IGNORED

Walnut Creek Tuesday Nighter!

WhoAmI

So, I've been joining other people called "MoJos" for regular Tuesday rides at Walnut Creek since around 2002 or 2003; while i was away from Austin from around 2006 to 2012, most of the original "MoJos" are still great friends..  Unfortunately, the MoJo onlinecommunity has been corrupted, so I thought I'd start a thread here about it. Tonight's ride included six different kinds of sausage, Debbie's spicy pickles, and a rare appearance by DirtFace,  Good time, good times.

D

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Teamsloan said:

So is this a guess who I am riddle? What are we discussing?

I am a big fan of Debbie’s pickles.

She likes that the pickle jars come home empty.  I mean, they are very tasty, particularly after hot ride at WC. 

D

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, CBaron said:

Whats the rhythm been lately?  I've been away in the skinny tire world and thinking of coming over to the dirt tomorrow.  Is there still an early group doing a quick lap before 5:30?

-CJB

Yes, there is still an early group, though you never know who might show up.  The faster group rolls out at 5:30 still.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Anita Handle said:

There's another social ride that meets at Walnut Creek on Tuesday in the same range of time, in case you want to join your completely distinct and non-overlapping rides up...

Thanks for keeping this topic at the top of the list!

Since I have never done a night ride of any kind, I'm not sure how fast I would be.

Sometimes night riding ends up being faster. You don’t see stuff that normally holds you back.

There’s nothing quite like night riding with a group and following the train of dancing lights flying through the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

On 12/3/2018 at 10:16 PM, Teamsloan said:

Sometimes night riding ends up being faster. You don’t see stuff that normally holds you back.

There’s nothing quite like night riding with a group and following the train of dancing lights flying through the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to be quite a bit faster, especially at Walnut where there were generally less people out at night.  Unfortunately eyesight has gotten worse at night over the past few years, so I'm scrubbing speed in places I normally wouldn't just because something looks off.