IGNORED

Trail gear list

Lacch

51 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Glad you guys made it out to AR.  Are you finally going with maxxis now😁

At most I carry a small multi tool on local rides. Out of town stuff I'll also carry CO2 but no patches etc. I must be lucky in the course of 10yrs of MTB, I've never ripped a sidewall.

I went with vittoria inserts since they can be ridden without air long enough to get you back to the car. 

Haha - no not quite ready to commit to Maxxis. Should have gone with that heavier 2-ply Mazza though, at least for the rear. With the Rimpact in, it took a minute before I even realized I was flat. It was the flapping rubber sound that gave it away. We started that ride on the Ledges, and still had the Back 40 to go. So bailing back to the car wasn't an option. Besides, with those DT Swiss XMC carbon rims, I wouldn't want to risk riding on just the insert, even for a short distance. 😁  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, throet said:

Haha - no not quite ready to commit to Maxxis. Should have gone with that heavier 2-ply Mazza though, at least for the rear. With the Rimpact in, it took a minute before I even realized I was flat. It was the flapping rubber sound that gave it away. We started that ride on the Ledges, and still had the Back 40 to go. So bailing back to the car wasn't an option. Besides, with those DT Swiss XMC carbon rims, I wouldn't want to risk riding on just the insert, even for a short distance. 😁  

Fair enough. Ive had good luck as a runflat, but also damaged two rims with Vittoria. I was being very carless when it happened though. 

I'll have to send you a rekon & dissector for Christmas 😆

• Like 1