IGNORED

Why is this still true?

TheX

supposedly, getting sick at all is extremely rare for the vaxxed, and symptoms are mild when it happens. however, I feel like I'm hearing about it a lot. I see fewer and fewer people covering up in grocery stores and the like, and based on the statistics for Travis County, I am certain that a lot of the un-masked are not vaccinated and spreading disease. with the number of people who are not wearing masks now—whether they have a good reason to believe that is a good idea or not—I'm about to go back into cocoon mode. curbside grocery pickup, no more restaurants, lots of free-spirited outdoor activity.

Edited by mack_turtle

36 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Two people that run on the perimeter of our circle have gotten the rona this week. They were both double vaccinated

Last week they were reporting that 99.7% of new cases were unvaccinated people. To know 2 different fully vaxxed people who got it in the same week is crazy. 

10 minutes ago, notyal said:

Last week they were reporting that 99.7% of new cases were unvaccinated people. To know 2 different fully vaxxed people who got it in the same week is crazy. 

Yeah man, we were a bit stunned. They don't seem to have any severe symptoms but enough that they got tested. One of wife's coworkers is now quarantining due to contact.  

1 hour ago, ATXZJ said:

Does it say if/how they are validating if a person is vaxxed? 

(Yes, I know I could read the article myself, but that would rob one of y'all from the satisfaction of posting an answer. No need to thank me. You're welcome.)

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-sorry-but-its-too-late-alabama-doctor-on-treating-unvaccinated-dying-covid-patients.html

“You kind of go into it thinking, ‘Okay, I’m not going to feel bad for this person, because they make their own choice,’” Cobia said. “But then you actually see them, you see them face to face, and it really changes your whole perspective, because they’re still just a person that thinks that they made the best decision that they could with the information that they have, and all the misinformation that’s out there.

“And now all you really see is their fear and their regret. And even though I may walk into the room thinking, ‘Okay, this is your fault, you did this to yourself,’ when I leave the room, I just see a person that’s really suffering, and that is so regretful for the choice that they made.”

• Like 1

A guy I know who's in his early-mid 60s, obese, and in overall poor health got the rona' in april and lived to tell the tale. His wife also got it and she still refuses to get vaccinated because of her conspiracy theories.  He says he's going to, but has been making excuses of why he hasn't "yet" for months now. Both work at their small business spending the entire day exposed to hazardous chemicals and aerosols, and regularly spray roundup. Also with zero protection. 

#fucklogic 

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

1851882306_stage4.jpeg.02e5a7d41eb3e530e8888c09174470fb.jpeg

It's been more than a year with this now. There are polarized opinions on both sides of whatever feelings we have about this. Everybody has their own beliefs about getting or not getting vaccinated. Neither party is right or wrong it's just what they believe. We'll never reach herd immunity with the vaccination due to some people not being able to get it for medical reasons and some people who refuse to get the vaccine. With that being said I think we're at the SOGOTP stage with this and we need to let nature choose the outcome at this point. If you're vaccinated good for you, you'll probably be ok moving forward if you're not vaccinated due to refusing to get it... well as far as I'm concerned you're on your own. We make life decisions everyday that could have potentially fatal outcomes this is really no different. Remember we ride MTB's for fun but there is an inherent risk to it.

I have my own conspiracy theories about all of this but I'll keep those to myself.

• Like 2

That would be all fine if we all lived in fuckin bubbles. Those refusing to get vaccinated are putting those that can’t be vaccinated at risk by not only spreading the current strains perpetuating the virus but allowing it to mutate and probably putting all of us at risk eventually. Fuck that it’s my choice bullshit. You don’t want to help then stay the fuck home, die alone, don’t kill someone else. But no, they gotta be assholes about it and not do anything to not hurt somebody else and be a dick about in the process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chongo Loco said:

That would be all fine if we all lived in fuckin bubbles. Those refusing to get vaccinated are putting those that can’t be vaccinated at risk by not only spreading the current strains perpetuating the virus but allowing it to mutate and probably putting all of us at risk eventually. Fuck that it’s my choice bullshit. You don’t want to help then stay the fuck home, die alone, don’t kill someone else. But no, they gotta be assholes about it and not do anything to not hurt somebody else and be a dick about in the process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is very true but unfortunately we have no control over this. We have very little control over the choices of others. I agree with you 100%. I didn't post this to start a discourse over right and wrong. All that I'm saying is everyone who can, now has the ability to be vaccinated and those who choose not to are an issue that is out of our control. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. I did my part the best I could but when given a choice of being bankrupt or dying your survival instinct is that you need to continue to survive and being penniless isn't an option for survival. I kept my distance, I masked up, I washed my hands and I had a great concern for not infecting others. I own my own business and put all of my accounts on call as needed basis. I did everything I was supposed to do to keep the spread down. Unfortunately I had no medical insurance due to it costing me more than my mortgage just for premiums, so my wife went back to work after fifteen years to get us medical insurance. She's a hospital worker and got it at her place of employment bringing it home and giving it to me and my youngest daughter who were both considered high risk due to "preexisting medical conditions". Obviously we both survived and we are now both vaccinated. This is the unfortunate nature of nature. Some of us won't survive and really weren't meant to. I know that this makes me seem like some callous prick that doesn't care about anyone but myself but anyone who knows me knows that that is not who I am. When something like this happens we can't all survive. If it weren't for the antiquated medical technology that was available in the early '60's I would not have survived being born and I'm OK with that. 

Edited by Chief
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Trailrider said:

Who are these people who can't get to HEB for a free vaccine?

there is a small number of people for whom the vaccine would also be dangerous. cancer patients and people with other particular diseases. it's a very small number, but it's worth the effort to protect those unfortunate folks if all it takes is the other 99.99% of the population to stop being big babies and get vaxxed, and cover your mouth and nose for a little while when in certain situations like grocery stores. it's not that hard, but as a culture, we're not that smart.

Edited by mack_turtle

Was supposed to go back to the open office 7/26, I got a 2 week extension but they are moving full steam ahead and want to be back to 100% by late August. Since there are no orders or laws against it, everything the CDC, city, county, etc. are saying are 'just things for us to consider'. No real mask or distancing requirements. I pray our Exec's come to their senses. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GFisher said:

Was supposed to go back to the open office 7/26, I got a 2 week extension but they are moving full steam ahead and want to be back to 100% by late August. Since there are no orders or laws against it, everything the CDC, city, county, etc. are saying are 'just things for us to consider'. No real mask or distancing requirements. I pray our Exec's come to their senses. 

Hear, hear. Our execs are trying to make us return to the open office (from behind their closed doors) - most of us are flat out refusing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just done with being nice and civil. We've got a friend, a doctor, who recently started posting stuff on FB telling folks to show grace to people who have chosen not to get the vaccine. My response, oh hell no. If you want to skip the vaccine, then you MUST recognize and accept the ramifications of your choice. You cannot skip the vaccine and ALSO skip masking and being triple safe - staying home. If you are so scared of what could be in the vaccine, then stay home. 

I made the point to him that the unvaccinated and still out there without a mask folks are the whole reason Delta and Delta + are getting out of hand. He made a BS comment about viruses just mutate. Yeah well, not without a population of people to spread them...

• Like 2

100%. if you didn't get a vaccine by choice, you made your bed and you get to lie in it. it will likely be your death bed and that's your fault for not taking personal responsibility for your health.

on that note, this is the best example I can think of for the phrase "too little, too late" https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-takes-action-to-mitigate-rise-in-covid-19-cases-in-texas