IGNORED

Leadville ride suggestions

In Breck this week and filling out my dance card with trails over here. But I'll be in Leadville on Thursday and looking to put together 3hrs of riding or so. 

Seems like the best option for singletrack is to just play around Turquoise Lake? Then do the Sugarloaf Lollipop, then Turquoise Lake Rd back to the truck?

Anything else worth exploring?

15 minutes ago, Mattlikesbikes said:

In Breck this week and filling out my dance card with trails over here. But I'll be in Leadville on Thursday and looking to put together 3hrs of riding or so. 

Seems like the best option for singletrack is to just play around Turquoise Lake? Then do the Sugarloaf Lollipop, then Turquoise Lake Rd back to the truck?

Anything else worth exploring?

Columbine Mountain Bike Trail, Leadville North, Colorado (mtbproject.com)

2 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

I would say skip Leadville and ride more Breck unless you want to experience part of the race course.  The views and the feeling from the top of Columbine are amazing but the actual “trail” is meh IMO.

I'm a Melanzana junkie and have an appointment to shop on Thursday. Figured if I was making the drive out there I would hit a trail in the area as well. 

The Turquoise Lake trail is always fun and was in great shape last month. I don’t know how familiar you are with the area, but they added several miles of new single track on Southeast side of the lake late last year. It would be easy start by the dam and do an out and back along the lake trail, then explore the new single track.

My Strava is private so a link might not work, but the pic will give you an idea of how much single track has been added. I went back over St Kevins to get back to town. This was a 31-mile 3.5 hour ride.

strava_leadville.JPG

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, johnw101 said:

The Turquoise Lake trail is always fun and was in great shape last month. I don’t know how familiar you are with the area, but they added several miles of new single track on Southeast side of the lake late last year. It would be easy start by the dam and do an out and back along the lake trail, then explore the new single track.

My Strava is private so a link might not work, but the pic will give you an idea of how much single track has been added. I went back over St Kevins to get back to town. This was a 31-mile 3.5 hour ride.

strava_leadville.JPG

Sweet. I was thinking just the lake singletrack, skip some of the new stuff just to keep it closer to 20 miles. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1