IGNORED

Madrone Trail Trail Conditions

fontarin

We were considering going there last weekend but did pedernales instead. Theres some areas that stay pretty muddy on the north side of the trail and but no way to know for sure as the ride reports on the trail apps are a few weeks old. If its wet, some of those rocks would be brutal out there.

considering this but a bit of a drive for more of the same

https://www.facebook.com/BanderaBike/

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Albert changed the title to Madrone Trail Trail Conditions
  • 4 weeks later...

Got some Madrone last Friday afternoon. The 90+ temps kicked my butt, but the trail was as Madrone as always. There seemed to be a lot more "established" shortcuts and such that made following the actual trail tough at times. Hikers? This seemed to diminish significantly once I crossed the road.

Like most places this year, it could use a trim in several spots thanks to the rain.

It was a brutal ride, and I eventually chose to cut out a section at the road crossing after Ramp 18 where the trail goes on up to the Marina, then, got back on the trail at the Marina road to finish up.  Just thinking of some of those sections along there by the boat storage and on up to the marina driveway was enough for me to concede defeat.

Note to self:  Save riding Madrone for when the temperature is no higher than 80.

Edited by Ridenfool

• 11 months later...