IGNORED

Transition Smuggler

TheSarge

Anybody riding  a Transition Smuggler?  I demo'd one at OuterBike Bentonville and, out of the 10 bikes I rode, it was far and away the most fun.  I'm hoping to demo one on the local trails just to confirm that it's a good fit with the technical stuff around here.  Just waiting for Peddler to get one in ... and the trails to be dry enough for a test ride.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the bike or the brand.

Were you the one that bought that smokin deal on the 2018?  I went up there to demo it on Tuesday with the plans of buying it that night - they told me it sold on Sunday to some guy that came in to demo it and he liked it so much he took it home.

What I liked about it in Bentonville is that it just wanted to fly off every little bump.  The front end was light and it seemed like it would be pretty fun both up and down the ledges we have here.

Where did you test ride it and what were your thoughts?

2 hours ago, TheSarge said:

Were you the one that bought that smokin deal on the 2018?

Yup that's me! I went in there considering Yeti and similar popular name brands and the Peddler worker (I think his name is Reid) suggested the Smuggler and I rode it all day around Brushy Creek. I did more riding in a single session that I had ever done. I rode till I was sore that day haha.

I've taken it through 1/4 Notch a few times now. Compared to my old hard tail, the ride is now so much more enjoyable and doesn't beat me to death. I'm new to all of this and probably can't speak the proper lingo to describe what I like about the bike in technical terms.

It just feels good. I have no complaints. I wish I were riding now. Damn weather.

• Like 2

I have a 2016. I absolutely love it. Mine is set up 150 front 115 rear with the coil. It climbs great and I feel like I literally can go down anything. The confidence this bike gave me is insane. Like I said in another post, I've done black diamond Angel fire trails on it to full laps around lake Georgetown. In honestly feel like it's a bike you can't go wrong with.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1