at the splash park east of Parmer.  He's not sure if they were riding the trails or not, but he said they had a lot of mud on their bikes.  The kids claimed they hadn't been on the trails.  He didn't see any evidence that they were on the trails, but please do keep your eyes (and ears) open!

Didn't see any mini-bikers but did witness a dog taking a dump on the BCRT, which was equally disgusting. 

Rode snail, rim,picnic,peddlers, mulligan, and 1/4 notch this morning and they all were DD’s! Get out and get some before the rain starts again tomorrow!

P.S. bailed before Double Down because I’m fat and out of shape, but I’m sure it was DD’s too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

Anyone have a chance to ride the new berms on Peddlers Pass. Feedback?

No large ruts noted and all the berms were dialed! I’d be lying if I told you I knew which ones were the newest ones, being that I ride peddlers infrequently due to riding west to east and normally running out of time before I get there!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Morealice said:

I didn’t ride at all. Just wasn’t feeling it. Still too hot and humid. WILL move in 8 years. Guaranteed.

The evenings really haven't been that bad at all. I rode Deception the last three evenings and it felt great to be riding hard without suffering too much. Suppose that 5:30 is the new 7:30. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

Anyone have a chance to ride the new berms on Peddlers Pass. Feedback?

I haven’t had a chance to ride, only spy from the path near the sports park, but the berms on that sweeping left turn look so great. That area always became so loose that the berms will be so wonderful for keeping the momentum that I have entering that corner. 

Im going to be so pissed if I can’t ride before more rain hits. 

9 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

Today's second heavy round of rain is passing over the trails now. 😞 

I rode early this morning before any rain and finally got to check out your additions. Very nice. Trail was in great shape, although much damper than Deception and Picnic. Might have just been an accumulation of morning dew. The humidity this morning was suffocating when I started out on Double Down.   

• Like 1

I’m sorry to report some deep ruts on peddlers pass. Looks like a single rider did it between yesterday when I rode by around noon and today (also noon).  

Would it be worth a trail repair day soon or do we wait for more jerks to create more before fixing? 

Edit:  I wanted to clarify the workday comment was mostly meant for Ronan (HoneyBadger) since he is the trail steward, I wouldn't know the first thing about fixing those ruts, I'm just willing to help when the time comes.  

B5D38B5F-A7BC-4EF4-8497-E6DA0FBCA571.jpeg

9E9B20A2-FE03-4E2D-9288-8B5435CEC8DE.jpeg

14ED0869-C9C5-4029-A410-95D2F1F91C84.jpeg

Edited by Skyyhorn
  • Sad 1

When I was loading up my Yak at the Brushy Creek lake parking lot there was 3 riders returning to their car covered in mud. When I drove out (with Kayak in the back) I stopped and asked them to not ride the trails when they are wet/muddy. They looked at me with blank stairs.

A fat old man out fishing bitching at you to not ride wet/muddy trails.. I'm pretty sure I would have a blank stare too. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I went to go check the trails and they are far to wet to ride. Peddlers is so wet it would need until at least  Wednesday afternoon to dry out...but guess what...80% chance of thunderstorms on Wednesday. 

On the bright side, the longer it's wet, the more new berms and features will have magically appeared when it's dry enough to ride.

Edited by HoneyBadger