IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Like Ronan, said, Wilco tolerates us, because we forced the trails on them and the County Commissioner jumped on board. The current Wilco Parks Superintendent is not opposed to the trail, but he is not welcoming of change in many cases. I think they look at additional trail as additional work for them despite the county putting in a fraction of a percentage on the maintenance of the trails and ZERO money beside a few man hours and equipment on the very rare occasions. Slowly but sure we hope to change this and get more trail. 

Regarding Peddlers, it's not my bag, I rarely ride it, so I don't have much feedback. What I do love is the new jump line by the bridge, the spacing and height, IMO is perfect. I like a lot of the berms and dislike others, I dislike a lot of the dips, but I understand they need to be there. I'm just not a fan and that's OK, I can ride other things instead of riding PP and bitching about it. I don't see the point in riding a trail you don't like. 

That said, I can't wait to shred Peddlers on my dirt bike after the next downpour, that should really help bed in the tread!

@First Blood I told you that was @AustinBike when we passed him right by PP entry. 

IMG_4511.JPG

Edited by rugger
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, rugger said:

Like Ronan, said, Wilco tolerates us, because we forced the trails on them and the County Commissioner jumped on board. The current Wilco Parks Superintendent is not opposed to the trail, but he is not welcoming of change in many cases. I think they look at additional trail as additional work for them despite the county putting in a fraction of a percentage on the maintenance of the trails and ZERO money beside a few man hours and equipment on the very rare occasions. Slowly but sure we hope to change this and get more trail. 

Regarding Peddlers, it's not my bag, I rarely ride it, so I don't have much feedback. What I do love is the new jump line by the bridge, the spacing and height, IMO is perfect. I like a lot of the berms and dislike others, I dislike a lot of the dips, but I understand they need to be there. I'm just not a fan and that's OK, I can ride other things instead of riding PP and bitching about it. I don't see the point in riding a trail you don't like. 

That said, I can't wait to shred Peddlers on my dirt bike after the next downpour, that should really help bed in the tread!

@First Blood I told you that was @AustinBike when we passed him right by PP entry. 

IMG_4511.JPG

You need a Koi pond

On 5/22/2019 at 8:47 PM, gotdurt said:

Finally got out for a low-impact trail ride on west RJ/and the Ditch... different kind of trail ride though:

brushyrc1.jpg.ca79c98b9ed56aaef217fa0652b3b964.jpg

brushyrc2.jpg.04ecfd7f964d4470fd788f96d801026f.jpg

...and I still drowned in my own sweat. Tons of riders out though, "Hero" conditions, if you aren't a sweater.

Hey, that isn't a Segway! No motorized vehicles!

On 5/25/2019 at 1:07 PM, Yosmithy said:

Good turn out today for the trail crew, including the OW folks. The trail is already looking totally different..again!

I didn't see or hear any of the critics out helping today though. Maybe they got the date mixed up?

Thanks all!!

Did we meet and I didn't know it?  I should have asked everyone what their screen names were! I couldn't believe we had 7 OW riders show up.  That's pretty much everyone I ride with, and only 2 of us had ever even ridden Peddlers before.  The last rainout just gave us more time to gather some more troops.  6 guys shoveling dirt, and 1 girl lopping and clearing.   The rain didn't help at all.   I was hoping we could have smoothed out that berm real nice.  I'll pay it a visit this week and see if I can give it some love.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2019 at 1:17 PM, Cafeend said:

When we were out there Saturday working a family went by and they had a little girl , maybe 3rd or 4th grade. She rode by us and said real loud and happy "this is the best trail EVER!!"
Somehow hearing her and seeing the smiles of her family mean alot to me as a dad and Honeybadger and KOM should be real proud.
A trail that can make a little grom like her smile and a crusty old rider smile then that's cool.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I think she made all of us out there smile.

• Like 2

Peddlers Pass Video Help

Are there any video gurus out there that are willing to help make a short video of Peddlers Pass we can put on Youtube. We're trying to put together a short video before the race on June 15th showing the best parts of the trail. We took a lot of video a few nights ago which included a full lap by the Women's Cat 1 National Champion. We have footage of a full lap chase-cam, full lap follow-cam,  static shots of the best parts, fly-bys, and some interview footage. PM if interested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoneyBadger said:

Peddlers Pass Video Help

Are there any video gurus out there that are willing to help make a short video of Peddlers Pass we can put on Youtube. We're trying to put together a short video before the race on June 15th showing the best parts of the trail. We took a lot of video a few nights ago which included a full lap by the Women's Cat 1 National Champion. We have footage of a full lap chase-cam, full lap follow-cam,  static shots of the best parts, fly-bys, and some interview footage. PM if interested.

Just so I understand, you have all the video footage already,  but want to have it cut up and edited into a shorter video to highlight the trail?   

On 5/27/2019 at 1:17 PM, Cafeend said:

When we were out there Saturday working a family went by and they had a little girl , maybe 3rd or 4th grade. She rode by us and said real loud and happy "this is the best trail EVER!!"
Somehow hearing her and seeing the smiles of her family mean alot to me as a dad and Honeybadger and KOM should be real proud.
A trail that can make a little grom like her smile and a crusty old rider smile then that's cool.

My 3rd going into 4th grade daughter absolutely thinks PP is the best trail ever.  Really grateful for all the people who have spent hours and $'s making this thing what it is.  

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Thanks so much for turning out and helping
You guys are awesome

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Did I get to meet you too?  I'm asking everyone from now on who they are in the virtual world!  I appreciate your comment!  We share the same stoke as you guys, and feel like we need to try harder than anyone to leave a good impression.   Many bikers are resistant to the idea of sharing the trails with us, and we are going to keep on giving them reasons to put that resistance aside.   There is no better way in my mind to do that,  than good ole fashioned hard work.  As time goes on, I hope the bike community becomes more aware of our efforts, thanks for recognizing it!

• Like 2

On 5/28/2019 at 11:48 AM, rugger said:

IMG_4511.JPG

Serious question.............Do you start this by putting 4 quarters in the little slidey thing?!  I mean it's so cute and tiny AB doesn't even look like it's fun to drive. On another note, good to know Bermy Sanders is back in town and running for President of the buttholes!

• Confused 1

Serious question.............Do you start this by putting 4 quarters in the little slidey thing?!  I mean it's so cute and tiny AB doesn't even look like it's fun to drive. On another note, good to know Bermy Sanders is back in town and running for President of the buttholes!

That photo looks a little wonky . Looks like it was auto compressed to fit weird. that machine is standard size for any trail building company across nation that build machine built singletrack  . It's the U17 series. And if we're being picky you don't drive an excavator you operate one and no matter the size they are all fun. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was looking on Strava today at some times.  For 1/4 notch it says the top time is about 14 minutes?   Is that really right?  Someone is doing ALL of quarter notch in less than 15 minutes???  Hell, I'd be super impressed with 20.