IGNORED

Who lives in Blockhouse Creek, what's up with Jumano and the greenspaces?

rugger

10 minutes ago, St.Bernardo said:

Behrens in good for a quick dirt lap or two after work or as a pass through trail to connect other trails.

In the future, RR is gonna do something with it, until then we just work with what's there without putting a lot of work in the RR may alter or delete.

Brian! How the hell are you!?

Yea, RR held an open house a couple year back, invited ARR/BCB. They are well aware of the MTB trail there and they SAID they plan to engage the MTB community to further develop, but we've heard that before...

https://www.roundrocktexas.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Behrens-Ranch-Public-Input-Summary-Board.pdf

Also RR plans to have the park at 1431 and Sam Bass (yes, that's a park) Mayfield Park developed into an "adventure park" with a focus on outdoor adventure with archery, kayak/canoe, challenge(obstacle) course, and trails. 

image.thumb.png.541702ec9c25151ca2405dc413c9bf27.png

Edited by rugger

@rugger.  Doing good.  Still above ground.

There have been a couple times that RR had funds in hand for Behrens, but it keeps getting bumped for other projects.

The future park (Mayfield Ranch) at Sam Bass/1431, that even lower on the list.  No trail through there, just some overgrown double track.  When everthing's been dry for a while, I'll ride the DT and end up at the Sam Bass intersection.  From there ride the southside easement of 1431 over to Red Horn. Stop for a beer and drop into Suburban Ninja.

I know RR uses it every once in a while for kid's educational thing, but that's it.  

More elevation there than Behrens, would be nice to have a flow type trail through there before connecting to Sam Bass.

20 hours ago, rugger said:

Shhhh...no one needs to snoop on the global heatmap. NO!!!! 

I love it, but again it's cheating. In 1992 you had to EXPLORE, you had to FIND, you have to sweat, bleed, and cry to find all the hidden gems. It's insane how much trail there is out there...

Did a heatmap-less wander over there this afternoon. Managed to find my way from the toll road to the pool halfway into the neighborhood! Pretty neat 👍

It may be worth cleaning it up a bit before officially including it in the 3B, but it's borderline as is. Less road and more trail is definitely a win!

• Like 1