IGNORED

The 1st Photo of You Biking

WhoAmI

5 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

I had some GT Brahma knock-off take-offs for my Univega.  I don't know anyone that had actual Brahma bars.  Also, one finger technique noted.

What fork is on there?

Fork is a Trek OEM RS mag 21 takeoff. It came on some high end trek (stealth with no markings) and the guy that bought the Trek wanted to show off and swapped to a “real” mag 21. Believe i got it from a mechanic at Northcross Sun & Ski. Stuck it on my straight blade fork Diamondback Apex. Been running “slack” ever since. 

• Like 1

This certainly isn't the first, but it's the oldest I can locate for now. We used to build a ton of old school TTF in Ithaca, NY. Otherwise we wouldn't have any tech whatsoever.  I was hitting this one on a buddy's decrepit bicycle--I can't recall what the bike was, but it was a hardtail that weighed about 40 pounds.  I think this was 2005 or 2006. 

Screenshot_20210826-091334_Facebook.jpg

• Like 9

On 8/25/2021 at 12:58 PM, AustinBike said:

I have ridden Surisan, Sinwolsan and I think another that escapes me at this point. Used to go there on business all the time, 2006-2012.

Those are great trails! I lived a couple subway stops away from Surisan. Great MTB community at that time and a mountain every couple of miles. Was there 2004-07. You must have ridden with Jerry and the yahoo MTB group. Sinwolsan was Jerry’s trail. Great guy, used to bring us American goodies for after ride chilling. 

My brother found the picture from my first day mountain biking.  City Park 1992. My brother, James, is on the left, and Chris Thomas is next to him.  He used to be an assistant manage at BSS on Toomey Road back then, so if you saw a tall skinny guy that looked like him, it was.  I'm on the far right. 

Edit: You can see me wearing that Middlebury jersey Chris is wearing in this picture in the first picture I posted to start this thread.  Chris gave that to me at some point, and I still wear it.

City Park April 1992.jpg

Edited by WhoAmI
Words
  • Like 10

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, olddbrider said:

You're not one of those people that ride with a bluetooth speaker, are you?

What a good idea!!!! Thanks, when my bone conducting headphones are OOC, I usually just listen to my phone speaker.  I could use our garage bluetooth!  Awesome, thanks!!!! 

Edited by Jessica
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jessica said:

NBD 1983.  Always with the music.   Upgraded to a 10 speed that I rode on dirt double track.  

20220110_170823.jpg

Cool pic.  (Not a mountain bike, though!  This is what I wanted: "So, I want to see your first picture of you riding a mountain bike for the first time or shortly thereafter."  I have a picture of me on an old bike around 1970 or 71, but it wasn't a mountain bike.) 🙂

3 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

Cool pic.  (Not a mountain bike, though!  This is what I wanted: "So, I want to see your first picture of you riding a mountain bike for the first time or shortly thereafter."  I have a picture of me on an old bike around 1970 or 71, but it wasn't a mountain bike.) 🙂

I suppose I didn't understand the assignment.   If I didn't start on this bike in the 80's, I wouldn't be here today.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...