IGNORED

1st time for everything

Seths Pool

Happened on Friday at practice at RPR for the enduro. 34t oval. Name brand chainring.

Never hit a rock. Shifted to hardest gear in beginning of “right flow” stage, cranks locked up, almost went OTB, saved it and looked down to that 90* bend

They are warrantying it. 

The manufacturer hypothesis is that maybe my chain started to come off the top of the chainring right as I shifted to the hardest gear and then as I cranked, the Chainline being to the  hardest gear on the cassette just folded the ring laterally outward. 

Crazy! But I had extra chainrings at home so I was able to get back in business before the race. 

What a kick ass event! Texas enduro Cup Reveille Peak Ranch is one of the best

2E295EA7-BA9E-4F31-A972-0B2F9D5FCDED.jpeg

4AB809B7-39B2-48EC-A0B9-D03C8BE944D4.jpeg

3 hours ago, Seths Pool said:

Happened on Friday at practice at RPR for the enduro. 34t oval. Name brand chainring.

Never hit a rock. Shifted to hardest gear in beginning of “right flow” stage, cranks locked up, almost went OTB, saved it and looked down to that 90* bend

They are warrantying it. 

The manufacturer hypothesis is that maybe my chain started to come off the top of the chainring right as I shifted to the hardest gear and then as I cranked, the Chainline being to the  hardest gear on the cassette just folded the ring laterally outward. 

Crazy! But I had extra chainrings at home so I was able to get back in business before the race. 

What a kick ass event! Texas enduro Cup Reveille Peak Ranch is one of the best

2E295EA7-BA9E-4F31-A972-0B2F9D5FCDED.jpeg

4AB809B7-39B2-48EC-A0B9-D03C8BE944D4.jpeg

To much power in those legs!

19 hours ago, throet said:

Nice! Did you find a spot on the podium?

Regarding the chainring, they really need to start making those from carbon :classic_wink:

man I had a great day but crashed on the last stage full commando. hit a rock that completely just stopped my bike and I went OTB, was fine but jumped up and finished the stage with crooked stem/handlebars. I got 8th/30 with a crash. I'll take that. was a super fun event regardless! doesnt get much funner than the texas enduro scene 

1 hour ago, CrossPlane said:

That's insane! Looks like the same "name brand" I have, glad to hear they're sending you a new one.

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk

yeah, I dont wanna name them because they are a great company that makes great products, and I have a buddy who works for them. crazy stuff just happens sometimes. I will still continue to rock their stuff. this was more of a display of the buckner beatdown saga rather than the integrity of their products. they make nice parts, and are handling it gracefully 🙂 

• Like 1