IGNORED

Lost my Garmin 520+ at a unmentionable trail

hawkhai

17 hours ago, hawkhai said:

ys and gal,

I lost my Garmin 520

It seems like a missed opportunity that Garmin doesn't have a feature to make the Garmin beep loudly via bluetooth. Place Garmin connect app in "find" mode and then go riding around until it connects. Or hell, just let the app notify you when it connects. Assuming it is still alive, of course... Jeez, SOMETHING to help find a $300-700 device that has GPS and bluetooth connectivity! 

39 minutes ago, Anita Handle said:

It seems like a missed opportunity that Garmin doesn't have a feature to make the Garmin beep loudly via bluetooth. Place Garmin connect app in "find" mode and then go riding around until it connects. Or hell, just let the app notify you when it connects. Assuming it is still alive, of course... Jeez, SOMETHING to help find a $300-700 device that has GPS and bluetooth connectivity! 

It really should be a standard feature. I have the 520 also, and always have a lanyard attached just in case.

Anita, I thought about that as we were looking for it, but I wondered how fast it would re-connect.  I have an Edge 500 so I wasn't sure how fast it can re-connect and what it does when it reconnects.

Trying to find it visually was impossible with all the leaves and the bright contrast due to the sun and shadows.

That sucks.

One thing I figured out that might help me get my 520 back if I ever lose it is that you can add a text file to the root directory of your Garmin when connected to a pc or Mac which forces text to appear during power up. You can also tell it how long to display. So now my Garmin shows my name and cell number above the Garmin splash screen at boot up.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Chongo Loco said:

Does Garmin STILL not have a find my lost GPS feature? Spot, iPhone can ping, if Garmin doesn’t it seems a bit intentional i.e. planned obsolescence in nature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can't ping something that isn't on a network.