IGNORED

Why is this still true?

TheX

I just got back from the Pacific Northwest. I spent 10 days wandering around Seattle, Vancouver, Squamish, Portland, and the surround park lands. Everywhere I went there, EVERYONE was wearing a mask indoors. There were signs everywhere saying that it's "required" but no one was enforcing it. Every once in a while, you'd see someone inside a building not covering up and everyone would just avoid that person. It was a night-and-day difference from the level of self-important asswipes we have here in Texas, not to mention our new draconian laws, courtesy of the lege. it made me sad and angry that I live in Texas and I didn't really want to come back. I really don't see myself living here long term after seeing that.

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

I. it made me sad and angry that I live in Texas and I didn't really want to come back. I really don't see myself living here long term after seeing that.

The weather and landscape here alone makes us feel that way. As far as people, meh. Austin is just a mini LA now so it's more of an overpopulation/pretentiousness issue for us. Wherever we go next, we're going to try to live in a metro of under 100k.

We were in Maine last month and mask enforcement was about the same as here. Total crapshoot 

I've had both doses of the Pfizer and don't plan on a 3rd. Also returned to gym at YMCA and workouts are sans mask, as are 90% of the people there. 

We aren't going to vaccinate, mask or martial law our way out of this pandemic. At some point everyone is going to need to get exposed to the rona' and hopefully these vaccines & early treatments will keep us out of the ER when we do.

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

I just got back from the Pacific Northwest. I spent 10 days wandering around Seattle, Vancouver, Squamish, Portland, and the surround park lands. Everywhere I went there, EVERYONE was wearing a mask indoors. There were signs everywhere saying that it's "required" but no one was enforcing it. Every once in a while, you'd see someone inside a building not covering up and everyone would just avoid that person. It was a night-and-day difference from the level of self-important asswipes we have here in Texas, not to mention our new draconian laws, courtesy of the lege. it made me sad and angry that I live in Texas and I didn't really want to come back. I really don't see myself living here long term after seeing that.

My wife’s HS BFF from here lives in a smaller town on the west side of Puget Sound and is married to a local. Good people we’ve met visiting up there but I think it’s a lot more conservative leaning than you think. Trust me, get outside of Seattle proper and you hit the anti mask bubba crowd reeeeeeal quick. Add to that the military presence along the sound and I read just as many antimask post from people there as here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I like visiting PNW this time of year for the mild extra long summer days. Just not sure I’d be as enthusiastic about the short rainy/icy winter days. A relative recently bought a place just outside Bend. I need to check out the dry side of the Cascades before deciding if I could deal year round.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chongo Loco said:

I like visiting PNW this time of year for the mild extra long summer days. Just not sure I’d be as enthusiastic about the short rainy/icy winter days. A relative recently bought a place just outside Bend. I need to check out the dry side of the Cascades before deciding if I could deal year round.

Bend is freaking awesome

(if you can afford)

And yes, PNW can get redneck real fast. California is no different

Bend is freaking awesome
(if you can afford)

And yes, PNW can get redneck real fast. California is no different

I’ve lived all over Texas including Beaumont and I’ve never seen anywhere as red neck as Washington state. You get outside of Seattle and it’s full on “Let’s shoot this old TV with a machine gun in the side of the road” red neck. Freaking crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2